Opinion Round 8 Changes vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

We obviously don't know what it is till the club/Balic says anything.

It could be something as simple as the flu. You don't want the other side knowing there's a flu hanging around the club cos then they can exploit any lingering effects on players.

lw11 that's really courageous to share your story with us, and I'm glad you're managing it well.

But still, until we know anything, that's just 1 of millions of possibilities of why he's out.

If it was the flu, I think they would have just come out and said it. If it's homesickness you would think he'd enjoy going back to Melbourne to see his family and friends. IMO it could be mental illness.
So tell me Sherlock how does one deduce this from what has been said?

6pr , hassbly interview mark stone just now , hass/ Karl ask is it granular fever,? stone just said personal don't want to elaborate. Regarding Collins he said he is more of a lock down type , freo currently prefer ibbo.

If they don't want to share the issue with Balic that's fine. But was he asked if he'd be back soon/next week? That's all I really want to know.

If they don't want to share the issue with Balic that's fine. But was he asked if he'd be back soon/next week? That's all I really want to know.
I think he don't have the protocol to revieal much.

I think Richmond are pretenders. I think they live on expectation. We live on hope, akin to Rogue One in which the rebellion start to take on the Empire. We will win this match. In my opinion, on paper we are better. The problem I have with the current game is the indiscretions in free kick count. Where and how free kicks are paid. This may sound pedantic, however it could be a game in which we receive the old 8-24 free kick count, with a 5 forward 50 frees to none in favour of the home side. Melbourne are busting for Richmond to continue. I will be interested in the umpiring. If it is equal, I think we will win.

That is my rant, from a Dockers fan enduring decades of umpiring shite at home, and more when away. I know how pathetic this sounds, but take a look at the opening quarter against the Eagles again and tell me it was fair? In fact, the only game I can recall we had positive umpiring was against Essendon just now. We got that rub. It may have been the difference, and I can admit it.

Does anyone know what time of the teams flight to Melbourne on Friday .I'm going to Melbourne for the game and hope to catch up with Sepo and the cheer squad . .
Hey Sepo is there a catch up before the game . I'm definitely going to our Pub after the game so I can catch up with our BF fans .

Does anyone remember when Sandi was out for personal reasons? Sometimes, it is just personal reasons.

Sure, but difference here is they've mentioned illness AND personal reasons. Probably a mistake to do so, but the fact that they have adds a touch of worry and intrigue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying I'm right, I could be completely wrong however I always used to say I had personal issues and left it at that early on. Now I'm completely comfortable disclosing it to people.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope it's Pearce that comes in and is the only change. Let Logue get a bit more confidence at Peel.

I think you might be on to something. The training reporters were saying he was having a poor preseason at one point, even the hip injury and now the illness of a personal nature.

If we are helping him in this adjustment period and remember the second years 'Blues' are a well known 'thing' he may end up a very happy Docker, just like Neale.

You're right, I don't know, I just put my opinion out in a discussion forum. Read my previous post to deduce how I got to the basis of my opinion.
Exactly, this is an opinionated thread. Don't talk down to someone who's contributing to the board in a speculative term and positive manner. I appreciate the insight @Iw11 I personally didn't think about homesickness being a possibility but it could well be the case.

If it was the flu, I think they would have just come out and said it. If it's homesickness you would think he'd enjoy going back to Melbourne to see his family and friends. IMO it could be mental illness.

Omitted: Balic - Mental Illness

Good grief.

Does anyone know what time of the teams flight to Melbourne on Friday .I'm going to Melbourne for the game and hope to catch up with Sepo and the cheer squad . .
Hey Sepo is there a catch up before the game . I'm definitely going to our Pub after the game so I can catch up with our BF fans .
Seppo - Tag him using the @ seppo (without the space)

They are always on the 3.00pm Virgin flight to Melbourne.

I won't be there Coulda, I'll probably in the hospital with my wife 1st born by Sunday!

Good luck to all thise going to the game. Cheer loudly for me.

You're right, I don't know, I just put my opinion out in a discussion forum. Read my previous post to deduce how I got to the basis of my opinion.
Yep fair cop did not see your subsequent post. I too have experience with mental illness so felt it was a leap to go to this on available info. Stay solid and safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back