Game Day Round 8, 2022: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously , anyone on here that really believes the ump's cost us this win is have way too many mothers day drinks
There were mistakes but the outrage on here is way over the top

Who said that hahah

Pretty sure we all just want a level playing field with competent officiators.
Glad more people are speaking up about it because if the AFL continues to silence there'll never be any pressure to fix it.

Seriously , anyone on here that really believes the ump's cost us this win is have way too many mothers day drinks
Don't think anyone is suggesting we lost the game because of the umps, just frustrated with some of the poor decisions that went against us.

We cost ourselves but it's like saying you deserve to be king hit if you go out in the city at night.

Brad Hill: Touches the ball for less than a millisecond and is slung to the ground. So prior opportunity is? I got so upset about another last year, Coffield tackled in mid air before he took possession, apparently you have prior before you have possession?

We cost ourselves but it's like saying you deserve to be king hit if you go out in the city at night.
Nah we need to look at why we lost not blame everyone else , last week it was the clubs fault for selling the game , this week the umps .

Brad Hill: Touches the ball for less than a millisecond and is slung to the ground. So prior opportunity is? I got so upset about another last year, Coffield tackled in mid air before he took possession, apparently you have prior before you have possession?
And when you have possession since it is current and not prior you have as much time as you like.

Dont think anyone is suggesting they cost us the game

Just the state of umpiring seems to get worse and worse. And the AFLs solution is to outlaw criticism of what is clearly a massive problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s something seriously wrong if that’s a free kick and it wasn’t the only one like that today.

They’ve taken it way too far.

Umpires had no say over the final result

They stopped us having a chance at a come back a few times. Snuffing momentum still makes it difficult to compete. They didn't make us play badly but that percentage builder they gave them could cost us a finals spot.

I don't like that players in tackle are just letting go of the ball and "woe is me, contact, please gimmie a freebie", it's a blight. I can kinda get holding position with body position instances in marks but too many times it's a straight shove when player A launches to just straight remove them, and that's straight illegally disposing of a player who has no autonomy of themselves since technically airborne. Never called though.

Dees literally always leading this match, never in doubt. We spent half a match existing whilst they were playing and all we did was even it up.

Nah we need to look at why we lost not blame everyone else , last week it was the clubs fault for selling the game , this week the umps .

Of course you do. That's separate issue. Gaslighting everyone who could see how s**t the umpires were doesn't do that either.

Without umpire influence we lose by 4 goals.
That one period in the second kill our chances.

Melbourne are the team to beat, but so were Geelong in 08, us in 09, Richmond 18, they are good but not unbeatable.

The umpiring was appalling. Can I say that? The umpires won't be affronted and their fragile disposition won't be impacted.

That free against Hill. That umpire should be dropped for that alone. Pathetic. An even playing field would be really nice.

Pretenders and it's as simple as that.

We're not getting near the top 4 or a meaningful final with the current list. Need to keep churning and building like Melbourne did, their best players are drafted guns not reject flops like Wood who was appalling today or Butler.

Feels like, we were outcoached for the first half. But probably more betrayed by terrible execution and disposal.
They set up rediculously well, but our F50 set up was a dead set abortion.

Ball movement into that just played straight into their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back