Game Day Round 8 Discussion - Dedicated to all the mums out there

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sucked into getting him too, at least he's making some money but you can't trust him to be a starter on field, he's just bench depth.
Break even is 54. I don’t pay 225k for bloody bench cover. He’s being culled next week.

Certainly no wifi, but now that you mention it, I probably do have internet access through my phone account. I'm just so used to having wifi at home it didn't even occur to me to check. :$
E316BDE1-0B6C-4DC5-8240-537ACCD129A1.gif

Finished on 2258. Won 9/9 League games. Thought I was headed to 2300+ country, but my last two players Brayshaw and Robertson didn’t perform. Went up 3k in the rankings to 10k.

My two trade ins May and Brayshaw will be good longer term. But Week one the SC Gods didn’t want to give me success. I was half expecting it. Too much hype on May, and Brayshaw playing a tough team away from home. So nearly went McCluggage instead of Brayshaw. The cheaper price swayed me.

Sounded like Robertson was tagging. Playing well for his team, but no points. Will probably keep getting games, but I hope his role changes.

Bont my big hero this week. But of the lesser lights Markov, Stephenson, Daniher, CJ, Rowe and Scott did well. Looped Scott and Rowe and they nearly had the same score.

On the chopping block Gulden, Flynn, Warner, Chapman. May go a double downgrade and build the bank again.

Finished on 2258. Won 9/9 League games. Thought I was headed to 2300+ country, but my last two players Brayshaw and Robertson didn’t perform. Went up 3k in the rankings to 10k.

My two trade ins May and Brayshaw will be good longer term. But Week one the SC Gods didn’t want to give me success. I was half expecting it. Too much hype on May, and Brayshaw playing a tough team away from home. So nearly went McCluggage instead of Brayshaw. The cheaper price swayed me.

Sounded like Robertson was tagging. Playing well for his team, but no points. Will probably keep getting games, but I hope his role changes.

Bont my big hero this week. But of the lesser lights Markov, Stephenson, Daniher, CJ, Rowe and Scott did well. Looped Scott and Rowe and they nearly had the same score.

On the chopping block Gulden, Flynn, Warner, Chapman. May go a double downgrade and build the bank again.
Flynn hopefully gets a run soon. If it's this week I might have to keep Chapman as he's my only guaranteed donut

2230 saw me edge up another 168 places to a new season best of 2,324th

No internet access from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday night so had to make trades and set up team totally blind. It worked out okay except it meant I didn't get the chance to notice I had accidentally started McCreery on field instead of making him the E, which was the correct way to loop him. That mistake cost me 52 points and wins in two of my leagues. Ended up winning 3/6 and would have lost my Tragics1 match by 2 points even if I hadn't made that mistake.

Very happy with the week under the circumstances though.
That's how I do it every week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2293 which I’m happy with considering I had Walsh Capt.

Ranking improving after a disastrous start to year.
50,000 - 41,000 - 30,400 - 24,000 - 22,000 - 9k and now 6418.
Gawn, Macrae, Ridley slowing down who I don’t have & Jelly, TT coming good in my team has helped.
Enjoying the season though with a Moneyball team.

Fraud, we don't get enough Scarlett gifs around here anymore.

200.gif

Bit late to the party I know. Finished on 2279 (same as Birchy and Rusty). Ranked 2533 for the round and I reckon the other 2500 scores above me have all been posted here in previous pages.

On exactly the same overall points as HTTYW.

Only won 4/7 league matches despite.

Sometimes having choices is a bad thing. Fielding Dev over Scott cost me 40 points.

Get Cerra back this week and lose Bolton the boxer. Can't believe this sh*t. Just when I got through a weekend without one of my players getting injured, Bolton goes all Mike Tyson on me. FMD.

Rowell, Caldwell, Butters, Dunkley, Cerra and now Bolton. (Along with Helmet spudding it up and getting suspended at the same time).

Got the bones of a good team but not going to get anywhere near a complete team this year with all these injury enforced trades. Not sure what to do about Bolton. Will assess later in the week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back