Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see us winning this one unfortunately, their midfield is to mature and we’ll run out of legs against Pendlebury/Sidebottom/Mayne but we’ll leap frog them in 18 months. They’re in for a bit of pain.

33/30/32

I think we will be fine against their midfield. Put Turner on Sidebottom and he won’t go near it.

I think Pies midfield is a bit overrated on here. If they were good enough they would've troubled a few sides already.

At the moment, they are in really bad form but we do have a habit of playing teams into form.

I hope we smash them.

I hope Bucks is stubborn enough to keep Moore forward for at least another half. McKay will smother him and we could get out to a match winng half time lead.

I can also see Moore going back and cutting off all our bombs forward, Jordan De Alleged Sex Offender recapturing his form etc etc

I'd like to see Garner come in. Garner is a waste in the VFL rabble. What he did show is intent to apply pressure, gotta be worth a goal off his own boot and another in assists and/or preventing turnovers and fast scoring from rebounds. Near impossible to show anything as a medium forward in the vfl.

I'm eager to have him in the team and see what he can do too, but he's come off an interrupted pre season only to cop several minor injuries/niggles in VFL games vs Campbell who is as fit as a fiddle and playing to the level. At least with Xerri, unlike almost every other younger player, he can gain something from the VFL. Performance and development in the ruck can be very independent from how the rest of the team travels, not to mention that if we want him to be Goldy's long term replacement he might very well be better served playing 90% TOG ruck in the VFL vs 20% in the AFL.
On fire Dev

Needed Bonar to play on De Goey up forward but doubt he gets up with that Corkie. Tough match up i think now.

Dont think LDU will play either, understandably.

I think Pies midfield is a bit overrated on here. If they were good enough they would've troubled a few sides already.

At the moment, they are in really bad form but we do have a habit of playing teams into form.

I hope we smash them.
I don’t rate their midfield, I don’t even rate it above ours, I rate their ability to run out games over us..
Even Cunners is probably a good 3 or 4 weeks away from running out games.

Last edited:
I don’t rate their midfield, I don’t even rate it above ours, I rate their ability to run out games over us..
Even Cunners is probably a good 3 or 4 weeks away from running out games.

If Ben was ever able to fully run out games, he would stand alone as the best player in the AFL. It’s the one chink in his armour. Oh, and a lack of pace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out mahony
In LDU

Dumont will be close also

still rather Xerri over campbell also, it’s time to invest in the future there

Not yet..Campbell has earned keeping his spot. While Xerri is playing ok it's not enough to push Campbell out. The time will come though..Patience...

As much as I want the lads to have a dip and get some reward for effort, happy to have the 4 points go to the pies this week and get that nice little buffer of 2 games between us for the rest of the year. Our percentage is that low that we can win 2 to see out the year and still end up with pick 1

don’t need horne going to the giants

My thoughts exactly...saves me posting it... :thumbsupemoji:

Because we haven’t been consistent. Other than losing every week, we don’t have four quarters in us to run out as winners

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Said that to a Collingwood supporter at work yesterday. He noted that Collingwood struggle to run out games as well.
Match of the round this week🔵⚪

I'm eager to have him in the team and see what he can do too, but he's come off an interrupted pre season only to cop several minor injuries/niggles in VFL games vs Campbell who is as fit as a fiddle and playing to the level. At least with Xerri, unlike almost every other younger player, he can gain something from the VFL. Performance and development in the ruck can be very independent from how the rest of the team travels, not to mention that if we want him to be Goldy's long term replacement he might very well be better served playing 90% TOG ruck in the VFL vs 20% in the AFL.
certainly can get plenty of centre bounce work in given teams are raining goals against us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see Garner come in. Garner is a waste in the VFL rabble. What he did show is intent to apply pressure, gotta be worth a goal off his own boot and another in assists and/or preventing turnovers and fast scoring from rebounds. Near impossible to show anything as a medium forward in the vfl.

Especially with Curtis struggling.

Needed Bonar to play on De Goey up forward but doubt he gets up with that Corkie. Tough match up i think now.

Dont think LDU will play either, understandably.

Here's one.

Zurhaar on De Goey with a licence to run and hurt him the other way if he can.

I like most of us are hoping we are getting closer to a win . I reckon if our young group get a sniff in the last ie leading in the 4th ,that our youthful exuberance might see us overrun a team for our first win and I reckon us North faithful will be pretty loud about it too.

Here's one.

Zurhaar on De Goey with a licence to run and hurt him the other way if he can.

I don't mind the idea of switching Ziebell for Zurhaar.

Cam clearly needs to get his hands on it. In our current set up Jack might provide a bit more in the air forward.

Not after todays performance. Campbell, as much as I think is a sh*t truck, gets another go. Xerri is unfit as all fu**
Campbell isnt actually a s**t truck, and if you had looked at his stats it would bear that out. At the moment he is keeping Xerri out of the team. He shouldnt and wont get dropped.

Would love a win that leads to the sacking of Bucks.. Geez I wish we had somehow managed the pick swap for Collingwoods pick somehow added into the Stevo deal (was it already done before then?) as long as we didn't lose Powell.

Campbell isnt actually a sh*t truck, and if you had looked at his stats it would bear that out. At the moment he is keeping Xerri out of the team. He shouldnt and wont get dropped.
Lol, your idea of a s**t truck must be vastly different to mine. I don’t settle for mediocrity, I do not settle for softness, I will not accept a big bloke not making a contest. Yes, granted for Campbell, he was decent against Melbourne. Enough for another game. He kicked his goals and competed well. Far too often he blasts the ball out on the full, he too often drops marks he should take and also in the past he is out bodied too often by a smaller opponent. Yes, gets another crack, but he is hanging on by a string. One good performance doesnt mean we roll out a new contract. He is far from it and if Xerri was fit, i’d be playing him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back