Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Amiss needs some help, it seems a bit early for him to be first option. Fyfe is in bad form, and might not even be match ready, but his presence in the forward line will absolutely help him. Draper needs to come in too, Cox and Pearce both too unreliable at the moment, and we need to change the mix in there

There won’t be any accountability.
Players like Hughes, Banfield, JOM, Aish, Schultz get a free ride this year.

Erasmus in. Johnson out.
Wilson in. Hughes out.
Corbett in. Banfield out.
Treacy in. Sturt out.

Aish and JOM should’ve been dropped last week or week prior. They won’t, because JOM got two goals.

Who cares anymore

There won’t be any accountability.
Players like Hughes, Banfield, JOM, Aish, Schultz get a free ride this year.

Erasmus in. Johnson out.
Wilson in. Hughes out.
Corbett in. Banfield out.
Treacy in. Sturt out.

Aish and JOM should’ve been dropped last week or week prior. They won’t, because JOM got two goals.

Who cares anymore
Dont be dumb

Sigh…. Who cares anymore. Leave any changes and prematch discussion below.
Yep. I'm with you. I can't believe the lack of changes every week. O'Meara and Brodie playing onball at the same time is not working as they get smashed in open play but heaven forbid we even try playing a talented kid who can run all day for a whole game like Erasmus and instead select him as a sub.

Last edited:
Out: Pearce, Banfield and Hughes
In: Wilson, Treacy and Erasmus

FB: Wilson Ryan Walker
HB: Young Cox Clark
C: Johnson Serong O'Driscoll
HF: Erasmus Treacy Switkowski
FF: Walters Amiss Sturt

R: Darcy Brayshaw Brodie

I: O'Meara Aish Schultz Jackson

Why Corbett didn't get a chance to begin with I don't understand, he didn't do anything wrong and did plenty of good things when he came on last week, was one of if not our only forward taking marks.

Amiss can't do it alone, he's still a kid for Christ sake, keep Sturt in there with him and give Corbett a full in crack.

I don’t think you watched the game. If you didn’t you wouldn’t have Pearce out and not Johnson who is 100% going to be suspended.

Why Corbett didn't get a chance to begin with I don't understand, he didn't do anything wrong and did plenty of good things when he came on last week, was one of if not our only forward taking marks.

Amiss can't do it alone, he's still a kid for Christ sake, keep Sturt in there with him and give Corbett a full in crack.
Spot on. When the changes were released, was perplexing why Corbett wasn’t named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt and amiss in the same forward line isn’t working. They both want to play the same game and neither of them has enough weight behind them to disrupt the contest.
I think they can work though, they're both trying to be a key forward, Sturt needs to focus on being the medium forward while Corbett and Amiss focus on being our main two targets, Sturt is supposed to be our X-Factor of sorts.

Johnson suspended - Erasmus in.

Banfield out - Treacy in (dominating for Peel). Play him HHF.

Would love to see Draper for Cox as a statement but won’t happen.

Sturt and amiss in the same forward line isn’t working. They both want to play the same game and neither of them has enough weight behind them to disrupt the contest.

It doesn’t work because we don’t have a decent third option.
bring Corbett in and Banfield or Schultz needs to get the arse

It just baffles me that they've brought him in just to play WAFL footy, he deserves a chance just as much as any of our forwards, Lord knows we can't do any worse.
Season done - have to play kids with potential not solid journeymen. Treacy needs to be preferred for the remainder of the year imv.

Amiss Sturt Treacy should get a free run at it together

Out: Johnson (suspension I assume), Banfield, O'Meara or Brodie

In: Erasmus, Treacy, Fyfe or Worner or something

Still maintain that you can't play JOM and Brodie in the same midfield, just too god damn slow.

Last edited:

Pearce won’t get dropped.

No. 1 move should be move Hughes from wing to backline. NOD starting to find fitness so he and Aish can settle as the wings.
No. 2 move thank Banfield for his efforts and move him to Peel permanently. Corbett or Treacy into the team.

MJ will get suspended so Erasmus gets a full game.

Fyfe in if fit. May mean we move Sturt to Sub.

Have to agree, he wasn't good by any stretch today but we need to be pumping games into him otherwise we're just falling back into the same cycle we went through with him last year.

He’s had a good run at it this year already and shown very little. I know a lot on this board are massive on him but you can’t just pump games into a guy who is having zero impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back