Opinion Round 8 Changes vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason dunstall hasn't got if hold of Harley Balic after that dribble kick last week i hope.

In all seriousness though hope he is ok and be back in the team soon maybe he just has the flu and dont want spreading through the team as they head over east

If it was the flu, I think they would have just come out and said it. If it's homesickness you would think he'd enjoy going back to Melbourne to see his family and friends. IMO it could be mental illness.

If it was the flu, I think they would have just come out and said it. If it's homesickness you would think he'd enjoy going back to Melbourne to see his family and friends. IMO it could be mental illness.
Well that escalated quickly.

What's your PB with diagnosing motor neuron disease / pancreatic cancer / total renal failure?

Where did you read something that made you make that giant leap? All I have seen in articles is 'illness' which is usually what they say for cold/flu.

Where did you read something that made you make that giant leap? All I have seen in articles is 'illness' which is usually what they say for cold/flu.
6pr , hassbly interview mark stone just now , hass/ Karl ask is it granular fever,? stone just said personal don't want to elaborate. Regarding Collins he said he is more of a lock down type , freo currently prefer ibbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the ins really highlight the lack of depth we have on the list atm. Player ready depth that is.

My preference is logue in, however playing as a backman for peel and then being thrown in the foward line for freo seems strange. Likelihood is pearce comes in and hopefully next week we see pearce out and balic back in

As someone that manages my own personal mental illness (depression and anxiety) I'm afforded days/time off work when it's bad. It's rare (maybe once a year) and is very random. But when you feel it, I can't describe what it's like but you just want to be a recluse.

The statistics of mental illness in young adults:

1/6 Australians between 16-24 have anxiety
1/16 Australians between 16-24 have depression

Statistically it wouldn't surprise me if more AFL players miss games managing their illness. I've learned to manage it and aren't afraid to talk about it because I really couldn't care what anyone thinks about it.

If you think I'm a flog for giving my opinion, good for you:thumbsu:

Edit: part of the reason I formed my opinion are the reports of him being homesick and having to deal with injuries for the past two years, topped with the pressures of being an AFL footballer.

7 man bench:
Ethan Hughes, Darcy Tucker, Connor Blakely, Danyle Pearce, Griffin Logue, Tommy Sheridan, Nick Suban

You'd expect Suban, Logue and one of Pearce/Tucker/Sheridan to be the emergencies.

I will go out on a limb and say that Blakely is a certainty to make the final 22.

Glad I could clear that up.

As someone that manages my own personal mental illness (depression and anxiety) I'm afforded days/time off work when it's bad. It's rare (maybe once a year) and is very random. But when you feel it, I can't describe what it's like but you just want to be a recluse.

Statistically it wouldn't surprise me if more AFL players miss games managing their illness. I've learned to manage it and aren't afraid to talk about it because I really couldn't care what anyone thinks about it.

Edit: part of the reason I formed my opinion are the reports of him being homesick and having to deal with injuries for the past two years, topped with the pressures of being an AFL footballer.

Yeah I thought the flog call was a bit too far.

I have a bit of a cough with some congestion due to phlegm,

With my personal experience in this field it sounds to me this is what he is suffering, expect him to bounce back next week

Bloke is finally playing, and playing well even with the pressure of being an AFL footballer.

I'm not saying I'm right, I could be completely wrong however I always used to say I had personal issues and left it at that early on. Now I'm completely comfortable disclosing it to people.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope it's Pearce that comes in and is the only change. Let Logue get a bit more confidence at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back