Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that quietly slipped by last week was that Nathan Buckley (212) broke Brad Scott's (211) record of most games coached in one term at one club without a Premiership.

View attachment 1120097

LOl it's been awhile since I've seen that pic and as always it makes me laugh. Am glad to see Brad's record ha been broken by another brilliant mind in Bucks.

It's a simple thing like this that can show how out of touch the AFL are with their fans.

The reason for the delay is the implications on their betting partners. For years, the bookies have been screwed by late withdrawals and changes to announced starting 22 lists, and the AFL made this change to accommodate their sponsors.

The AFL are absolute hypocrites. They promote their betting partners are every opportunity they can before, during and after games and then when they discover one of their players has placed a sneaky $5 7 leg goal kicking multi on, they label it despicable behaviour. Literally every kid who is being drafted now would have been watching AFL on TV and been blasted with these adverts for almost half their lives and now it's a surprise that they're keen on the punt.

Anyway, sorry... That pisses me off. Rant over.

Yeah, the team lists is about their gambling sponsors. Nothing to do with teams or anything like that. It's sponsorship.

We’ve gone from being absolutely belted, to not even close to winning a quarter, to winning one quarter, to winning 2 quarters, to dominating 2 quarters and holding on.

We are seeing slow and patient improvement. Some of our depth players are starting to get some momentum.

If our process is clear, strict and we have a clear plan, that’s way better than being a “flash in a pan” kinda team. Patience without steering away from the plan is going to hold us in good stead for the future.

If we are getting the same consistent message whilst learning and when we do win, it will distill a huge amount of confidence in our coach and what he wants us to do. We will believe in the plan and we know it works.
Thank you, this is why I'm ok with Noble saying that were are chasing a process more than a win right now.

We all love Garner and want to see him in the team but the facts are Garner had 8 touches and didn't trouble the scorers in the VFL, whilst Mahony had 14 touches and a goal.

So right now, Garner is either injured, unfit, or just plain s***.
Was at the VFL slaughter last week and Garner was barely sighted the entire game. Absolutely did nothing to justify even a snowflake's chance in hell in being promoted to the seniors.

Okay, then just admit this really affords you nothing more than something different, and therefore, "hope".

I’m more confident than hoping. If I feel that way as a fan, I can only imagine the confidence brewing at North. The wins will come and when they do they will be “consistent”.

Look at Saints for example. Yeah sure they came out of the blocks in the pre-season looking like the team to beat. They are bipolar in their system, their plan, do we even know what they stand for or play like?

Noble obviously has a stable plan. Through the corridor, more attacking, run and create space etc I haven’t seen that change from the start of his career. The young fellas have obviously been told “trust the process and the wins will come” and while being ******* slow we are getting closer and closer every game. Confidence in the process that I feel like was barely there in the past, is so important for our young group. They have to trust it, to get the wins.

We should be completely void of confidence due to these losses and the worst start in over 50 years?!…. But were not. We are actually gathering momentum and we’re starting to see what we’re capable with some of our best 22 out. That to me shows we have confidence and have a coach that is able to really stabilise the group and distill some belief.

When we started collapsing under Shaw where was our plan? Have we completely collapsed under Noble? I don’t know, his message has been consistent throughout the whole year and even when we have straight out shown no effort in earlier games (which is unacceptable) I think that’s a work in progress for all teams not just ours. We have seen a complete shift in identifying what players strengths are and using them effectively while also nurturing their weaknesses.

Turner as a tagger is a big tick. Development of Bonar has been sensational, I think Zeebs going back has worked etc Powell and other players have been growing even though we have had the worst start.

I believe we have the right coach but we got other things we have to sort out along the way but at least we got something right in our rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more confident than hoping. If I feel that way as a fan, I can only imagine the confidence brewing at North. The wins will come and when they do they will be “consistent”.

Look at Saints for example. Yeah sure they came out of the blocks in the pre-season looking like the team to beat. They are bipolar in their system, their plan, do we even know what they stand for or play like?

Noble obviously has a stable plan. Through the corridor, more attacking, run and create space etc I haven’t seen that change from the start of his career. The young fellas have obviously been told “trust the process and the wins will come” and while being ******* slow we are getting closer and closer every game. Confidence in the process that I feel like was barely there in the past, is so important for our young group. They have to trust it, to get the wins.

We should be completely void of confidence due to these losses and the worst start in over 50 years?!…. But were not. We are actually gathering momentum and we’re starting to see what we’re capable with some of our best 22 out. That to me shows we have confidence and have a coach that is able to really stabilise the group and distill some belief.

When we started collapsing under Shaw where was our plan? Have we completely collapsed under Noble? I don’t know, his message has been consistent throughout the whole year and even when we have straight out shown no effort in earlier games (which is unacceptable) I think that’s a work in progress for all teams not just ours. We have seen a complete shift in identifying what players strengths are and using them effectively while also nurturing their weaknesses.

Turner as a tagger is a big tick. Development of Bonar has been sensational, I think Zeebs going back has worked etc Powell and other players have been growing even though we have had the worst start.

I believe we have the right coach but we got other things we have to sort out along the way but at least we got something right in our rebuild.

Got to say I agree to date. Nothing guaranteed but I've been happy with Noble's work to date and the club overall feels like it has a clear on field plan.

The reason for the delay is the implications on their betting partners. For years, the bookies have been screwed by late withdrawals and changes to announced starting 22 lists, and the AFL made this change to accommodate their sponsors.

The AFL are absolute hypocrites. They promote their betting partners are every opportunity they can before, during and after games and then when they discover one of their players has placed a sneaky $5 7 leg goal kicking multi on, they label it despicable behaviour. Literally every kid who is being drafted now would have been watching AFL on TV and been blasted with these adverts for almost half their lives and now it's a surprise that they're keen on the punt.

Anyway, sorry... That pisses me off. Rant over.

Yeah, the team lists is about their gambling sponsors. Nothing to do with teams or anything like that. It's sponsorship.
I'm surprised the AFL has not been pressured to introduce stewards to investigate late withdrawals, etc.

Got to say I agree to date. Nothing guaranteed but I've been happy with Noble's work to date and the club overall feels like it has a clear on field plan.

I feel like nothing is guaranteed. No one has a crystal ball but why would we? How boring is that. We are on a journey. Way better than being stuck with over a decade of mediocrity and instability

Maybe Scotts wasn't even the best at being the most losingest AFL coach.

Sounds like figjam just became worse than Scotts was.

Daniher and Buckley both coached teams to grand finals. Brad Scotts did not. He has the singular record for most games coached without ever reaching a grand final.

Daniher and Buckley both coached teams to grand finals. Brad Scotts did not. He has the singular record for most games coached without ever reaching a grand final.
I joined big footy to post in the BBB thread (or maybe it was the * sympathy thread). Either way it was a worthy reason for joining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back