Status
Not open for further replies.

thehardway

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2009
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know it was a different era, but I'm pretty sure Tuck played around 100 games for the 2nds and Dipper played around 50. I'm not suggesting any of our players currently playing for Box Hill is comparable but I don't think you can make a blanket statement that player development stalls if they aren't playing senior footy.
Tuck played 50 and Dipper 99 reserves games.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finn and Brocky playing for Box Hill (but not Jeka)

Hope Brockman isn't playing 2s for long. His marking, positioning, speed and goal sense make him our second best small forward option in my eyes.

Seems like we're going tall again.

Is Howe playing?

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finn dropped, up yours Clarko
Up yours for dropping a player who couldn’t get near it? He’s not ready, shouldn’t have come in to begin with. Needs to go back and learn how to get the ball and how to impact. Not picking Brockman, who has already shown a bit at AFL level and is already better than Hanrahan is the disappointing one for me.

Flamin Joe

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg, Norwood
Any chance we can pull Brockman out of the box hill game at Quarter time and play him tomorrow instead?

The kid can play. Needs to be fast tracked

Everytime he gets the ball, just the way he moves he looks like an AFL player. Just stands out even more when he's playing VFL.

Realist

Senior List
Feb 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Up yours for dropping a player who couldn’t get near it? He’s not ready, shouldn’t have come in to begin with. Needs to go back and learn how to get the ball and how to impact. Not picking Brockman, who has already shown a bit at AFL level and is already better than Hanrahan is the disappointing one for me.

It’s hard to get the ball when you’ve already been labelled a tagger after four games of VFL.
I agree he needs to find the pill but they won’t even give him the chance to do it at Box Hill. The last thing Hawthorn needs is a tagger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is it just me or is there a disconnect between Hawk listed players and Box Hill? Finn looked good today and Brockman has class but others don’t look for Finn in particular

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is it just me or is there a disconnect between Hawk listed players and Box Hill? Finn looked good today and Brockman has class but others don’t look for Finn in particular
You are correct, Finn needs some experienced quality mids to help him out, instead he is playing with guys who are very average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back