Preview Round 8 - Freo v Richmond MCG Sunday 1.10pm (11.10am wst)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute joke that this game is delayed in WA.

We literally have 2 teams in this town that need to be live on FTA, hell if the home game isn't a sellout then we only need 1 game live on FTA and yet they can't manage it, next 5 years are going to suck balls. Home games understandable especially when the new stadium comes to get us to go to the footy, away games should never be delayed especially if you have to get on a f#$king plane to attend.
Is it delayed again? What time? So frustrating. Time to whip out my live pass again and watch some pixels

You are forgetting Silvagni being pantsed by Walker and Kennedy.

He was no McPharlin thats true but he was still better than Dawson.

I remember one heck of a lot of revisionism when people said Dawson never had a bag kicked on him when the opposite was true.

Sure SCOS never won every contest but no player ever does

Wasn't intending on watching this live anyway. These kinds of games where you know we're just going to get lined up by the umps and reamed four ways from Sunday, I tend to just record and watch on a delay so there's less emotional investment and less impact on my blood pressure.

******* hate getting old.....and also losing.

If you are Collins do you look around and ask why am i not even getting a look in? Must be frustrating. I know there is obviously something he has to work on but it must be a bit disheartening not being looked at every week when you are in some good form in the 2s while other blokes play one game and are straight back into contention. Not a rant, just a little confused.

Horses for courses.

Balic out, needs to be replaced by similar

Collins needs to play as one of the 3 "tall" backs.

Horses for courses.

Balic out, needs to be replaced by similar

Collins needs to play as one of the 3 "tall" backs.
Yeah i understand that, it's more the not being rewarded with an emg spot or not even being talked about when you are playing solid footy in the 2s, where a few of the other guys can play an average game for Peel and walk right back into an extended bench. Just an interesting situation given he played some pretty good footy for us last year.

I remember one heck of a lot of revisionism when people said Dawson never had a bag kicked on him when the opposite was true.

Silvagni is a great footballer but was injured for most of the 7 years he was with us. It's not like he was languishing in the WAFL. He averaged only 5 WAFL games a year over 7 years.

And before you start raving about how good he's been for Carlton, he's only played 2 games for them.

In the first year of a 4 year rebuild, why would you keep a 29 year old who has only ever been fit for half the season on your list?

You are forgetting Silvagni being pantsed by Walker and Kennedy.
Pretty much every defender has been pansted by Kennedy. You're forgetting Hamling's been pansted by him twice this year already. Silvagni has done a good job on Buddy on more than one occasion. Letting SCOS go because of his age makes a bit of sense, but he was definitely under appreciated by Ross. Gerard Healy has said many times 'this bloke would be a certain starter at most teams', even he was confused why SCOS couldn't get more games.

Silvagni is a great footballer but was injured for most of the 7 years he was with us. It's not like he was languishing in the WAFL. He averaged only 5 WAFL games a year over 7 years.

And before you start raving about how good he's been for Carlton, he's only played 2 games for them.

In the first year of a 4 year rebuild, why would you keep a 29 year old who has only ever been fit for half the season on your list?

29 years old. It was a great move to delist him, and a few more players will follow him out the door this year as well.

I like silvagni but imagine the melt if somebody injured (Johnson,hamling) and the backline back to Dawson and silvagni . that is not a rebuild at all .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

29 years old. It was a great move to delist him, and a few more players will follow him out the door this year as well.

The same age as Ibbotson and Spurr now, if we truly are rebuilding then it's not too likely they'll both be part of our flag assault in a few years time.

What a prime opportunity to get games and experience in someone like Collins, who go realistically have 50+ games under his belt when we're performing at a very high level again.

Disagree,Silvagni was average in a lot of the games he played.I still remember the Adelaide final . Silvagni was embarrassed by Walker. Also a derby where he was creamed by Kennedy. Think he was rubbed out in that game as well. Dawson's record on big forwards is much better than Silvagni's. Its rubbish to suggest Dawson was selected over Silvagni because of favouritism . Dawson was more effective .

Pretty much every defender has been pansted by Kennedy. You're forgetting Hamling's been pansted by him twice this year already. Silvagni has done a good job on Buddy on more than one occasion. Letting SCOS go because of his age makes a bit of sense, but he was definitely under appreciated by Ross. Gerard Healy has said many times 'this bloke would be a certain starter at most teams', even he was confused why SCOS couldn't get more games.

Dawson did a better job than Silvagni. Silvagni was embarrassing in that final in Adelaide. Dawson played well on Kennedy and Walker. Was brilliant in the Geelong final.

Dawson did a better job than Silvagni. Silvagni was embarrassing in that final in Adelaide. Dawson played well on Kennedy and Walker. Was brilliant in the Geelong final.
Those games were years ago, Dawson was decent but he's finished at AFL level now. Not worried that much about Silvagni going but he would have been better on the list now than Dawson.

Sport imitating art?

An AFL team in rebuild mode closely resembles a 'Logan's Run' world. You're useful at 29 and a dead duck at 30.

Jenny Agutter was hot in that movie. Can't watch her in 'Call the Midwife' for fear of being struck down for having impure thoughts. Also because I can't stand 'Call the Midwife'.

Last edited:
Those games were years ago, Dawson was decent but he's finished at AFL level now. Not worried that much about Silvagni going but he would have been better on the list now than Dawson.

I can't remember a decent recent Silvagni game for Freo. They are both goneski, I don't really know why we are discussing it.

I can't remember a decent recent Silvagni game for Freo. They are both goneski, I don't really know why we are discussing it.
+1 we needed to move on from both. Dawson should have been on one year contracts and have retired at the end of last year. I still would have moved on Silvagni as well. I don't get why the coaches are so resistant to giving Collins a shot. It's not like our current defence has amazing ball movement. We've just flipped 'kick it Pav' to 'get Weller to kick it'.

I wonder if the words Lyon used to describe Taberner, along the lines of sometimes players get opportunity before they are ready and it stifles their development, also apply to Collins.

Sam has the better part of ten years left to play AFL football.

Well I hope so because I think he has earnt his call up.

The few times I saw him live at Subi last year left me impressed. His size and strength is something our side needs down back.

Sport imitating art?

An AFL team in rebuild mode closely resembles a 'Logan's Run' world. You're useful at 29 and a dead duck at 30.

Jenny Agutter was hot in that movie. Can't watch her in 'Call the Midwife' for fear of being struck down for having impure thoughts. Also because I can't stand 'Call the Midwife'.
The same age as Ibbotson and Spurr now, if we truly are rebuilding then it's not too likely they'll both be part of our flag assault in a few years time.

What a prime opportunity to get games and experience in someone like Collins, who go realistically have 50+ games under his belt when we're performing at a very high level again.

Ibbotson should be gone at the end of year, with Dawson, Griffin, Suban and a few others I have missed.

Johnson may get 1 more year if his body holds up.

D Pearce, Spurr will be gone the year after as they are contracted.

Lets not kid our self, Silvagni was a C graders who had good days. He did not set the world on fire, and is not a better player than Collins who can not get a game.

Also, Collins is a KPD stopper and we currently have Hamling playing that role. I do not want too very limited player in our team.

+1 we needed to move on from both. Dawson should have been on one year contracts and have retired at the end of last year. I still would have moved on Silvagni as well. I don't get why the coaches are so resistant to giving Collins a shot. It's not like our current defence has amazing ball movement. We've just flipped 'kick it Pav' to 'get Weller to kick it'.

Simples. He's a Key defender. We don't need 3 of them in the team. He will take Johnno's spot when injured/retired but he's not fast enough or a good enough kick to demand Ibbo's spot as the 3rd defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back