Unofficial Preview Round 8 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The selection of Croz is probably with one eye to the future.

Personally I'd be happy to set aside one spot in the team each week for a youngster to gain experience, similar to the rumoured quota system Geelong put in place to manage their transition after Scott was appointed.

What transittion !!! The have never had a down time !!!

I am happy with Crozier getting another gig - needs a reasonable run of games to be settled and allow an impact. This is his third game hopefully he can translate some more of his hard work into effective delivery and goals when/if he gets the chance. I am sure that RTB feels at some stage soon it should really 'click' for him.

Pav ran the boundary yesterday and didnt do any of heavy stuff.Taberner and Hannath on the plane is making me very nervous:(
I think Barlow said that the senior players like MJ and Pav weren't training this week due to the six day turn around.

that fumble he had when no one chasing him in derby was just pure bad
I've seen balla do similar, and make a similarly poor decision when getting rid of the ball. Croz is no orphan there.

Wouldn't want to make a habit of it though.

Taberner on the plane could just be to get him to use to the travel routine? Cannot possibly play unless named in the extended squad or we cop a fine.

My butterflies have butterflies about this game. Our weakest backline v The fittest team in the comp. :eek:

I don't care if we turn this into a Greco Roman wrestling match. A win would be handy before Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing the game at Adelaide oval compared to AAMI can only help us, it is pretty much a shorter version of Patersons. If we can win it out of the middle we will constrict the life out of them like we do to teams at other narrow grounds

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. I just watched the derby again and our midfield are Elite ! I love seeing Barlow, Mundy and Fyfe in action. If we can play like the 1st and 3rd quarters last week we are every chance

Suddenly after tonight I'm now nervous with the opportunity tomorrow represents. Big chance to get back in touch with the top of the table.

Hard to follow why we have taken 4 emergencies incl 2 talls

I didn't realise that Peel had a Sunday game before. This explains why they have taken advantage of having extras without impacting on the Peel game. Yes they can spring a change but maybe they just took the opportunity to have some coverage for a change in conditions or because a lot of players are getting a touch of flu at the moment.

It's a very important game for Port and they have struggled against Freo, even with Freo missing key players.
I know that if you look at the "last 5 matches" report you'll see a trend of Fremantle winning against Port, but you have to remember that our last few years were so poor that we have a similar record against 80% of the other teams in the competition. We're currently in a 7 game losing streak against the Western Bulldogs.

Last year's game was a solid win for Fremantle, but I wouldn't look beyond that into any kind of trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back