Preview Round 8 - Freo v Richmond MCG Sunday 1.10pm (11.10am wst)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
The Dockers head to the glorious stadium that is the MCG for a fierce Mothers Day battle this Sunday the 14th of May.

The 14th of May has seen mothers give birth to some extremely important people that have shaped all of our lives.
lucas-e-il-droide-751103_tn.jpg

George Lucas was born on this day in 1944 and went on to create the Star Wars and Indiana Jones universes, before changing all his good work, ruining them, and then selling it to Disney.

40 years later, in 1984, no one could have imagined the influential people born that day.

gzcifut4c2xah95x0ewd.jpg

Mark Zuckerberg, creator of Facebook, who has allowed us all to pretend to have hundreds of friends, and stay connected to people from school that we've never spoken a word to.

Gary_Ablett_Brownlow.jpg

In football, God's wife gave birth to the GOAT. Dual Brownlow medalist and 5 times MVP Gary Ablett Jr.

Browne_head246x316.jpg

Closer to home, Andrew Browne was born and would go on to play 29 fabulous games for the Fremantle Dockers!

And little did he know, that same day, in the same city, in the same hospital (for reals yo) your favourite Big Footy moderator, Allikat would also be brought into the world!

So now that I've spoken enough about me, lets look at the game this weekend. We'll be hoping to top our efforts on this date 2016 when we travelled to a chilly freezing cold (trust me I was there) game in Tasmania to get slaughtered by the Hawks in Tendai Mzungu's 100th game.

But that was 2016, and now we have a younger, more skillful, and more winning team to face the Tigers this Sunday!

Fremantle have apparently come out of their last game with a clean bill of health so could go in unchanged. A major boost for the side is the emergence of future Coleman Medalist Matt Taberner in our fresh new forward line.

We have a swag of youngsters showing just how good the future of Fremantle is looking, in particular Lachie Neale who's celebrating his 100th game! He really came into his own as a superman of the game during our 2016 win against Richmond by using Jack Riewoldt as a cape.

lachie.png

Another memorable moment from that game was brought to us by Richmond's own super star Dustin Martin. Who could forget his attempts to win the game for us that day:

Last times we met:

R9, 2016, Richmond 11.17 (83) d Fremantle 6.9 (45) at Domain Stadium
R17, 2015, Fremantle 12.10 (82) d Richmond 10.18 (78) at the MCG
R10, 2015, Richmond 15.7 (97) d Fremantle 10.10 (70) at Domain Stadium
R13, 2014, Fremantle 16.9 (105) d Richmond 12.13 (85) at the MCG

The last 4 times the teams have played, the away team has won. Fremantle are the away team this Sunday so scientifically, they will win! Dockers for a Mothers Day/ Birthday/ MCG win by 19 points.

Happy birthday for Sunday Allikat .
Cant see us winning this, no matter how much mum might want them too.
That said we've proven to be ultra resilient this year and i cant see why this week will be sny different. If the feral cats start to turn on each other as they often do, our relentless pressure may prove to be too much.
Tigers should win but we'll give it a good shake. My betting money will stay in my pocket this week.

Don't often pop over to opposition boards but glad I did. Great preview!! Happy birthday for Sunday Allikat! Hope we fill it with misery and pestilence, hahaha!!!! We've had a lot of interesting games over your history, weather forecast is good and we're both a bit hard to read at the moment so it may be another good one! Would love to predict a big Tiger win but I reckon we're both in a similar position ... terrible seasons last year but enough talent on board to believe it was an aberration and slightly unpredictable starts to this year. MCG doesn't scare your guys like it does your cross town rivals :D
Any Perth fans coming over for the game?

Isn't the game at 11:10 Perth time?
Oops. Fixed! Thanks Wal.

I should've added this one as well, but the Freo site's put it up for me! I had to rush & post the thread because I had to go make the banner for Sunday

LOL Martin's deliberate!!! That was the most obvious deliberate rushed I've ever seen

I love playing Richmond because there are always so many lol moments between us. My personal favourite after the Mundy winner of course, is the birth of KFC boy.

Nice preview. Think we'll get done over pretty good here. Richmond bring good pressure around the contest and if there is one thing our young team doesn't cope well with yet its pressure.
Still I hope we can start well like we did against Melbourne at the G and if we can then anything is possible!

We are 4 and 1 in the last 5 rounds and that's with the aim of bleeding the youth. I don't expect to win but think know we have the capacity to run the game out. If our forwards gel well together like last week you never know
I agree. First few games we got the balance right in the midfield, last week looked like we have the balance right in the forward line now we just need to get the right mix in defence and stick to it (with minimal changes based on injury and form) for the rest of the season. I've been impressed with our ability to score this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice preview. Think we'll get done over pretty good here. Richmond bring good pressure around the contest and if there is one thing our young team doesn't cope well with yet its pressure.

Yeah I'm normally pretty optimistic, but I reckon we're going to get done by 10 goals or so.

LOL Martin's deliberate!!! That was the most obvious deliberate rushed I've ever seen

I love playing Richmond because there are always so many lol moments between us. My personal favourite after the Mundy winner of course, is the birth of KFC boy.
Lol. Agreed, Loved that game in 2012 when Ballantyne got the sealer and Pav had another brilliant performance kicking 6 of our 12 goals. Still remember the score line.... Freo 12.6.78 to 9.12.66. Tigers vs Freo at the MCG has provided many historical memories.

But there was one Famous Memory we should never forget. April 1st 1995 was Freos 1st ever Official game of the AFL. Our opponent? yep it was Richmond at the MCG.

Oh and by the way this bloke was born on that day....

02c58a5840988a9dd836b3d4d3a57393

Lol. Agreed, Loved that game in 2012 when Ballantyne got the sealer and Pav had another brilliant performance kicking 6 of our 12 goals. Still remember the score line.... Freo 12.6.78 to 9.12.66. Tigers vs Freo at the MCG has provided many historical memories.

But there was one Famous Memory we should never forget. April 1st 1995 was Freos 1st ever Official game of the AFL. Our opponent? yep it was Richmond at the MCG.

Oh and by the way this bloke was born on that day....

02c58a5840988a9dd836b3d4d3a57393
That crop makes him look like a special kid trying to wave :drunk:

Hopefully see sonny in the middle again and show some more good signs With his elite skills. Will be interesting to see if blakely goes to Martin. How our tall timber does against a relatively smaller tigers defense. Sandi to dominate and give us first use of the footy. Hopefully hamling can nullify reiwoldt

Does Ross give grey the defensive forward role on Houli ? I think greys pressure against the rebounding defender is essential with our tall forwardline if to ball comes to ground

Was a fun preview to read Allikat
I had forgotten about that Dusty deliberate handball, it's pretty funny to watch though, massive brain fade, that was a terrible option to take.
Also laughed at the Riewoldt cape photo.

I think we might win this by under 15 points, but Freo are better than expected, and a hell of a lot better than West Coast at the MCG. I'm going to the game so I am just hoping for a good contest and good weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back