Autopsy Round 8, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

To me a gorilla FB is not that pressing. We'd probably have to lose one of Wilkie, Battle or Dougal and you'd imagine Howard would be most likely. I'd rather offer guys like Anderson a fortune or raid some interstate sides.

By the way my boy Goober is going okay in the VFL. 21 disposals, 57 hit outs (229 in 6 games), 7 marks and 11 tackles against Geelong. Ranked 6th in the VFL for fantasy points in the VFL this year.
Any word on how his Mum is travelling?😉🤪

Great analogy about Gears. He did become way more composed later. The injuries that bloke had, what a hard nut he was.

When Ross talks about some regrets about the first time around with us I always wonder if it's Geary that is one he thinks of as a kid he didn't play in 09 and 10 finals.
When you look at his stats for 09 and 10 he seemed to get dropped off the back of one low output game. You're right that Geary wasn't polished but as a young player you could see the mentality that eventually took him to being a captain.

Different circumstances obviously this time in relation to Ross turning up at a point where he has to play newish draftees compared to last time when they were largely 6 years into their careers.

I was a very big fan of young Gears...as I still was when he became skipper so I'm biased.

Robert Eddy coming in for finals in 09 and 10 like he was Clark Keating still makes me scratch my head.
Robert eddy coming into the 2nd granfinal with a broken hand wasn't it? Now that's what I hope Ross has changed.

By the way my boy Goober is going okay in the VFL. 21 disposals, 57 hit outs (229 in 6 games), 7 marks and 11 tackles against Geelong. Ranked 6th in the VFL for fantasy points in the VFL this year.
Any word on how his Mum is travelling?😉🤪

Think she’s in his belly 😱

tbgljSx.jpg

I was in a flight returning from a boozy weekend in Brisbane (pub crawl in Newstead anyone?) and only caught the scores sometime in the second.
I knew immediately what type of game this was, zero need to watch or listen to it.
Just check the score around 6pm.
NarklesHelmet summed up this game in his first post.
Nth and Clarko were always going to park the bus and play defensively.
These types of games inevitably devolve into rubbish.
Take the win, move on.
One of the best places for a pub crawl!

What a win!!
Was a scrappy game, but great that our defensive system held up so well. Also it was a very even contribution. We didn't have many dominate, but we still did dominate every statistic not a game to have the replay on repeat. A bit of a worry is we were fumble again and some of our slick ball movement - overlap run on a 45 to the fat side for instance was shut down. Anyhow RTB is a genius so it's all an audit and that and we'll smash the crows😀

To me a gorilla FB is not that pressing. We'd probably have to lose one of Wilkie, Battle or Dougal and you'd imagine Howard would be most likely. I'd rather offer guys like Anderson a fortune or raid some interstate sides.

Here Gringo, 3:37 and again at 4:53. Go somewhere quiet and get it out of your system.

Here Gringo, 3:37 and again at 4:53. Go somewhere quiet and get it out of your system.

It’s cute how much Gringo pretends he cares about Goober when we all know he only wants us to draft him because of his mum. ;)

It’s cute how much Gringo pretends he cares about Goober when we all know he only wants us to draft him because of his mum. ;)
Any idea what Luke Dunstan and Ethan Phillips mums look like? 🤔

Jesus she is a real cutey. Now I see why people have been commenting on her so much.
Anyway back to the football, Gringo...Gringo....where for art thou Gringo?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus she is a real cutey. Now I see why people have been commenting on her so much.
Anyway back to the football, Gringo...Gringo....where for art thou Gringo?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shhhh I'm concentrating on the pause button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

Speaking of supporters, as bad as the footy was last night, the crowd seemed tiny on the TV. A better atmosphere couldn't hurt the footy, might even pump the players up to play better footy.

Not sure what the weather was like, but when two smaller teams play each other twice for the season, surely there's a creative way to get each other's supporters through the gates. Whether it's letting each other's reserved seat holders get in for free, or giving club shop vouchers back to attendees if the crowd numbers hit 30K/40K etc. I know these things cost money, but with so much money coming in from other sources (TV rights etc), there must be some kind of temporary campaign that could boost numbers in the stadium. Maybe kids or pensioners attend free or something, I dunno. I find it hard to believe it's impossible.
They closed half the ground level 3 last night
North are not far from folding, they are going to struggle when Tassie arrives.

A small takeaway from RTBs presser was the questions the coaching group were thinking about were 'did they hit the weights too much' in the 9 day break and also did 3 training sessions, wondering did they do too much.

If that's coming to their minds in moments during the game then I'm guessing they hit them pretty hard to take advantage of the longer break. Considering the first quarter we mostly looked a little off and complacent with a couple exceptions in Byrnes and NWM then it would be a logical explanation.

Bank the 5 goal win with the extra conditioning and move on I reckon
Also liked the Pou comment around him being cooked against port due to ‘we’ asking him to do too much work during the week.
He looked it last week.

Wonder if it was another reason Walsh’s job satisfaction was not great..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back