Discussion Round 8, 2022 - Photos and Discussion

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Friday, May 6
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)
Fremantle v North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Saturday, May 7
Richmond v Collingwood (MCG)
Sydney v Gold Coast (SCG)
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong (MO) (T)
Essendon v Hawthorn (MRVL) (N)
Brisbane Lions v West Coast (G) (N)

Sunday, May 8
Melbourne v St Kilda (MCG)
Carlton v Adelaide (MRVL) (T)

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
This game might show the weakness of St Kilda's clash jumper's all-red back (assuming we wear it). Really needs a white panel with black numbers like Port's home. We'll have two teams with red across the top half of the front of the jumper, and white numbers with a fair bit of red on both backs.

We wore a similar jumper with an all-red back against the Dees in the 2016 pre-season (which had more white on the front). It's not terrible, it's just that the contrast could easily be greater.

422281.jpeg
422274.jpeg

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
This game might show the weakness of St Kilda's clash jumper's all-red back (assuming we wear it). Really needs a white panel with black numbers like Port's home. We'll have two teams with red across the top half of the front of the jumper, and white numbers with a fair bit of red on both backs.

We wore a similar jumper with an all-red back against the Dees in the 2016 pre-season (which had more white on the front). It's not terrible, it's just that the contrast could easily be greater.

View attachment 1393260View attachment 1393261
surely they wont wear that

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Friday, May 6
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N) home/ black v home / white
Fremantle v North Melbourne (OS) (N) home /purple v home / white

Saturday, May 7
Richmond v Collingwood (MCG) home /black v white clash / white
Sydney v Gold Coast (SCG) home / red v blue clash/ white (but we should have blue shorts)
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong (MO) (T) home / charcoal v home / white
Essendon v Hawthorn (MRVL) (N) home/ black v home / white (but should be deep lemon shorts)
Brisbane Lions v West Coast (G) (N) home/ maroon v yellow clash / white (but should be blue shorts)

Sunday, May 8
Melbourne v St Kilda (MCG) home / navy v home/ white
Carlton v Adelaide (MRVL) (T) home/ navy v red clash / white (but should be red shorts)

Predictions
Friday, May 6
Port Adelaide: Home v Western Bulldogs: Home with White shorts (AO) (N)
Fremantle: Home v North Melbourne: Clash (OS) (N)

Saturday, May 7
Richmond: Home v Collingwood: Clash (MCG)
Sydney: Home v Gold Coast: Clash (SCG)
Greater Western Sydney: Home v Geelong: Home with White shorts (MO) (T)
Essendon: Home v Hawthorn: Clash (MRVL) (N)
Brisbane Lions: Home v West Coast: Clash (G) (N)

Sunday, May 8
Melbourne: Home v St Kilda: Clash (MCG)
Carlton: Home v Adelaide: Clash (MRVL) (T)

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I know people are shitting on the Eagles, but i hope it is a good game. Too many good players on the list to play like wet noodles (I appreciate that there are a bunch out, but there are still something like 13 that played in a premiership team).

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Umpires in yellow with the Hawks in predominantly gold last night is just an unthoughtful decision from people in the AFL who make these decisions but have no idea about the visual spectacle of the game.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anybody pointed out that Rowan Marshall has the saints shorts sponsors on his skins?

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Umpires in yellow with the Hawks in predominantly gold last night is just an unthoughtful decision from people in the AFL who make these decisions but have no idea about the visual spectacle of the game.
I couldn’t believe it when I flicked between the games on Kayo last night. Both had a team in mostly gold, yet only one game had the umpires in a contrasting blue kit. Do they share that one kit around the country or something? Beggars belief.

I dont understand

View attachment 1393260View attachment 1393261
I don't understand why Melbourne got rid of the red back jumper, I actually think it works better than their current clash in SOME instances.

Back