Preview Round 8 - Changes/Preview v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s because Geelong’s fixture is insanely soft from here. They only have 4 matches against the current top 8 for the rest of the season and two of those four are a double up against the Saints. They’re going to really have to whiff it to miss top 4.
This is such a nothing point. They play the dogs twice and port. Dogs will more than likely be in the 8 soon which makes it 6 more. Teams could be in a hotstreak playing them

This is such a nothing point. They play the dogs twice and port. Dogs will more than likely be in the 8 soon which makes it 6 more. Teams could be in a hotstreak playing them
Could also see Port finding some form. They had a bumpy start to the year but their list is still solid. They won't do any damage in September but they might still make a late run at finals.

Oh it’s not through intention. Just amazing that they’ve probably already played the most difficult part of their season. History says it’s 15 wins for top 4 contention; they’d need to drop 5 matches from here but with their fixture and the advantage of Pork Barrel Park they’ll get there comfortably you’d think.

Fun fact: after the Saints beat Richmond in that game in 2017 (margin was 70 points but honestly should have been 100+) we were ahead of both sides on the ladder in 5th or 6th IIRC. Was relatively late in the season too.

Fun fact: after the Saints beat Richmond in that game in 2017 (margin was 70 points but honestly should have been 100+) we were ahead of both sides on the ladder in 5th or 6th IIRC. Was relatively late in the season too.
Round 16 is only 2/3 through the season. Not that late at all.

They won the flag. It literally can't have been crucial.

Haha so you just backed up my point 😂
Okay crucial was a poor choice of a word, not as if they had to win that game to make the 4, however it wasn't as if the game didn't mean anything either at the time, a 67 point loss to St Kilda would have been extremely disappointing and caused Richmond to fall back into the pack with Port, Melbourne and St Kilda.

Okay crucial was a poor choice of a word, not as if they had to win that game to make the 4, however it wasn't as if the game didn't mean anything either at the time, a 67 point loss to St Kilda would have been extremely disappointing and caused Richmond to fall back into the pack with Port, Melbourne and St Kilda.
I've honestly lost the point of this mate. This ain't a crucial game for us against the saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 16 is only 2/3 through the season. Not that late at all.
More to the point that we completely imploded from that point, which is incredible relative to how late in the season it was. To be ahead of the eventual premiers with seven games to go and miss finals, truly a feat.

Does anyone really care about this one? Way more important for the saints than us. Would be nice to stick a flag in the ground but really beating the saints in May means nothing to us. They need it to feel like they are true contenders. We don't.
I care about the 4 points.

We will have a down patch at some point (like we did late last year prior to the streak), just a matter of how big.

While we have momentum, wins are important.

Finalised tomorrow but:

Out: Melksham, Smith, Chandler (medi-sub)
In: Petty.

Then pick 4 from Weideman, Jackson, Pickett, Sparrow, Dunstan, Bedford, ANB, Laurie.

Would expect Jackson, Pickett, Sparrow and ANB. Good to see Laurie is close though

Yeah none of that “this game is not that important” s**t from me, I ******* love pumping the saints. My dad is a sainter and I want to watch dees slaughter them and laugh at him and his s**t team the whole time. Love reminding him of the pick 1 wasted on someone who is not Petracca. Love pointing out this rebuild is a failure. Love laughing at overpaid Bradley Lazy campaigner Over The Hill while Ed Langdon is the best winger in the AFL. Love hating on s**t Saint Kildas i hope we smash the * out of them and they fold.

Carn Dees!

Yeah none of that “this game is not that important” s**t from me, I ******* love pumping the saints. My dad is a sainter and I want to watch dees slaughter them and laugh at him and his s**t team the whole time. Love reminding him of the pick 1 wasted on someone who is not Petracca. Love pointing out this rebuild is a failure. Love laughing at overpaid Bradley Lazy campaigner Over The Hill while Ed Langdon is the best winger in the AFL. Love hating on s**t Saint Kildas i hope we smash the fu** out of them and they fold.

Carn Dees!
Saints fans are my least favourite supporter group by far. Bunch of freaks and ferals with the IQ of a cucumber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back