Preview Round 8: GWS Giants vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 08/05/2021 @ 2.10 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully moved to Melbourne!
The clash between the Giants and the Bombers, fixtured for Saturday afternoon, has also been discussed.

If there are more cases on Thursday, Essendon may fly in and fly out on the same day of the game, isolating from the general public.

Under other contingencies, the game could also be moved to Melbourne or Canberra.

A club source at Essendon told The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald that they had been told a change to the venue was “highly unlikely”, but the AFL told them to be prepared.

It won't. It'll be Canberra.
Not necessarily, Giants have Tigers at the G following week so they may decide to keep them here longer as is their thinking with Swans

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It won't. It'll be Canberra.
Depends on positive cases in the next 24 hours or so I suspect.

Melbourne is the worst case scenario. Maybe the AFL will move GWS into a hub situation in Vic/SA if the situation worsens..

One thing we learnt last year is nothing is off the table where Covid is concerned.

Not necessarily, Giants have Tigers at the G following week so they may decide to keep them here longer as is their thinking with Swans
Depends on positive cases in the next 24 hours or so I suspect.

Melbourne is the worst case scenario. Maybe the AFL will move GWS into a hub situation in Vic/SA if the situation worsens..

One thing we learnt last year is nothing is off the table where Covid is concerned.
We play the Giants later in the year, so why wouldn't the AFL swap the fixtures as they have done with Brisbane (twice) and Freo etc.
Because it's the easiest option. This way GWS keep their "home" game, there are no cases in Canberra and it doesn't cause a fixture reshuffle.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Has it officially been moved to Manuka Oval yet?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Timeslot bizarrely changed from 1.45 to 2.10 start?

Timeslot bizarrely changed from 1.45 to 2.10 start?

As Eth said the team is going to fly in and fly out – moving the time slot apparently means we can charter a plane to go there and back on the same day, flying back after the game.

Thought the teams were going back to being announced on Thursdays?
they agreed to it not sure when it's back in probably just before finals knowing the afl haha

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if we take the hit with Bryan given the VFL by this week.

Would love to see Francis in the team for Guelfi to then free Laverde a bit to play smaller (I'd like to see Laverde play on Toby Green but that's not exactly "freeing").

Keep Bryan and it's an improvement on last week as a pretty exciting team for the future. Happy to play Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back