Preview Round 8 - Freo v Richmond MCG Sunday 1.10pm (11.10am wst)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you want to watch the game live for free download the crownbet app. It has a watch live feature and you dont need to bet to use it. I then screen cast the game from my phone to the tv.

Quality is average but it beats waiting several hours.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
From memory you need to make an account with money in your account, so for the people interested, chuck in a cheeky $5 and enjoy unlimited footy for free.

Does anyone know a good site where i can watch full games relpays oustide australia for free. They were a few chanels 2 years back that manage to do it on youtube bypassing copywrite, but i get that time has passed.

Anyone heard Damien Hardwick's press conference, where he said something along the lines of Freo have reverted back to their old style and are back in form, or something along those lines. I thought it was a very odd thing to say. We are playing nothing like 2013, where we typically add numbers around the ball, don't hold out width and often left out forwards out numbered. Now our wingers often stay wide, we have even numbers forward most of the time and our tackle numbers are one of the lowest in the league. It's bullshit. I wonder if he's trying to influence the umpires, another way of saying "they are back to their old tricks".

Note to players. When Martin predictably goes for the fend-off, grab his arm and pull him down rather than try and tackle his body.
You cant grab his arm. Its a quick extension and pull back. It will be interesting to see who develops a tactic to negate it. I think it involves some anticipation that it will happen, as he extends to fend, slap the the arm away and try to strip the ball with the other hand. Ive played 0 AFL games so I'm probably wrong.

You cant grab his arm. Its a quick extension and pull back. It will be interesting to see who develops a tactic to negate it. I think it involves some anticipation that it will happen, as he extends to fend, slap the the arm away and try to strip the ball with the other hand. Ive played 0 AFL games so I'm probably wrong.

To beat a fend off you need to go low and hard. Attacking his waist is the best way to bring him down rather than trying to grab at his upper body.

Alternatively just do a Walters and steal the ball.

Anyone heard Damien Hardwick's press conference, where he said something along the lines of Freo have reverted back to their old style and are back in form, or something along those lines. I thought it was a very odd thing to say. We are playing nothing like 2013, where we typically add numbers around the ball, don't hold out width and often left out forwards out numbered. Now our wingers often stay wide, we have even numbers forward most of the time and our tackle numbers are one of the lowest in the league. It's bullshit. I wonder if he's trying to influence the umpires, another way of saying "they are back to their old tricks".
Hopefully he lines his team up like our old style then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To beat a fend off you need to go low and hard. Attacking his waist is the best way to bring him down rather than trying to grab at his upper body.

Alternatively just do a Walters and steal the ball.
Sayings Confucius wishes he said, #563:

"When trying to bring down Martin...player who attacks his waist...should lower his eyes."

You mean a Midland handshake?
I'm familiar with that being from the 6056 myself.

Once saw a guy 'borrow' a pavlova from coles by putting it under his shirt. The security guard saw him as he walked out and the guy kept saying "i aint got nothing" as he did that awkward running walk.

About 5 mins after that Adrian "Mad dog" rocks up to buy ciggies. It was an exciting day.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys, just wondering how you rate your chances at the MCG? I saw you beat Melbourne there a few weeks back, and comparing Melbourne's game VS Adelaide in Adelaide and Richmond's game VS Adelaide in Adelaide from a few weeks ago, it would seem that Melbourne is head and shoulders over Richmond. Richmond only beat Melbourne this year because Melbourne were 3 men down and Richmond ran over top. So I'm actually leaning towards Freo to win but Richmond has this knack of falling into lucky situations to win games - Collingwood couldn't kick straight and let them back in it, West Coast it started raining in the 4th and West Coast literally fell to water, and Melbourne had 3 players go off injured allowing Richmond the win. Luck is really falling their way this year. But then we can see them exposed in games like the Adelaide game where they don't have any lucky situations and get belted.

Hey guys, just wondering how you rate your chances at the MCG? I saw you beat Melbourne there a few weeks back, and comparing Melbourne's game VS Adelaide in Adelaide and Richmond's game VS Adelaide in Adelaide from a few weeks ago, it would seem that Melbourne is head and shoulders over Richmond. Richmond only beat Melbourne this year because Melbourne were 3 men down and Richmond ran over top. So I'm actually leaning towards Freo to win but Richmond has this knack of falling into lucky situations to win games - Collingwood couldn't kick straight and let them back in it, West Coast it started raining in the 4th and West Coast literally fell to water, and Melbourne had 3 players go off injured allowing Richmond the win. Luck is really falling their way this year. But then we can see them exposed in games like the Adelaide game where they don't have any lucky situations and get belted.
its pretty hard using exposed form to tip games this year. Clubs seem capable of amazing reversals of form week to week.
I think our kids are capable of some good footy but their skills collapse when the other team brings enough pressure around the contest. I think we got the Dogs, Melbourne and North at the right time and Essendon were flogging us last week but ran out of legs on a hot day.
I expect Richmond to get hold of us at times but they won't have it all their own way. They should win it though if they're serious about playing finals this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back