Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s tiring though.
Sack Jl and replace him with who? Do that and the players look elsewhere.
Brayshaw would then have played under 3 coaches, only played 107 games so far.

Just like under Ross in 2016 onwards, the assistants suck. Josh Carr to Joel Corey and it’s a different set up.
Most of all, Bell and perhaps Alcock. They should get the heat for stupid decisions.
Look I said I this on other threads.

I don't mind if we get an experienced coach like Ken Hinkley or Don Pyke or even a Brett Ratten.

But yeah, need some experienced assistants.

Hell any former dockers players that want to come back here?

I have said my views on ken Hinkley. I would love him to emulate his port Adelaide finals success at Freo.

No flag but 5 finals wins from 2013-21 isn't bad

Look I said I this on other threads.

I don't mind if we get an experienced coach like Ken Hinkley or Don Pyke or even a Brett Ratten.

But yeah, need some experienced assistants.

Hell any former dockers players that want to come back here?

I have said my views on ken Hinkley. I would love him to emulate his port Adelaide finals success at Freo.

No flag but 5 finals wins from 2013-21 isn't bad
He’s Ross Lyon 2.0.
He should’ve been sacked years ago.

Which part?
Him becoming a star.

I honestly thought he was going to be a solid 150 game player after his 3 goal game against the bombers at the start of the 2020 season - I don’t know if it’s injuries, confidence, game styles or just that he got lucky that day, but I really just don’t see him becoming a star. If we delist him at the end of the year - which is looking likely (will probably depend on how many others we already plan to delist, or trade away, and how many decent draft picks we have) then I doubt he gets picked up by anyone.

as of today he isn’t worth anything in a trade.

honestly Banfield is worth more to other clubs - young lists would benefit from his time in the system and relative experience, and he’d be decent depth for a contender.

It’s tiring though.
Sack Jl and replace him with who? Do that and the players look elsewhere.
Brayshaw would then have played under 3 coaches, only played 107 games so far.

Just like under Ross in 2016 onwards, the assistants suck. Josh Carr to Joel Corey and it’s a different set up.
Most of all, Bell and perhaps Alcock. They should get the heat for stupid decisions.

So true! I'm no JLo fanboi, but this is the truth.
The coach should have heat, but he needs help.
Alcock can GAGF, does nothing and lets Bell control.
I'd keep Bell, but restrict his duties.
He's got too much power obvs

If we win it means * all. Hawks are literally trying to lose matches FFS.

I’ll be judging your hero Banfield and all the other whipping boys, and the coach based on what they serve up in the SCG next weekend, at Optus against Geelong in 2 weeks time and then again the following week against the dees in the MCG. If he kicks 10 goals in those 3 games I’ll change my mind. Anyone filling their boots against the soft kill this weekend should be disregarded

This is a no win game for the coach and the team.
What say you? 🤨

To Be Honest, I think Corey is probably the one that deserves kudos. He has done something different, or tweaked what the mids are doing.
Brayshaw as well looks like a different player than the start of the season

Is this the bump you think it is?

He wanted to Banfield to kick 10 goals in those 3 games, only 8 more to go in the demons game?

I mean, that was a ridiculous KPI to set in the first place. Achieving that consistently would pretty much make Banfield the best forward in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the bump you think it is?

He wanted to Banfield to kick 10 goals in those 3 games, only 8 more to go in the demons game?
Yeh. The issue wasn't so much his requirement that he insisted banners needed kick 10 goals but the tonality of that post and audacity in the way it was delivered.

Somehow any worth banners had in the team or for that matter other whipping boys was they had to prove to him ..lol 😂

I'm sure if banners was quiet in that swans game he would be the first to bring it up based on his post 😉

To Be Honest, I think Corey is probably the one that deserves kudos. He has done something different, or tweaked what the mids are doing.
Brayshaw as well looks like a different player than the start of the season
Whether it’s by design or evolution I think these things have changed the midfield

Moving Hughes to defence and injecting Drizzle ✅
Omitting Brodie who was playing a bit too one dimensionally ✅
The competition between Erasmus and Johnson for that opening is lifting their performance ✅
Omeara starting to get some chemistry with Darcy and the other mids ✅
Jackson going beast mode in the guts and around stoppages ✅

Add to those positives that Fyfe is looking very dangerous based on yesterday’s performance and things are on the up ✅

Whether it’s by design or evolution I think these things have changed the midfield

Moving Hughes to defence and injecting Drizzle ✅
Omitting Brodie who was playing a bit too one dimensionally ✅
The competition between Erasmus and Johnson for that opening is lifting their performance ✅
Omeara starting to get some chemistry with Darcy and the other mids ✅
Jackson going beast mode in the guts and around stoppages ✅

Add to those positives that Fyfe is looking very dangerous based on yesterday’s performance and things are on the up ✅
You forgot to mention Banfield :)

I looked at this thread because I thought it was going to be about how today's game with WCE proved just how good our win against The Hawks was :)

You forgot to mention Banfield :)

I looked at this thread because I thought it was going to be about how today's game with WCE proved just how good our win against The Hawks was :)
Bain field ( as I’ve nicknamed him ) is a love hate relationship with me
Love his application , effort and commitment
But his fumbles and brain farts over the years have clouded the good games he has

Really yesterday he was just doing what Schultz does most weeks
I’m not taking anything off him , it was a solid effort.

Bain field ( as I’ve nicknamed him ) is a love hate relationship with me
Love his application , effort and commitment
But his fumbles and brain farts over the years have clouded the good games he has

Really yesterday he was just doing what Schultz does most weeks
I’m not taking anything off him , it was a solid effort.
I blame those brain fades and fumbles on him not being a regular member of the team. I love how the other players now include him. Son Son has been fantastic by including and trusting him.

I blame those brain fades and fumbles on him not being a regular member of the team. I love how the other players now include him. Son Son has been fantastic by including and trusting him.
Watching the game yesterday I seriously teared up at the thought of Sonny leaving the club one day and seeing glimpses of the Fyfe of old .

Sonny would be such a ripper to play alongside. Always having a laugh , taking the piss , encouraging and coaching the boys .
His blocking and work rate is a big reason Amiss is getting hands to it .

My favourite SonSon 😁

Watching the game yesterday I seriously teared up at the thought of Sonny leaving the club one day and seeing glimpses of the Fyfe of old .

Sonny would be such a ripper to play alongside. Always having a laugh , taking the piss , encouraging and coaching the boys .
His blocking and work rate is a big reason Amiss is getting hands to it .

My favourite SonSon 😁
I think he would be the 3rd greatest Docker of all time behind Pavilich and Fyfe respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back