Preview Round 8, GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Saturday 13th May, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? He is truly a country kid. These guys aren't spoilt mumma's boys and they are taught that you have to work hard in life and nothing comes easy.

I reckon he will he sign an extension within a month of the new CBA being announced. He's not likely to cut and run. He'll dig in and fight the opportunity to be starting 22. At this stage he is a 19th-23rd ranked player on our list. Both he and Hopper will re-sign. I don't worry about them at all.
Bit early call Bam Bam out of the best 22 I think. He did present physically this year looking like he was ready to give his best after 2 off seasons . He's still very inexperienced and might have been sent back to the NEAFL to work on issues the coaches identified.
I think he might be in this week.
Edit: Just realised he's another sokdier down. Later in the season then.

Bit early call Bam Bam out of the best 22 I think. He did present physically this year looking like he was ready to give his best after 2 off seasons . He's still very inexperienced and might have been sent back to the NEAFL to work on issues the coaches identified.
I think he might be in this week.
Edit: Just realised he's another sokdier down. Later in the season then.

Not out of our best 22 by much (one solitary spot)

19-23 on our list is a very handy footballer.

I have no idea what this means hahahahaha
It was a red day.
acea884529d00d1841f96f7969606f0f.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookies have us at around $1.20 for this game. I'd never bet for or (shudder) against the Giants but those odds look skinny to me. I guess our best 22 stiĺl looks pretty good but there's going to be a real dearth of potential replacements. I think until the bye at least players will be under pressure to play with niggles and first year guys like Taranto and Loyd will struggle for opportunities for a break.
Guess there's not a lot to be done to avoid the risk of injury and it's just fingers crossed for the next few games.
Every point btween now and then is gold as I see it, and we launch later in the year. Likely we'll take a step back in the short term though.

Bookies have us at around $1.20 for this game. I'd never bet for or (shudder) against the Giants but those odds look skinny to me. I guess our best 22 stiĺl looks pretty good but there's going to be a real dearth of potential replacements. I think until the bye at least players will be under pressure to play with niggles and first year guys like Taranto and Loyd will struggle for opportunities for a break.
Guess there's not a lot to be done to avoid the risk of injury and it's just fingers crossed for the next few games.
Every point btween now and then is gold as I see it, and we launch later in the year. Likely we'll take a step back in the short term though.
We should win this by 12 goals mate, even with our injuries.
Taranto has already won the Rising Star award. He now has the nomination so the gambling houses should just shut up shop, as he ought to be $1.02 to take that out. His place in the team is solidified. Believe that.

We should win this by 12 goals mate, even with our injuries.
Taranto has already won the Rising Star award. He now has the nomination so the gambling houses should just shut up shop, as he ought to be $1.02 to take that out. His place in the team is solidified. Believe that.
Not my point. His talent isn't the issue
Taranto has already been rested for one game and is a first year player. First year players dont usually have the wherewithall to play out the season. Loyd as a mature player with more pre-seasons under his belt I'm not sure. Great if he can step up and at least be an option every week.
I hope we do win easily, I'm a bit over the stress of all these close games. I think the odds are wrong though. I've watched Richmond they're good side, certainly we're better.
Next week against WC in Perth we will have to be at our best and I dont think we will be.

Not my point. His talent isn't the issue
Taranto has already been rested for one game and is a first year player. First year players dont usually have the wherewithall to play out the season. Loyd as a mature player with more pre-seasons under his belt I'm not sure. Great if he can step up and at least be an option every week.
I hope we do win easily, I'm a bit over the stress of all these close games. I think the odds are wrong though. I've watched Richmond they're good side, certainly we're better.
Next week against WC in Perth we will have to be at our best and I dont think we will be.
It's not unheard of for the best of the best first year players to play close to a full season though.

He gets through to the bye and he's had 2 weeks off in 12. The bye comes at a good time for him. I'll back him to be rested one more time closer to the finals. He'll play 19 / 20 games this year.

Back on Richmond...They're toast. That loss that they suffered last week will be the prick in their balloon that is season 2017. They won't be playing finals and the heavy losses will start to mount up. The energy their forward line had early this year has dissipated and Caddy and Prestia are struggling, leaving Cotch to be the first man in again. Dusty is dangerous AF and can (and probably will) hurt us at times, but they are a two-man band. Dusty and Rance cannot win them this game.

It's not unheard of for the best of the best first year players to play close to a full season though.

He gets through to the bye and he's had 2 weeks off in 12. The bye comes at a good time for him. I'll back him to be rested one more time closer to the finals. He'll play 19 / 20 games this year.

Back on Richmond...They're toast. That loss that they suffered last week will be the prick in their balloon that is season 2017. They won't be playing finals and the heavy losses will start to mount up. The energy their forward line had early this year has dissipated and Caddy and Prestia are struggling, leaving Cotch to be the first man in again. Dusty is dangerous AF and can (and probably will) hurt us at times, but they are a two-man band. Dusty and Rance cannot win them this game.
My original point was he will be under a lot of pressure and we need him to handle it. He's done very well but remains a first year player. To win a rising star in a game where he had to run it out was extraordinary.
But a time will come and it's a long way to the bye.

Richmond might collapse but I expect them to play finals. Two clubs that seem to struggle for respect long term on BF are North and Richmond for some reason, and I dont take it seriously.

With Toby back after a short break and Lachie getting back into the swing of things we look ok to me.
But Cogs, Haynes will hurt every week and we will be weakened somewhat.Hopper/Kennedy out mean we will be reaching a fair way into midfield depth. That assumes Corr and Reid play and concussion is unpredictable. Reid probably just guarrantees Loyd a game with Toby back if he doesn't play though.

My original point was he will be under a lot of pressure and we need him to handle it. He's done very well but remains a first year player. To win a rising star in a game where he had to run it out was extraordinary.
But a time will come and it's a long way to the bye.

Richmond might collapse but I expect them to play finals. Two clubs that seem to struggle for respect long term on BF are North and Richmond for some reason, and I dont take it seriously.

With Toby back after a short break and Lachie getting back into the swing of things we look ok to me.
But Cogs, Haynes will hurt every week and we will be weakened somewhat.Hopper/Kennedy out mean we will be reaching a fair way into midfield depth. That assumes Corr and Reid play and concussion is unpredictable. Reid probably just guarrantees Loyd a game with Toby back if he doesn't play though.
I respect the Tigers mate. I just don't fear them. Especially this week.

I respect the Tigers mate. I just don't fear them. Especially this week.
Fair enough, I dont fear them either and expect a win. I think we might be in trouble next week. Would love to go but the Sunday arvo twilight makes it bloidy near impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back