Round 8 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to downgrade SPP and then upgrade Otten.

But what are the odds Rocky misses 3+ so I trade him. Also Tom J Lynch has a bye this week of course so my cover is only Hannan watch him get dropped.

FML!
What do you reckon Parsons' odds of getting a guernsey are, mate?

All our for a very respectable 2297, won all my leagues and jumped up 3500 spots to 2942 overall so im pretty bloody happy with the lads effort. The only real negative from the weekend was the Rocky injury but atleast it happened and the end of the match and he scored like a ******* champion.

The studs:

Laird, another brilliant game from Lairdy. Its looking like a AA year for him so far.

Adams, another 110+ from the legend. His consistency is top notch.

Nic Newman, well holy ******* s**t what an effort from him today. His JS suddenly looks pretty damn good after today 35 touches of which 18 were kicks, 11 marks and DE at 83% not bad for a bloke in his fifth game. What a bloody superstar and to think horse wasn't going to play him. Also a BE in the - again this week, a wahwah weewah!!!

Rockliff, absolute pearler of a game from Rocky in his TeamHonk debut, chucked the VC on him and he did me proud. Pity about the injury but lets hope its only a 1-2 weeker at most

Neale, The boys going through a nice lite purple patch atm, i love his abiltiy to score big this year off 25 odd touches, he only had 23 today and did kick any goals yet scored 129, the best part about him too is that hes still only in 3.6% of teams. Your all mugs.

Ryder, 2 tons in a row for the big fella. Hes finally getting back to his best which is understandable after a year off. Keep it up thanks Paddy melon.

Heeney, Like Rocky his debut for TeamHonk was bloody awesome. The thing is too as well as hes played you can still see hes not fully fit so when he does i reckon we'll see the odd 150+ am confident he will be a top 6 forward from he on in.

The Duds:

Butler, 36 is not good enough young man, pathetic effort.

Parsons, :rage: ******* disgusting, if hes dropped ill cop a nut this week. Thanks for nothing you pleb.

Selwood, Ahh well atleast he played, Their next 3 games are at Skilled so he'll be fine.

Im glad i scored well this week because im not looking forward to next week with a possible donut if parsons is dropped and Treloar doesnt play. Will have 8 playing defenders but no bench cover in the mids and fwds. Might have to trade dopy dick Pickett out.

All our for a very respectable 2297, won all my leagues and jumped up 3500 spots to 2942 overall so im pretty bloody happy with the lads effort. The only real negative from the weekend was the Rocky injury but atleast it happened and the end of the match and he scored like a ******* champion.

The studs:

Laird, another brilliant game from Lairdy. Its looking like a AA year for him so far.

Adams, another 110+ from the legend. His consistency is top notch.

Nic Newman, well holy ******* s**t what an effort from him today. His JS suddenly looks pretty damn good after today 35 touches of which 18 were kicks, 11 marks and DE at 83% not bad for a bloke in his fifth game. What a bloody superstar and to think horse wasn't going to play him. Also a BE in the - again this week, a wahwah weewah!!!

Rockliff, absolute pearler of a game from Rocky in his TeamHonk debut, chucked the VC on him and he did me proud. Pity about the injury but lets hope its only a 1-2 weeker at most

Neale, The boys going through a nice lite purple patch atm, i love his abiltiy to score big this year off 25 odd touches, he only had 23 today and did kick any goals yet scored 129, the best part about him too is that hes still only in 3.6% of teams. Your all mugs.

Ryder, 2 tons in a row for the big fella. Hes finally getting back to his best which is understandable after a year off. Keep it up thanks Paddy melon.

Heeney, Like Rocky his debut for TeamHonk was bloody awesome. The thing is too as well as hes played you can still see hes not fully fit so when he does i reckon we'll see the odd 150+ am confident he will be a top 6 forward from he on in.

The Duds:

Butler, 36 is not good enough young man, pathetic effort.

Parsons, :rage: ******* disgusting, if hes dropped ill cop a nut this week. Thanks for nothing you pleb.

Selwood, Ahh well atleast he played, Their next 3 games are at Skilled so he'll be fine.

Im glad i scored well this week because im not looking forward to next week with a possible donut if parsons is dropped and Treloar doesnt play. Will have 8 playing defenders but no bench cover in the mids and fwds. Might have to trade dopy dick Pickett out.
Top score, top write-up. :thumbsu: Was hoping Ryder would stay a little lower thru his bye, he's gone bang too early.

What do you reckon Parsons' odds of getting a guernsey are, mate?

Think Parso could be quite lucky and keep his spot:

1 - His first 2 games were very impressive so we'd be backing him in to produce another game like those.
2 - We dropped Murdoch & Lang this week before him, all who play a similar half Forward sort of role, meaning we clearly rate him highly, plus Murdoch and Lang weren't amazing in VFL so shouldn't return.
3 - The luckiest thing for him is the injuries we have to our pressure forwards. If they were all fit he'd be out of the team for sure. But with McCarthy, Parfitt, Gregson and even Narkle (yet to make senior debut) all injured it means he should keep his spot.

Score: 2048/21
Weekly Ranking: 56853
Overall Ranking: 28277 (24288)
Heroes: Newman, Laird, Zorko (C), John Longmire for bringing in Newman.
Villains: Shaw, Pendlebury, Dahlhaus, myself for failing to set up a Stewart/EVW loophole, John Longmire for leaving Florent out giving me a doughnut for the second week running.
Trades Made: Hampton and Parfitt to Mutimer and Yeo
Trades Planned: SPP to Myers
Trades Left: 23

Trades: 7/10 I brought in a couple of valuable Round 12 bye players and the keeper delivered on debut.

Defence: 8.5/10

We have a new top scorer for the season in Sensationally Poor, with Nic Newman's glorious 151 eclipsing Scott Pendlebury's 149 back in Round 6. He was supported by the usual suspects in Taylor Adams and Rory Laird; Jarrod Berry has been slowly working his way into form, and he chipped in with a very handy 71. Ed Vickers-Willis kick-started his cash generation with a 79; poor coaching on my part meant that I didn't even use M. Hibberd to loophole Stewart into EVW, and losing out on 33 points. Taking Heath Shaw over Sam Docherty at the start of the season continues to bite; scoring history didn't beat the new kid on the block this time.

Midfield: 5.5/10

Dayne Zorko returned to form with the task of captaincy resting on his shoulders after Marcus Bontempelli finished with a Bradman after being handed the Vice Captaincy. The rest of the midfield chugged along; no real standouts and they were missing both Treloar and Beams. Playing Fisher over Mutimer's 53 lost me 14 points, but I wanted the emergency to be safe in case Pendlebury was a late scratching. As it was Pendlebury was below par once again. Dangerfield was okay as a midfielder, but not up there as a Captaincy option. Fyfe also added a Don, scaling dropping him below 100, and Barrett and SPP delivered reasonable rookie scores.

Rucks: 7/10

Decent scoring from Sandilands and Witts.

Fowards: 6.5/10

Yeo stormed back in the second half to deliver a debut ton. JJK missed 3 set shots in the space of a few minutes to miss out on a big score; Macrae continues to be very reliable and Dahlhaus had a downer, whilst Nankervis replicated Yeo's heroics to push himself to a decent score, but Florent's late scratching meant another doughnut for the forward line for the second week running.

Overall: 7/10

Comments:

My ranking is in free-fall, but I'm still hopeful that I can turn it around and push for a personal ranking best; the question is how best to go about that. Unless team selections are kind, I might be looking at either having to grab a rookie early or upgrading pretty close to the byes. Sam Docherty is my main target, but with his Round 11 bye I can't afford to get him before that; and Gary Ablett is a tantalizing prospect leading into the byes, but structural consideration means that I have to weigh up the wisdom of trying to upgrade next week. In the short term 3 rookies are playing in Defence, 1 in the Midfield and 1 up forward. If selections are kind, then the % play would probably be SPP-Myers and leave it at that for the time being.

Last edited:
After back to back sub 1900 weeks this week was a very satisfying
with Newman on the bench so if not for Horselips could have had 2360odd.
Bringing in Heeney and Yeo this week was cherry on top!
Had 13 tons of which 5 were over 120 and 2 90s as well as doc as vc.
This means my remaining 7 , inc 3 premos, contributed about 430 points. :mad:
Going to be a long week on the track this week for my team as some campainers are letting the team down. Bring your running shoes and mouthgards!

Score: 2048/21
Weekly Ranking: 56853
Overall Ranking: 28277 (24288)
Heroes: Newman, Laird, Zorko (C), John Longmire for bringing in Newman.
Villains: Shaw, Pendlebury, Dahlhaus, myself for failing to set up a Stewart/EVW loophole, John Longmire for leaving Florent out giving me a doughnut for the second week running.
Trades Made: Hampton and Parfitt to Mutimer and Yeo
Trades Planned: SPP to Myers
Trades Left: 23

Trades: 7/10 I brought in a couple of valuable Round 12 bye players and the keeper delivered on debut.

Defence: 8.5/10

We have a new top scorer for the season in Sensationally Poor, with Nic Newman's glorious 151 eclipsing Scott Pendlebury's 149 back in Round 6. He was supported by the usual suspects in Taylor Adams and Rory Laird; Jarrod Berry has been slowly working his way into form, and he chipped in with a very handy 71. Ed Vickers-Willis kick-started his cash generation with a 79; poor coaching on my part meant that I didn't even use M. Hibberd to loophole Stewart into EVW, and losing out on 33 points. Taking Heath Shaw over Sam Docherty at the start of the season continues to bite; scoring history didn't beat the new kid on the block this time.

Midfield: 5.5/10

Dayne Zorko returned to form with the task of captaincy resting on his shoulders after Marcus Bontempelli finished with a Bradman after being handed the Vice Captaincy. The rest of the midfield chugged along; no real standouts and they were missing both Treloar and Beams. Playing Fisher over Mutimer's 53 lost me 14 points, but I wanted the emergency to be safe in case Pendlebury was a late scratching. As it was Pendlebury was below par once again. Dangerfield was okay as a midfielder, but not up there as a Captaincy option. Fyfe also added a Don, scaling dropping him below 100, and Barrett and SPP delivered reasonable rookie scores.

Rucks: 7/10

Decent scoring from Sandilands and Witts.

Fowards: 6.5/10

Yeo stormed back in the second half to deliver a debut ton. JJK missed 3 set shots in the space of a few minutes to miss out on a big score; Macrae continues to be very reliable and Dahlhaus had a downer, whilst Nankervis replicated Yeo's heroics to push himself to a decent score, but Florent's late scratching meant another doughnut for the forward line for the second week running.

Overall: 7/10

Comments:

My ranking is in free-fall, but I'm still hopeful that I can turn it around and push for a personal ranking best; the question is how best to go about that. Unless team selections are kind, I might be looking at either having to grab a rookie early or upgrading pretty close to the byes. Sam Docherty is my main target, but with his Round 11 bye I can't afford to get him before that; and Gary Ablett is a tantalizing prospect leading into the byes, but structural consideration means that I have to weigh up the wisdom of trying to upgrade next week. In the short term 3 rookies are playing in Defence, 1 in the Midfield and 1 up forward. If selections are kind, then the % play would probably be SPP-Myers and leave it at that for the time being.
Have I stumbled into the Supercoach Scores forum?
haha well done great summary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would've thought Newman would be the top scorer of the round. 260 to 322k just like that. He's a keeper now

Hope he's a keeper.

Means I only have to upgrade Marchbank up back now. :thumbsu:

Doc, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Newman, Marchbank (Hampton, Stewart)

Toppling down the rankings...

6f7e6e540e6682efb12dc5131c01c5ea.jpg

Sticking to my guns and holding trades, will hopefully make up some ground during the byes.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So many juicy options in the midfield Selwood, Martin, especially rnd 12 bye, crippa merrett

You forgot JPK.

I'm actually thinking about grabbing Dusty and JPK/Selwood this week.

Rocky > Dusty
Otten > JPK/Selwood via Adams DPP

Danger, Pendles, JPK/Selwood, Dusty, Bont, Mitchell, Fyfe, Barrett (Myers, Fisher, Hibberd)

Maybe I should get Dusty and JPK now, hope Selwood has another stinker or 2 (breakeven is 150) and upgrade Barrett to him in 2 weeks time to complete my mids?

Scored 2036 and dropped a couple thousand spots to 37k overall :(

I had 9 scores between 35-70 :eek: :(
Disgusting...

Missed out on Newman's big score because I'm a derp and played Hampton instead of taking Berry's 70 :(

Positive is that I have Beams, Treloar and Greene sitting on my bench. Hopefully regain them all this coming week :)

Scored 2036 and dropped a couple thousand spots to 37k overall :(

I had 9 scores between 35-70 :eek: :(
Disgusting...

Missed out on Newman's big score because I'm a derp and played Hampton instead of taking Berry's 70 :(

Positive is that I have Beams, Treloar and Greene sitting on my bench. Hopefully regain them all this coming week :)
Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back