VFL Round 8 - Footscray vs Collingwood at Whitten Oval (Pies WON 95-63! #DogsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win coming up. Marred by injuries to McLarty and Sier
The very 2 players most likely to be considered for senior selection get injured. This is just so typical of our injury record. Couldn't be anyone else that succumbed to a tear, strain or niggle. It had to be McLarty and Sier. Of course, Sier has a history of missing large chunks of seasons, so I expect something reasonably serious has occurred in his case.

I

Jesus Christ, what are you waffling on about?!
You said he was kept in the seconds too long (which clearly isn't the case considering this was his first consecutive group of games without injury since he came to club, and now he's injured again...) and now he'll have to reset, as if implying if he'd played seniors this wouldn't have happened.
We would've been much better off having him get injured mid way through a senior's game you reckon?
FMD I implied nothing of the sort - anyway - ignored

The very 2 players most likely to be considered for senior selection get injured. This is just so typical of our injury record. Couldn't be anyone else that succumbed to a tear, strain or niggle. It had to be McLarty and Sier. Of course, Sier has a history of missing large chunks of seasons, so I expect something reasonably serious has occurred in his case.

Get about 3 Injures per weekend

8 goal last qtr by the Pies.

Final score
9.9. 63

...and across town the Tigers VFL side banged home 10 in the last qtr
Sets up an intriguing contest next week - ladder leaders, Hellier's 100th, Victoria Park...

Looking forward to it.

Fantastic win. Looking at the team's I thought we'd struggle to contain them let alone win. Hopefully nothing major with Sier and McLarty.

Tigers should start heavy favourites you’d think. Their injury list is still amazing while ours continues to grow.
I hope our injuries don't take the shine off the game

Have not seen Sam Murray’s name pop up in here; anyone know how he went?

Have not seen Sam Murray’s name pop up in here; anyone know how he went?
Not good enough to warrant a recall. He was decent but didn't stand out. Turned it over a few times which was a bit frustrating to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have any info on what the injury concerns are with McLarty and Sier?

What a great comeback win, by the sounds of it! Well done VFL Pies, and thanks to all the BF folks giving live updates!
Not sure of their issues except they happened in the 2nd quarter.
Sier did some run throughs but didn't come back. McLarty tried to play in the 3rd but eventually he stayed off too

Hopefully it’s just tight hammies or a corky to Sier and McClarty and we’re being conservative pulling them off the ground.

Great effort to pinch our first effort at Whitten oval 2 men down and behind at 3qt.

Last night and now this, plus the sun is shining. I’m gonna be smiling all weekend :)

Thank god we’ve got Mayne stepping up to elite level to help plug the gaps! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back