VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lost 83-102, Mayne booted 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see a second of the game because I was at a family gathering but what the hell is up with our handball to kicking ratio???

It's the wrong way around!!
The amount of times we hanballed ourselves in to trouble was ridiculous.

and we are playing Bad at AFL level. That was something we did Quite A Lot
Last time I checked we'd won 3 in a row at AFL level. We aren't playing like world beaters but we certainly haven't been playing badly for the last month.

Last time I checked we'd won 3 in a row at AFL level. We aren't playing like world beaters but we certainly haven't been playing badly for the last month.

I am not talking about the last 3 Weeks. I am talking about before that

I am not talking about the last 3 Weeks. I am talking about before that
You should have been clearer then. You said 'we are playing bad at AFL level'. Should have said when we were playing bad.

Also just for interest
in 1993 Gary Ablett kicked 124 goals and 60 behinds from 233 kicks. He took 111 marks and only had 13 handballs for the entire year.
That's a fantastic bit of trivia.
Great post :thumbsu:

You should have been clearer then. You said 'we are playing bad at AFL level'. Should have said when we were playing bad.

Well I am not great with Grammer. Thanks for Pointing it out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have the 1995 gary ablett gold card!
I think i have a 1993 and 1994 in my collection somewhere. My young bloke collects the modern day cards and they are on another level. Not as rare or valuable but man the technology of printing these days!

But he got a lot of it so he was named BOG.... sigh.

Blair was hard at it all day. most of the other collingwood players were very in and out of the play having good moments. Blair was the only player to be consistently getting the ball and working very hard. Daics, Ramsay, Mayne had some pretty good meanest but were quite or pretty ordinary for long periods as well, Cox if he stayed on was playing a pretty good game.

No pie player really put his hand up that strongly. Blair was a reasonable pick.

Kirby has a great bag of tricks but will hopefully learn a bit today about the mental side of the game. Needs to do a bit more than that to be considered for seniors, but he's definitely got the talent.

Dirty Day for Kirby and does need to learn to handle a tag and the attention. But that said still kicked 2 and set up 2. (gave away way to many frees and 50s though) but on a bad day still had good impact when he got involved.

I'm not going to add much on what others saw with their own eyes other then a well done to Blair, was probably our best player.
Cox killed them til half time and was possibly held back because of that. Ramsay very good. Keeffe good. Daicos promising. Kirby obviously talented just a shame he lost the plot today. Would love to see this guy play seniors before the year is out. I switched off for the last, taped it on Fox and flicked off I guess I missed most of Mayne's other 2 goals.

I think Sier should be put on the rookie list for next year and see how he goes.
Sier needs to get fit enough to play on the ball. He needs a pre season. He is not a hff where he seemed to line up most of the game. He started getting his hand on the footy in the last when he played on the ball. I have no idea if he is good enough but we will never find out if he keeps getting played out if position

Sier needs to get fit enough to play on the ball. He needs a pre season. He is not a hff where he seemed to line up most of the game. He started getting his hand on the footy in the last when he played on the ball. I have no idea if he is good enough but we will never find out if he keeps getting played out if position
Sier played a lot of time on the ball yesterday, not just in the last. He played hot potato a lot and skirted the outside of packs instead of getting his hands dirty. At his size he really should be in the thick of it.

Blair was hard at it all day. most of the other collingwood players were very in and out of the play having good moments. Blair was the only player to be consistently getting the ball and working very hard. Daics, Ramsay, Mayne had some pretty good meanest but were quite or pretty ordinary for long periods as well, Cox if he stayed on was playing a pretty good game.

No pie player really put his hand up that strongly. Blair was a reasonable pick.
None of us have any problem with Bair's endeavour or courage but watch the replay closely, time and time and time again he wins the ball in the pack and misses the target with the outlet. When he gets a little space he actually DITHERS about passing the ball off.

Sier played a lot of time on the ball yesterday, not just in the last. He played hot potato a lot and skirted the outside of packs instead of getting his hands dirty. At his size he really should be in the thick of it.
It's only his second year and his 5th game this year and he had no preseason .. geez fair dinkum, fair shake of the sauce bottle what do you expect from him? Do you expect him to play well and look promising or something?????... Crazy talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back