Autopsy Round 8: Changes v Western Bulldogs - Kent out, Salem back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some pretty confident posting going on over at the dogs board. They're all tipping 5-6 goal wins by the looks of things. Would really like to win this game. The lid would be adjar

It's probably fair - they look like a top 4 side while we're incredibly unpredictable.

If we're on we can win, if we're off we'll get smashed by 10 goals.

The game being at the G gives me hope, if at the Dome id give us none.

Pretty much what rhaz said above, i think we can win but if we dont i see the Dogs winning by over 30. The later being the most likely but i hold onto hope.

Sucks there is no Tom Boyd this year, good for one handball, i rate Redpath. :(

Need to shut down the Dogs run early, cant let that s**t get out of hand in the first quarter like we did last year against them at the Dome. We were leaking goals against GC on the counter attack, it will get pretty ugly against the Dogs if we allow them to do the same.

First game the dogs play away from Etihad is it? That's a big advantage for us if correct? Still think they should go in favourites but not saying we can't win at our best either.

Glad to see Salem back in. I'd love to see him let off the leash (boom, boom) this week to really attack up the ground. Think his half back role leaves him in two minds about attacking the ball or defending his man and he can end up doing neither.

First game the dogs play away from Etihad is it? That's a big advantage for us if correct? Still think they should go in favourites but not saying we can't win at our best either.
Yep, first time since they lost the final last year, just the second time since we beat them last year.

In fact, last year, they beat Richmond in Rd2 at the G, and after that, their only wins were at Etihad, SCG and Cazaly's in Cairns. All smaller grounds.

I gotta say I'm a little surprised Salem comes in for Kent to be honest. I know most of you think he's an automatic selection but I'm less convinced that he's the right player to replace Kent. Wouldn't ANB be a closer type to Kent given he has played that role and played it well before? Also has been playing good footy in the vfl. Not unhappy with Salem though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say I'm a little surprised Salem comes in for Kent to be honest. I know most of you think he's an automatic selection but I'm less convinced that he's the right player to replace Kent. Wouldn't ANB be a closer type to Kent given he has played that role and played it well before? Also has been playing good footy in the vfl. Not unhappy with Salem though

Be interesting to see who takes Kents high HF spot, does Salem go forward?

Sorry guys a little off topic but I want to know if it's just me, is the Bont a little overrated at the moment? Definitely does some nice things but the commentary when he goes near it seems over the top,
Please be gentle, this is my first post!

Sorry guys a little off topic but I want to know if it's just me, is the Bont a little overrated at the moment? Definitely does some nice things but the commentary when he goes near it seems over the top,
Welcome to the board.

Commentary when any Bulldogs player goes near the ball is over the top

Did you seek permission to put your first post here?

Fair question. I haven't watched a lot of the Dogs on TV this year so I couldn't tell you to be honest. I think he's a solid player right now perhaps without having the flair that excited people in his first year or two. Still a gun though.

Not really sure what you're on about, even moreso than usual.
My post turned into three repeat posts. Then they disappeared. But only AFTER I mentioned it. Either mods are messing with me (Crimson probably) or new poster Liamr is some kind of sorcerer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back