Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We have lost 7 games with our forward line being the worst I've seen in 30 odd years supporting the club. Reckon we should be able to fit in any forward who is in any semblance of form in the VFL, even if it's both Garner and Ford.

We had no problems scoring in the first half against Melbourne when our MIDFIELD actually had legs. Throwing in extra forwards will solve precisely * all and will just put more of a burden on our running capacity, as Garner & Ford aren't exactly endurance beasts.

We had no problems scoring in the first half against Melbourne when our MIDFIELD actually had legs. Throwing in extra forwards will solve precisely fu** all and will just put more of a burden on our running capacity, as Garner & Ford aren't exactly endurance beasts.
Our inside 50 dominance in the 2nd quarter was something like 18:8. Yes we did kick 5 goals, but it's hardly reflected our dominance. The same thing happened against Adelaide when we dominated for large periods, without much reward, and were only up by a few points at 3/4 time, when we should have been up by 4-5 goals. I would say forward line is a bigger problem than midfield at the moment.

Our inside 50 dominance in the 2nd quarter was something like 18:8. Yes we did kick 5 goals, but it's hardly reflected our dominance. The same thing happened against Adelaide when we dominated for large periods, without much reward, and were only up by a few points at 3/4 time, when we should have been up by 4-5 goals. I would say forward line is a bigger problem than midfield at the moment.

it's the delivery into the f50 that's the issue! often against adelaide and other sides when we dominated we got it to the half forward area and slowed down the delivery (yes maybe due to no one being inside 50) and that only brings about a low % long bomb. in the first half against melbourne we got it fast to the half forward, then were able to stretch melbournes defense and put it across the other side of the ground.

it's the delivery into the f50 that's the issue! often against adelaide and other sides when we dominated we got it to the half forward area and slowed down the delivery (yes maybe due to no one being inside 50) and that only brings about a low % long bomb. in the first half against melbourne we got it fast to the half forward, then were able to stretch melbournes defense and put it across the other side of the ground.
We all have a different opinion. I am not saying delivery is great, but I haven't seen anyone present or get any separation at all. Our forwards aren't leading towards the kicker. They are leading the other way, if anything. And once it hits the ground, we have had no crumbling options or ability to hold it in there. Unless we fix the forward line setup, we will struggle to win with any midfield dominance.

Absolute stupidity. I could understand if they had to move the Essendon GWS game to an entirely different slot, but moving it by 20 odd minutes hardly helps, yet affects other games in the process. Some absolute idiots running the game.

Absolute stupidity. I could understand if they had to move the Essendon GWS game to an entirely different slot, but moving it by 20 odd minutes hardly helps, yet affects other games in the process. Some absolute idiots running the game.

So why not just swap the slots then?

We all have a different opinion. I am not saying delivery is great, but I haven't seen anyone present or get any separation at all. Our forwards aren't leading towards the kicker. They are leading the other way, if anything. And once it hits the ground, we have had no crumbling options or ability to hold it in there. Unless we fix the forward line setup, we will struggle to win with any midfield dominance.

Have a look at the first half against Melbourne again, the forwards are leading and getting plenty of separation. The reason we had such a huge disparity in our i50s was because of our midfield dominance.
It's not basketball where it's only a matter of making your shots count, we actually have to get the ball there in the first place.

Our forward line is absolutely a list need, but bringing in another forward this weekend isn't going to make us a 5 goal better team IMO.

Absolute lunacy...

So why not just swap the slots then?
Any change in time slots after the tickets have already been allocated, unless it solves a major issue, not merely moving by 20 minutes, makes no sense IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last four games I've attended

Good Friday (128 point loss)
Geelong 2019 (one goal for whole game)
Hawthorn 150 years game (solid win)
Essendon (AMT pulling winner from arse)

I'm due some luck
or the much-loved Shaun Atley kicking wildly in the centre of the ground with 30 seconds left

Last four games I've attended

Good Friday (128 point loss)
Geelong 2019 (one goal for whole game)
Hawthorn 150 years game (solid win)
Essendon (AMT pulling winner from arse)

I'm due some luck
or the club could pay you not to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back