Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy Dear has been selected but what puzzles me is they have put a lot of pressure on him by dropping Ramsden.

As they are asking him to play the lone tall forward in his first game at least Ramsden would offer support, his going to be double teamed every time he goes near the ball.

He was invited to look around by Clarko.
Lewis thought he was next in line to be captain.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lewis was told he wasn’t in the best 22 and would get one year contract offers at best. Melbourne offered him a longer term and told him he’d be in their best 22. Thoroughly modern, pragmatic decision by all involved.

Im happy Dear has been selected but what puzzles me is they have put a lot of pressure on him by dropping Ramsden.

As they are asking him to play the lone tall forward in his first game at least Ramsden would offer support, his going to be double teamed every time he goes near the ball.
I agree, not sure we’re doing him any favours. Gunston is there so Dear will have some support. I’d like to see a late change with Ramsden coming in. Who would you drop?

So what was the reason Lewis left the club?
Tom Mitchell also came out saying he didn’t feel he was treated right under Sam, so looks like Sam got that one wrong.
If Scrim leaves end of year then that’ll be another Sam got wrong.
Lewis leaving had nothing to do with Sam so I don't know why you are bringing that up.

Next you'll be telling us Sam didn't like the way he spoke to himself in the mirror and promptly went to WCE.

Yeah, you don’t like Chol, we get it…

It’s been explained continually why Scrimshaw was given a spray. We’ve even had former players and coaches explaining why it made sense.
That you still find an astonishing says more about you than it does about the spray.
Chol also cost a goal so it’s not an anti chol view to feel he should have copped a public spray as well as scrim

Chol also cost a goal so it’s not an anti chol view to feel he should have copped a public spray as well as scrim
And if you listen to Mitchell

Certain players are coached differently
No point spraying a player when a) you know they don’t react well or b) you choose to have the conversation post game

It’s honestly not that hard

Tom Mitchell also came out saying he didn’t feel he was treated right under Sam, so looks like Sam got that one wrong.
You have genuinely no clue

It’s embarrassing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's because of all the players to cop a (very) public spray it was Scrimmers who is in the midst of his best ever season.

And who (I still maintain to this day) was very harshly treated by the coaching panel last year.Dropping him for Bramble, I mean really how did that age?

Fair enough maybe some players can cope with that feedback better than others but given Scrimmers is a free agent next year I think Sam should be showing him a bit love mixed in as well as I am 100% certain Clarko is sussing him out as we speak (he's exactly what North need and they will pay overs to get him).
Cmon SC your not jumping down this rabbit hole again .
The player ( Scrim ) openly admitted, addressed and responded to why he was dropped .

Don't make this out to be a treated harshly thing by the coaches .

I think it's because of all the players to cop a (very) public spray it was Scrimmers who is in the midst of his best ever season.

And who (I still maintain to this day) was very harshly treated by the coaching panel last year.Dropping him for Bramble, I mean really how did that age?

Fair enough maybe some players can cope with that feedback better than others but given Scrimmers is a free agent next year I think Sam should be showing him a bit love mixed in as well as I am 100% certain Clarko is sussing him out as we speak (he's exactly what North need and they will pay overs to get him).
Depends on how you look at it. Would Scrim be having his best ever season if he wasn’t dropped for Bramble?

Sam didn't get that one wrong at all.
Tom Mitchell was useless for Hawthorn moving forward, getting in the way of future development of our midfield.

Even if he and Sam were bear friends it was the right decision for him to move on.

By the sounds, he wasn't used to the type of feedback he received. Funnily enough it's happened to Tom at 2 clubs now, and he moved on from both.
So is it the fault of the coaches or Tom himself?

We actually play ok on the concrete dungheap that is afl house. West and Weightman are big outs for them too, both provide a lot of ground level class and scoreboard threat.
I think our mids will need to kick multiple goals for us to be a show so I wouldn't mind seeing Day floating around inside 50

Hopefully Watson, Ginnivan and Moore give Duryea, JJ, Richards and Dale a handful.
Big moment for Ginnivan playing against his favourite ex Hawk ……Taylor Duryea…

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Lewis was told he wasn’t in the best 22 and would get one year contract offers at best. Melbourne offered him a longer term and told him he’d be in their best 22. Thoroughly modern, pragmatic decision by all involved.
There is an interview around somewhere that the players describe Clarko rocking up to your house with a bottle of wine.
Quite humorous looking back now. Lewis had one good year at Melbourne and then the wheels fell off pretty quickly but it is the IP that you lose out the door and ability to have on field leadership whether at AFL level or at Box Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back