Toast Round 8 = Collingwood 77-48 Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

An outsider's personal universal rankings after analysing the replay in detail for anyone who cares.
Everyone starts at 0 and goes up incrementally; accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. 10's are rare and not everyone can be a stand out.)

D Moore 7
B Mihocek 7
-
J de Goey 6
W Hoskin-Elliott 6
S Pendlebury 6
T Adams 5
I Quaynor 5
S Sidebottom 5
T Mitchell 5
J Crisp 5
B Maynard 5
B Frampton 5
J Daicos 5
-
N Murphy 4
J Elliott 4
N Daicos 4
J Noble 4
A Johnson 3
M Cox 3
J Ginnivan (s) 3
-
O Markov 1
B McCreery 1
-
B Hill 0

Silly move really. How does the club respond when Toby gets booed this week? Just pretend it didn't happen? Or do we up the ticking off of the fans?

Silly move really. How does the club respond when Toby gets booed this week? Just pretend it didn't happen? Or do we up the ticking off of the fans?

He’s white so like Papley, it’ll mean exactly the same thing, but can’t be perceived as another thing, so it’s ok.

100% didn't read. Chuck the red and white flair up, old boy.

Haha nice one Eddie. Keep crying about COLA and Academies being the reason for past presidents failures to secure multiple flags.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Must admit, l didn't like the booing of Buddy, just like l didn't like the booing of Horne- Francis earlier this year. Not sure why they were booed. Papley got booed too and l can understand this as maybe relating to the non free for the push in the back in the preliminary last year.
Still, l am with Fly, don't like it.
Same here. Seemed there was no logical reason for it and we don't need a repeat of what happened to Goodes. I have no problem with Buddy and don't understand why anyone would want to boo him.

He’s white so like Papley, it’ll mean exactly the same thing, but can’t be perceived as another thing, so it’s ok.
The media will run with it. There will be a lot of tutt tutting, but from a slightly different angle. It'll be the big story from our game. Do we go back to McRae's previous stance, keep this one, dig in deeper or play dumb? I think they needed to stick with the prevous stance.

The media will run with it. There will be a lot of tutt tutting, but from a slightly different angle. It'll be the big story from our game. Do we go back to McRae's previous stance, keep this one, dig in deeper or play dumb? I think they needed to stick with the prevous stance.
What would be even better is if people didn't boo players for seemingly no reason, particularly if the player is one that can tick the box. We cop enough s**t without again being accused of racism. It's not the same as booing Ginnivan - it's obvious why he was booed. It's more like the time Pendles was booed. Why would anyone want to boo Pendles?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game and didn't understand why fans were booing buddy, every Sydney player got booed when they were having a shot for goal and with the way they kicked it might have helped, I have no problem with that booing but the Franklin booing didn't make sense to me, having said that I find it interesting how everything becomes a Collingwood issue, last week it was coaches umpire dissent and articles had a picture of fly with the story, now we have Collingwood being the bad guys for booing, no mention when Jack copped it all the time last year, as mentioned in particular the Sydney game up there. Should be used to it I suppose, we sell papers.

An outsider's personal universal rankings after analysing the replay in detail for anyone who cares.
Everyone starts at 0 and goes up incrementally; accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. 10's are rare and not everyone can be a stand out.)

D Moore 7
B Mihocek 7
-
J de Goey 6
W Hoskin-Elliott 6
S Pendlebury 6
T Adams 5
I Quaynor 5
S Sidebottom 5
T Mitchell 5
J Crisp 5
B Maynard 5
B Frampton 5
J Daicos 5
-
N Murphy 4
J Elliott 4
N Daicos 4
J Noble 4
A Johnson 3
M Cox 3
J Ginnivan (s) 3
-
O Markov 1
B McCreery 1
-
B Hill 0
How many points did Mihocek go up in the last quarter

What would be even better is if people didn't boo players for seemingly no reason, particularly if the player is one that can tick the box. We cop enough s**t without again being accused of racism. It's not the same as booing Ginnivan - it's obvious why he was booed. It's more like the time Pendles was booed. Why would anyone want to boo Pendles?!
Our statement was about booing not racism. McRae was part of a statement about booing. He'll be asked about the booing of the next bloke we boo - Toby Greene - and he'll be expected to match the same stance or get asked about it again in relation to his previous stance.

I think it was silly. He'd previously taken a really good stance that wasn't lecturing, but they're now backed in a corner where they are going to be pressured into lecturing their own fans.

Went from about 3 to 7
I don't really understand your rankings, I know you explained that most players average out to 5 or below but quaynor for example yesterday only getting 5 doesn't make much sense, he was brilliant and 5 is a very average score, there are others but I thought he's a good example

Our statement was about booing not racism. McRae was part of a statement about booing. He'll be asked about the booing of the next bloke we boo - Toby Greene - and he'll be expected to match the same stance or get asked about it again in relation to his previous stance.

I think it was silly. He'd previously taken a really good stance that wasn't lecturing, but they're now backed in a corner where they are going to be pressured into lecturing their own fans.
I wasn't referring to the statement, just the likely media and public response to anything negative that involves an indigenous player. I am sure that no club official wants to be seen to be ignoring booing of an indigenous player, or anyone from an LGBTQIA+ background, not that the AFL seems to have any of them.

McCrae was probably forced by context to act even if he preferred the whole thing be swept under the carpet and hopefully forgotten about. He was probably afraid Lumumba would again assume his pseudo indigenous identity and see it as another opportunity to take a swipe at the club.

IMO - NOT booing Toby Greene (ie ignoring) - would send just as powerful message as booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back