Preview Round 8. Gold Coast V Port Adelaide. CHINA

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite the opposite actually. I can accept the truth of reality, whilst you choose the blissful ignorance of illusion. Let's just agree we are the epitome of mediocrity.

I hope we can both agree that Koch can find another bunny team for next year
I kind of came around to it this year after being angry about the decision but if we are close to contending for finals next year and the Club pulls this s**t again I'll be furious
I reckon the Club treated it as a "pre-bye" and didn't risk anyone but the outcome was much much poorer than even their worst expectations

Usually I don't engage in melts, so I'll try not to be too pessimistic about this. But this game was a really frustrating one for me.

I fully support the notion of playing a game in China. I think its a brilliant initiative and Port should feel rapt thet they've set this thing up. I think almost any club would have benefited from playing this game alongside them. But ours is not one of them.

We are one of the worst travelling teams in the AFL - we play much better at home than we do interstate.
teamsdiffs.png

This team can't handle trips to Melbourne. Why we thought they would play well after the biggest journey in Footy history is beyond me. I really hope we don't take this opportunity next year.

Good teams don't turn to s**t after 5 minutes. I hope this is the last time this year we play like this. We've actually played decent footy this year outside the GWS game and this one

Good teams don't turn to s**t after 5 minutes. I hope this is the last time this year we play like this. We've actually played decent footy this year outside the GWS game and this one

Both these games the opposition has stopped our run and we simply don't have a back up plan at all , these games are just saying you stop harbs and saady you stop the Suns.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like everything went wrong for us and everything went right for port. Obviously how run and skills were Poor and their pressure was good. But on a luck basis we couldnt even be gifted a goal. I for one will pretend this game never happened after all it didnt happen in Australia.

Rory just a bit of tightness according to Rocket in the presser. But you'd still think he comes back in the 2s so he can build some form. He's the type to need continuity before performing.

I think Lemmens has really turned a corner in the past 3-4 games. He seemed to be the only Suns player not running with heavy legs out there. He suddenly, in the span of only weeks, looks at the level.

That's the only positive I got out of that.

Really disappointing game. None seemed switched on at all.

Good thing for us is that it seems an extremely even year. We might still scrape into the eight even with these bad loses. 3-5 isnt terrible going into the bye, but we really need to win 3 out of our next 4 games to have a chance. The bye might be coming at a good time.

Thankyou guys for doing this and coming along with us. Not a good result for you. For what its worth i follow the Suns. My parents live in Burleigh Heads. You were on a hiding to nothing.........but hey. We were the first team you beat lol. Thankyou guys keep building.

If we ever did make finals. I think what happened today would happen.
The Suns cant get themselfs up for the big games.
Talked the talk all week. No excuses rara full of confidence after last week.
Then to choke badly.
Its sad really.
I dont think the game plan is suited for finals footy needs an element of hardness and grit only swallow shows that every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back