Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol, your idea of a sh*t truck must be vastly different to mine. I don’t settle for mediocrity, I do not settle for softness, I will not accept a big bloke not making a contest. Yes, granted for Campbell, he was decent against Melbourne. Enough for another game. He kicked his goals and competed well. Far too often he blasts the ball out on the full, he too often drops marks he should take and also in the past he is out bodied too often by a smaller opponent. Yes, gets another crack, but he is hanging on by a string. One good performance doesnt mean we roll out a new contract. He is far from it and if Xerri was fit, i’d be playing him

what often gets missed about tom campbell is he's a leader around the club. apparently he makes a huge effort to set an example for young players at training and guys like that are valuable. we're crying out for senior players to give the younger guys direction and i don't think we can afford to offload another one

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
what often gets missed about tom campbell is he's a leader around the club. apparently he makes a huge effort to set an example for young players at training and guys like that are valuable. we're crying out for senior players to give the younger guys direction and i don't think we can afford to offload another one
I couldnt give a flying * to be honest. Take advice and leadership from a spud and you’ll become a spud.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Pies midfield is a bit overrated on here. If they were good enough they would've troubled a few sides already.

At the moment, they are in really bad form but we do have a habit of playing teams into form.

I hope we smash them.

That would be some of our finest BF work to overate the 17 th placed side . But I’f anyone can we can

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I couldnt give a flying fu** to be honest. Take advice and leadership from a spud and you’ll become a spud.
Depends on the advice doesn't it? It would be one thing if he was lecturing them on how to scoop up a ground ball at pace, another if he's just generally trying to keep them in good headspace and give them more generalised life advice from the perspective of a bloke who's tried his guts out in awful teams and isn't naturally gifted. Ford and Phillips were the two who mentioned his nearly fatherly nature and approach, both of whom were doing it tough in the VFL with him to start the year. If he's contributed to them keeping their head above water then good on him.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can’t see us winning this one unfortunately, their midfield is to mature and we’ll run out of legs against Pendlebury/Sidebottom/Mayne but we’ll leap frog them in 18 months. They’re in for a bit of pain.
Can we get Hayden back on Pendles, Cunners on sidebottom and Jye on Mayne....done

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we get Hayden back on Pendles, Cunners on sidebottom and Jye on Mayne....done
We’d probably give them a hiding with our full team, the pies don’t even really have an injury list. They’re just playing poor.

I also wouldn’t even rush bringing any of those guys back. We need to get on top of the niggley injuries.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey did anyone receive the usual email from the club for (members) to obtain tickets For this weekend? We would of received something by now going by previous weeks.
Usually Tuesday before the game is for priority 1 members

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kids don't simply develop because the number next to their games played count goes up.

There's a difference in terms of development between playing a competitive game where you take it up to a better team versus getting absolutely spanked and losing possession counts by nearing triple figures.

If the difference between losing by an 5 extra goals and every player getting a handful less possessions is that we play one or two more senior bodies then so be it. You can't just play every kid on the list, be a bottomless pit of uncompetitive drivel, and expect players to actual develop well.
Well said. There is also the balance of one earning their cap as opposed to having it gifted to them. Plenty of criticism of other clubs gifting games.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon this will hurt the Pies if they win ugly or convincingly. It only delays the inevitable crash.

We are hungry for blood so I expect us to be really switched on. Back at Marvel too so I can't wait to be there.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
I couldnt give a flying fu** to be honest. Take advice and leadership from a spud and you’ll become a spud.

I'm not sure if you're trolling here... I've been away from the board for too long, but I think this is a garbage take.

Nick Maxwell and Richie Vandenberg were both boiled potato's but considered excellent leaders at their clubs during their captaincy tenure.

IMHO, Campbell, for all his floors, goes bard all day. Xerri can't at the moment, and is barely knocking the door for a call up.

Yes it's trendy to have a young up and coming team, but we shouldn't sneer at leadership (in whatever form that takes)... particularly our team!

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Teams should use list management to set a direction to contend or build up, team selection should be based on best available.

Right now Campbell is best available.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

he seems to clanking marks which is super important. If he can do that again this week he is in the foreseeable future

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was thinking about that yesterday.

It would be so good.
Careful what you wish for, bucks is the perfect coach for Collingwood, every time their list gets to a point that they are ready to challenge bucks moves on a few of their A graders and they slip back into the mire, this has 2 great outcomes, firstly other teams get to benefit from the use of the players, ie, Heath, Stevo and Trelour and secondly it keeps raising the hopes of the collingwood army then dashes them. this has to be perpetuated for as long as possible.

Back