Preview Round 8 - Bloods vs GCS - Saturday 7 May @ 1:45 PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse has gone back to his conservative coaching again. Just omits the three popular whipping boys as the safe options. Weak.
Funny, I was just thinking about Horse... even knowing who was dropped and who was not, still very happy he's our coach!

If you think GCS give you nightmares now, imagine what they'll do next year if Clarko is coaching them.... :oops:

Funny, I was just thinking about Horse... even knowing who was dropped and who was not, still very happy he's our coach!

If you think GCS give you nightmares now, imagine what they'll do next year if Clarko is coaching them.... :oops:

A bottom four finish? I don't want that for Gold Coast but I wouldn't have nightmares over it.

If Clarko has half a brain he’d go to GWS who actually have the nucleus

If Clarko has half a brain he’d go to GWS who actually have the nucleus
Really? Given his record, I'd say he's a very competitive man who likes the challenge... imo that's GCS.

(Which by the way, keeps this on topic!)

Really? Given his record, I'd say he's a very competitive man who likes the challenge... imo that's GCS.

(Which by the way, keeps this on topic!)

Winning a title with another club is a challenge enough

Good ins, brings our team more balance. Ladhams will have his hands full with Witts but if he breaks even that's a win.

Backing Lloyd and Rampe to turn it around. Their form isn't as bad as others make it out but they can offer more than they currently are

No reason we shouldn't mop the Sun's up, yet Dew gets his teams best against us.

I have it on good authority Clarko is now living on the GC and a good chance to be drafted in by AFL to sort the Suns out. He will have the same effect on GC as Fagan had on Lions.

Hoped Cor would get a shot, but I think this is our preferred team minus Hickey (for McLean probably)

I'm happy with McLean staying in, has been pretty consistent, and if he slotted his two easy goals he would of been not shot to be dropped. Has to convert, though I think last week was hard for a lot of players.

Hoping Lloyd isn't in defence, just doesn't suit him atm, but with Cunninghams absence, we have a shortage of small defenders, so I can't see Lloyd being used up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cunningham's injury that meant Lloyd stays in but maybe Florent will take his usual spot in defence and Lloyd plays up the ground. Sounds like they want to make Lloyd work and it will take a few more bad games to drop him.

Interesting we don't bring a small defender in. Suns have a few zippy forwards.

Great to see Logan straight back in. That will give him a huge confidence boost that the club believes in him.

Frustrating in regards to Lloyd. If he's not dropped i happe he's had a few home truths this week.

And for the love of god and everything that is wholy in the world, can we please come out with some intensity and not roll out the piss weak game we normally do against lesser sides

I still wonder why despite all evidence to the contrary, that people regard Lloyd as a one-on-one defender, which he has never been. Or that he and Cunningham play similar roles. Cunningham out means that Horse probably doesn't want to remove experience or another player from down back, rather than expecting Lloyd to lock down on Ainsworth, Rankine et al.

Suppose it makes it easier to criticise him though, so I guess it does make sense after all! Carry on.

PS. I'd have brought COR in, but we might make do with Campbell and Florent as the small defenders.

I still wonder why despite all evidence to the contrary, that people regard Lloyd as a one-on-one defender, which he has never been. Or that he and Cunningham play similar roles. Cunningham out means that Horse probably doesn't want to remove experience or another player from down back, rather than expecting Lloyd to lock down on Rankine et al.

Suppose it makes it easier to criticise him though, so I guess it does make sense after all! Carry on.
Playing down back , at some point he has to be accountable for someone. And he is a weak defender, no two ways about it.

Playing down back , at some point he has to be accountable for someone. And he is a weak defender, no two ways about it.
Couple of weeks ago he did as much as Blakey and Campbell combined in the contest, still copped flak for doing nothing. The others have picked up since then though, which is good.

Really glad that Kennedy gets another full run. Think he will be important to get some of those hard ball gets against Gold Coast who are suspect to physical pressure if you get them early. Parker important here as well of course and hope Mills causes them headaches especially if Miller gets a lot of footy. Pressure his disposal might be key.

Really glad that Kennedy gets another full run. Think he will be important to get some of those hard ball gets against Gold Coast who are suspect to physical pressure if you get them early. Parker important here as well of course and hope Mills causes them headaches especially if Miller gets a lot of footy. Pressure his disposal might be key.
Hard tag on Miller by GWS (? Lachie Ash) worked to curb his influence. Maybe a job for Rowie.

I would have preferred JPK to have a rest and COR to come in as I worry about the GoCo's speed. That said we should all be happy to have Paddy and Logan back.
Campbell, Juzzie and Oli all quick enough to go with the GC smalls, just need to stick those tackles. That was one area we struggled with last week, with the Lions often standing in the tackle and off loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back