Game Day Round 8, 2022: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game, win today it not only stamps us as contenders, but also gives us a 2 game buffer inside the eight.
Still think we have the man power & am not swaying from my 27pt prediction.

:stkilda: GO SAINTS :stkilda:

Last edited:

If we put together a good first 5 minutes, we'll win this thing. Just need a spark to believe they're beatable - which they are.

I've been pretty good at tipping St Kilda this year. I tipped us to beat Hawks by 70, I knew we'd lose to Port and I feel it in my waters that we will win today.

Go Saints.

Kinda weird but I've felt all week that we're a serious chance in this game. Whereas last week leading in to the port game all week I had this heavy feeling of an inevitable loss.

Really just hoping we actually turn up and don't sh!t the bed. I think we match up on the Dees a lot better than most other teams. Hopefully we can handle the mental challenge and not be our own worst enemy.

🔴⚪⚫

If we put together a good first 5 minutes, we'll win this thing. Just need a spark to believe they're beatable - which they are.

I've been pretty good at tipping St Kilda this year. I tipped us to beat Hawks by 70, I knew we'd lose to Port and I feel it in my waters that we will win today.

Go Saints.
Just bet my life savings on us after reading this!

Edit: Just read Circus post and emptied out my wife's account too.

I too just have a funny feeling about this game. Dees haven't been that convincing this year. I don't buy the "only going at 70%" chatter. Plus, it seems to be the weekend for uosets with the Suns and Jabbers pulling off against the odds victories yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win would be insane, we'd be only a game off top spot, but importantly we would be the only team to have drawn blood against the top 2 teams. The 2 losses on our ledger were both about as honourable as they come.

A win today, and the forming dating back to the bye last year is that of a top 4 team, after virtually a seasons worth of games.

.Having said that, I'm expecting Demons to take it home by 30-40, hope I'm wrong.

Honestly can’t see us winning this. They are just to good but we need confidence at least. Next week is huge. We must win. I have it down to 11 sides into 8. Most likely 11 wins should get you in with a good percentage. 12 with any percentage and you are certain. 3 wins out of our next 4 are needed and are a chance. We will be favourites in all 3 if we win today. Most likely we won’t but we will still be favourites in 2 of them. No injuries and obviously a win is required but no injuries and a small loss is our best chance.

We all need a reality check.

Let’s be honest here: if conditions are good, and if we kick straight, and if we start well, and if Melbourne are a little off their game, and if we get a good run from the umps, and generally if each player brings their best game today, we’ll lose by less than four goals.

As much as it pains me, the Dees are just that good at the moment.

GO SAINTERS!

Keep an eye out for Petracca, Gawn and Oliver to rip it out of the centre bounce in the first minute and put two early goals on the board for them.

Fortunately for us, when the oppo kicks two opening minute goals, we go ******* apeshit.

Not confident at all of getting a win today, just want to enjoy the game. Hopefully we play well and can create a contest. Goal kicking will be important I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back