Opinion Round 8 Changes vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Really not too fussed anymore ,ibbo and spurr stay with freo , the kids still can learn a thing or two playing WAFL better than unused emergency.

Ross asked on 7 if Pearce could come in and Ross replied saying Pearce, Suban and Ryan! played very well on the weekend but we don't have many injury troubles.

Looking like no changes this weekend, maybe Sutty for Ryan?

Collins still no mention though

No changes unless forced for me. Still wanna c dp get a recall still think he's got alot to offer.

Ross asked on 7 if Pearce could come in and Ross replied saying Pearce, Suban and Ryan! played very well on the weekend but we don't have many injury troubles.

Ross is very loyal to his mates. He'll give Suban a run as soon as he possibly can. Also, my theory with Collins...he can't give him a game because it'll mean upsetting his great mate Dawson.

I don't think there'll be any changes this week either. But geez it's going interesting quick with SHill and Ballas due back next week or so, Danyle putting his hand up, Ryan pushing hard from Peel, and almost all of the guys in the Peel back line making the selectors work hard (Logue, Collins, Nyhuis). Reckon the pressure for those in the B22 to perform will be increasing every week now.

They seem to be very excited for ryan, i think we got ourselves a steal, i havent even seen him play yet and im excited.

Ryan is a goer and had a very good start to the VFL season last year, before being injured and I'm sure that is why he dropped to the pick we snared him at.

From Fox Sports:
Luke Ryan 2016 VFL average numbers: Averaged 9.4 intercept possessions per match (No. 1 in the VFL), while he took 41 intercept marks from 10 games. His kicking efficiency of 86 per cent was the highest of anyone in the VFL to average over 15 disposals.

THE most likely — almost the biggest certainty, really — to find an AFL club next year via the VFL is Ryan, who couldn’t have produced a better 2016 campaign. So highly-rated was Ryan that he was invited straight to the national AFL draft combine, but didn’t test as he was recovering from a shoulder injury. After missing out in 2014 (his draft year), Ryan returned to local footy, where he regained the love of the game. And after making Coburg’s list ahead of the 2016 season, Ryan has made the most of every opportunity, named in the back pocket of the VFL team of the year and winning the Fothergill — Round Medal as the most promising young talent in the competition. He’s everything an AFL club wants in a modern-day defender: A great interceptor and overhead mark, a good ball-distributor, great decision-maker and, of course, a strong ability to defend. He could go as early as the second round.

Another article I found:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/a50a6e6bff4bd6ab301ede5a6b94db55

He started PS injured and after a game back suffered a hip injury. He needs a few games for conditioning but I likes what I see already.

I don't think there'll be any changes this week either. But geez it's going interesting quick with SHill and Ballas due back next week or so, Danyle putting his hand up, Ryan pushing hard from Peel, and almost all of the guys in the Peel back line making the selectors work hard (Logue, Collins, Nyhuis). Reckon the pressure for those in the B22 to perform will be increasing every week now.
Didn't you say spurr was terrible? He should be dropped then according to your analysis if he was that bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you say spurr was terrible? He should be dropped then according to your analysis if he was that bad
C'mon, you know I said he had some credits in the bank from earlier in the season and that Ryan probably still needs another game or two at Peel before being considered for selection. When I watched live I thought he had a bad game, but after looking more closely I thought he had a pretty terrible game (it's just my opinion that I backed up with an analysis). I don't think his game the week before (against Le Cras) was much better either tbh. He did his usual good job on Thomas but if you read North's board before that game you'd know how poor his form was coming in to that game. As I said, I hope he is shocked in to improving (we need him to against Richmond) or the selection committee make the hard choice of dropping someone in the leadership group either next week or the week after.

C'mon, you know I said he had some credits in the bank from earlier in the season and that Ryan probably still needs another game or two at Peel before being considered for selection. When I watched live I thought he had a bad game, but after looking more closely I thought he had a pretty terrible game (it's just my opinion that I backed up with an analysis). I don't think his game the week before (against Le Cras) was much better either tbh. He did his usual good job on Thomas but if you read North's board before that game you'd know how poor his form was coming in to that game. As I said, I hope he is shocked in to improving (we need him to against Richmond) or the selection committee make the hard choice of dropping someone in the leadership group either next week or the week after.
Everyone in defense did terrible against west coast the scoreboard tells you that we lost the game by a lot and the whole team is to blame. There isn't much you can do when the midfield of west coast is on top and kicking passes inside 50 with tons of space for the forwards to lead into it wasn't just spurr.

He wasn't even close to BOG. Logue needs to develop his game more.
He is close to BOG in WAFL level , but like you said need to develop further, having Luke Ryan ,Collins ,duman ,Cox and nyhuis do help him be more comfortable.

Do you really think anyone on here really wants your long analysis. As I said in an earlier post Analysis Paralysis.
Do you really think anyone on here wants to read your drivel. How about you do us all a favour and bugger off.

FWIW I like reading other peoples opinions on how the game went and WTG's posts are always a good read.

Funny I don't mind reading other people's opinions and 'long analyses', even if I don't agree with them.

WTF is wrong with you Danny? Grumpy old bastard

So friendly as per usual. Use the ignore button please Danny rather than respond like this to a post that wasn't even directed at you.
That is the most comprehensive shut down I have ever seen. Kudos and stop being a dick to people Danny.

He wasn't even close to BOG. Logue needs to develop his game more.
I get the feeling that he is holding back, after all he is still a teenager, growing into his body, and a bit overawed.
A few preseason's and it will just click, sure he has the tank, just wait till he adds the muscle, confidence.
There are plenty of examples at the club, the latest is Blakey, kid has gone to another level.

So back to this weeks game - I'm more confident of winning this match than any other game this season. I don't know why, we're clearly the underdogs but we have a decent record against the Tigers and I think they're as much pretenders this year as they have been the last 4-5 seasons.

Naturally, playing in front of a larger crowd than the Melbourne game might make an impact, and the Umpiring is almost guaranteed to be a disgrace due to Richmond getting shafted last week (it will be Eagles like) and us getting a good ride.

We will have to make a very good start, I don't think we can implement the whole 'let's play bog average for the first half and be 25 pts down, and then stage miraculous comeback' plan this time. The umpires/crowd/Tigers will ensure we can't make such a comeback.

A 4-5 goal start from Taberner, Kersten, McCarthy and Walters will do just superbly.

Connor - just review this and you'll be ok against Martin this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip fighting is great fun. I am happy to spend a whole round moving and fighting just for position.

Now If Connor could execute a sneaky kosoto gari or osoto gari I would be happy indeed. Even a cheeky Ouchi or Ko uchi - you could hide in the play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back