Autopsy Round 8, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Vote for Pou or Sharman for mark of the year

I think this is the most bizarre match review report I've seen

That moment of madness cost him $1000 with an early guilty plea, plus the 50 and a goal during the match (midway through 3rd quarter) - just so stupid!
I wondered what that was all about. It wasn’t dissent. So misconduct. What a strange thing to do.

Don't think I remember Membrey stinking it up so much.

Prepared to chalk it up to a bad game but is there room for King, Caminiti and Membrey?
It would mean a big change in structure and I just don’t see it happening. King, Caminiti, Membrey with Pou and Owens is too tall.

I'm not going through the entite thread, but gas anyone mentioned that that poor bastard Nick Larkey looks like a young Ricky Nixon?

Watching him is like watching some Netflix prequel to the sordid Chicken Nixon story, before the schoolgirl, before the fake merch sales and all the other nutty stuff. Larkey is the Jimmy McGill to Nixon's Saul Goodman.

It would mean a big change in structure and I just don’t see it happening. King, Caminiti, Membrey with Pou and Owens is too tall.
The bulk of our goal-kicking is being done by our small forwards. If we are going be a serious competitor though and reach finals, we need a CHF and FF contributing to the score

The bulk of our goal-kicking is being done by our small forwards. If we are going be a serious competitor though and reach finals, we need a CHF and FF contributing to the score
No doubt but I think there’s only room for two of King, Membrey and Caminiti. Three is unnecessary.

To me a gorilla FB is not that pressing. We'd probably have to lose one of Wilkie, Battle or Dougal and you'd imagine Howard would be most likely. I'd rather offer guys like Anderson a fortune or raid some interstate sides.

By the way my boy Goober is going okay in the VFL. 21 disposals, 57 hit outs (229 in 6 games), 7 marks and 11 tackles against Geelong. Ranked 6th in the VFL for fantasy points in the VFL this year.
You have had more boys that George Pell

Think she’s in his belly 😱

tbgljSx.jpg

He was Adopted for sure

I'm not going through the entite thread, but gas anyone mentioned that that poor bastard Nick Larkey looks like a young Ricky Nixon?

Watching him is like watching some Netflix prequel to the sordid Chicken Nixon story, before the schoolgirl, before the fake merch sales and all the other nutty stuff. Larkey is the Jimmy McGill to Nixon's Saul Goodman.
Haha a Chicken Souva-Larkey!

Love the McGill/Goodman reference... gold.

No doubt but I think there’s only room for two of King, Membrey and Caminiti. Three is unnecessary.

Members is the odd man out in that grouping.

King for obvious reasons, will be a goat CHF or FF for us and Caminiti is what Paddy was, only without the noggin issues in pack crashig marking and being that focal point. Membrey, Membrey is legit the only one that slows, stops and jumps vertically at a ball to invite all manner of pressure on him, the only one that doesn't go "I see 3 people in front of me, I am kneeing two of them in the back of the head".

In a perfect world scenario, he's in discussion with Wood and Sharman in value, given however that he's been with us for so long and is generally our FF and chop out guy he's a non KP playing KP to our overall detriment.

King for obvious reasons, will be a goat CHF or FF for us and Caminiti is what Paddy was, only without the noggin issues in pack crashig marking and being that focal point. Membrey, Membrey is legit the only one that slows, stops and jumps vertically at a ball to invite all manner of pressure on him, the only one that doesn't go "I see 3 people in front of me, I am kneeing two of them in the back of the head".

In a perfect world scenario, he's in discussion with Wood and Sharman in value, given however that he's been with us for so long and is generally our FF and chop out guy he's a non KP playing KP to our overall detriment.
To be fair, most of Skunk's 'vertical jumps' are due to the ball being kicked poorly to him.

He's our best leading forward as he actually leads at the footy... if Winx led at the ball like Skunk does he'd kick 150 goals a season.

Caminiti has been super impressive but King and Membrey are proven players, I’m not ready to put a 5 gamer ahead of them yet. Membrey had a mini slump in 2018 but he eventually got out of it and I’d expect him to do the same this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caminiti has been super impressive but King and Membrey are proven players, I’m not ready to put a 5 gamer ahead of them yet. Membrey had a mini slump in 2018 but he eventually got out of it and I’d expect him to do the same this year.

Membrey has always been toted as being a great third forward. I see Caminiti as a good second forward and King as a good first forward. Then it may be more along the lines of Owens who is taking Membreys spot in the team.

Ricky Nixon whenever his name appears in a headline you just know it’ll be something cooked as. Funniest one was the fake signed merch one

Don't know about any of that but I think Dan Butler looks like Joe Dirt.

Watching him is like watching some Netflix prequel to the sordid Chicken Nixon story, before the schoolgirl, before the fake merch sales and all the other nutty stuff. Larkey i
Don't know about any of that but I think Dan Butler looks like Joe Dirt.
Contribute to the collective AFL Lookalikes - AFL Look-a-Likes: Chapter 6

Just watching the replay now.

Cooper Sharman's first goal near the end of Q3 was interesting. He seemed to jog from the centre, unmanned like he was a player in that new AFL23 video game, and casually jump up and mark Brad Hill's centring kick as easy as you like.

Maybe the camera didn't show everything. Where was his man? What the hell kind of game is Clarko getting his men playing if they can let that happen? Sharman is a tallish marking forward. You don't give players like that a free hit.

Yes, I do hate North, but the fact they can let that happen in a game where they were claimed to have come with supposed "ferocious pressure" just made me angry. Just fold you bloody rabble and take your Tesco bag guernsey with you.

While I'm on the subject, what did folks here think of Cam Zurhaar? He could have won the game with better kicking but he was pretty decent in general play, I was impressed, can't quite work out if he's a really good player or not.

Last edited:
While I'm on the subject, what dud folks here think of Cam Zurhaar? He could have won the game with better kicking but he was pretty decent in general play, I was impressed, can't quite work out if he's a really good player or not.
He has a very strange head.

Cooper Sharman's first goal near the end of Q3 was interesting. He seemed to jog from the centre, unmanned like he was a player in that new AFL23 video game, and casually jump up and mark Brad Hill's centring kick as easy as you like.

Maybe the canera didn't show everything. Where was his man? What the hell kind of game is Clarko getting his men playing if they can let that happen? Sharman is a tallish marking forward. You don't give players like that a free hit.

Yes, I do hate North, but the fact they can let that happen in a game where they were claimed to have come with supposed "ferocious pressure" just made me angry. Just fold you bloody rabble and take your Tesco bag guernsey with you.

While I'm on the subject, what dud folks here think of Cam Zurhaar? He could have won the game with better kicking but he was pretty decent in general play, I was impressed, can't quite work out if he's a really good player or not.
Zurhaar is what you get when you go looking for a Jordan DeGoey in the middle isles of Aldi

Hawkins, Hawkins, Rohan
Buddy, Reid, McLean

Both grandfinals teams last year

Brisbane last year top 4
Daniher, hipwood, McStay

Think there is plenty of room

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Membrey and Rohan is not a comparison. He’s one of the quickest players in the league and they also had the pace of Stengle, Close and Miers at their feet. Brisbane play the third tall down there but again they have a fleet of super quick small forwards so they can get away with it. I just don’t see how you can play all three with Owens, Phillipou, Higgins and Gresham. Over investing in tall forwards isn’t what wins you flags.

Maybe the camera didn't show everything. Where was his man? What the hell kind of game is Clarko getting his men playing if they can let that happen? Sharman is a tallish marking forward. You don't give players like that a free hit.

While I'm on the subject, what did folks here think of Cam Zurhaar? He could have won the game with better kicking but he was pretty decent in general play, I was impressed, can't quite work out if he's a really good player or not.
Cam Zurhaar ? He laid two great tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back