Preview Round 8 - Freo v Richmond MCG Sunday 1.10pm (11.10am wst)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree,Silvagni was average in a lot of the games he played.I still remember the Adelaide final . Silvagni was embarrassed by Walker. Also a derby where he was creamed by Kennedy. Think he was rubbed out in that game as well. Dawson's record on big forwards is much better than Silvagni's. Its rubbish to suggest Dawson was selected over Silvagni because of favouritism . Dawson was more effective .
'
Yeah, naah. Dawson was never more effective.

SCOS was certainly more injury prone but Dawson was and is extremely limited, slow and a generally poor decision maker. He belongs at Peel where he is making zero impression

Simples. He's a Key defender. We don't need 3 of them in the team. He will take Johnno's spot when injured/retired but he's not fast enough or a good enough kick to demand Ibbo's spot as the 3rd defender.
I'm a massive fan of playing two KPDs and have been saying so on here since I first joined BF. But Logue has also been playing as a KPD when in the team - so we've been playing with 3 up until last week anyway. I think Logue is going to be a gun but as a defender Collins has been far more attacking in the AFL games he has played (last year) than Logue has been (this year). I love shiny new toys as much as the next person but I don't get why Logue deserved his chances ahead of Collins. Nor Dawson in Rds 1 & 2.

Collins has been incredibly consistent at Peel (going back to last year), and more so than any other player on our list. I think integrity at the selection table is important (hence why I want Danyle in for Balic over Suban/Sheridan/Logue). I think not choosing Collins when we could apparently fit Logue in doesn't respect that. And I think the speed and skill thing doesn't compute with what I've seen from most of our defenders in recent games. Weller is the only one willing to run out of defence and some of the kicking from our backline is woeful. I cringe every time one of them has to make a kick out of D50, crossing my fingers it doesn't end up in a turnover. We rely on our mids a lot to get the ball out of defence as it is.

I actually thinking logue for balic if the team is in rebuilding mode.

Richmond have been playing OK as a team, but looking at each individual player, their side looks quite average on paper and nothing to fear. I think they are middle of the pack side, like us. Despite recent results, I think the home team wins.

Get a draw from Fyfe/Blakely vs Martin/Cotchin, and I think we are capable of beating them. Easier said than done. Feels similar to the WC game. One gun down each end, a couple of good mids, and not much else above B/C grade. But look how that game turned out.

Sport imitating art?

An AFL team in rebuild mode closely resembles a 'Logan's Run' world. You're useful at 29 and a dead duck at 30.

Jenny Agutter was hot in that movie. Can't watch her in 'Call the Midwife' for fear of being struck down for having impure thoughts. Also because I can't stand 'Call the Midwife'.

She was even hotter in Werewolf in London

Watching training I think Pearce will be playing the small forward role. At one stage Ross stopped training to let Daniel know that if he is going to be the small forward he needs to be around the ball drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys and Gals watch the game live, AFL offering a one day free membership on "Watch Afl" the promotion is to celebrate the China experiment (Suns Port) but you can watch any of the Sunday games for free.

https://www.watchafl.com.au/join/ch...gn=watch-afl-2017&utm_content=non-subs-r8news

oh crap! sorry! it's only available to overseas viewers! dang! I am on the email list for this promo because I bought it overseas in the past I'll just hide in the corner now

Not totally unhappy with the change - at this stage he's higher value than Suban and Sheridan, and Logue's in a completely different position all together.

The best thing is the bloke's no longer undroppable, a cruddy performance and he's back to the 2nds where he can finish his career with a Sandover medal.

means you need therapy!! joking of course electric.
Ballas back next week too, so Danyle, and others need to perform.

Last edited:
Happy with Pearce in.

His dropping was definitely overdue, but he can play. Now that he's been given a serious reality check, I'd say he has 2-3 really good games in him before he becomes complacent again and slacks off (hopefully more).

We can always drop him in the future. But for now, I think he'll have huge motivation this week and should tear it up.

Sport imitating art?

An AFL team in rebuild mode closely resembles a 'Logan's Run' world. You're useful at 29 and a dead duck at 30.

Jenny Agutter was hot in that movie. Can't watch her in 'Call the Midwife' for fear of being struck down for having impure thoughts. Also because I can't stand 'Call the Midwife'.

Try watching Walkabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back