Preview Round 8: GWS Giants vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 08/05/2021 @ 2.10 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we take the hit with Bryan given the VFL by this week.

Would love to see Francis in the team for Guelfi to then free Laverde a bit to play smaller (I'd like to see Laverde play on Toby Green but that's not exactly "freeing").

Keep Bryan and it's an improvement on last week as a pretty exciting team for the future. Happy to play Phillips.
i just worry about mumford snapping him in half like a tooth pick he has gotten the better of ROB and Grundy in recent weeks surely you go Phillips

Another week, more logical changes. Both a bit stiff but definitely understand the Mumford logic and Francis for Guelfi is a balance thing (and Francis is better).

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
Screenshot_20210507-183139_AFL.jpg

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Another week, more logical changes. Both a bit stiff but definitely understand the Mumford logic and Francis for Guelfi is a balance thing (and Francis is better).
Yeah, Guelf a bit stiff but Francis a better fit and we missed his field kicking last week.

Totally understand not playing Bryan.

Haven’t disagreed with team changes once.
I would say just about our best team we could field minus Draper, Shiel and Caldwell?
If you're listing the long term injuries you'd surely still include Hurley.

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought we were pretty good last week all things considered. If they have freshened them up and some senior players decide last week wasn't good enough then we can give GWS a shake at home. Once again just looking for another consistent effort really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back.

Laverde will take Greene, Stewart will take Finlayson or Himmelberg, and Francis will take whichever one Stewart doesn't take.
Sproule will also play forward.

This team is really inconsistent right now. Ham has a game where he looks really good, then goes to being close to being dropped (could have easily been him instead of Guelfi).

I think Guelfi paid the price for his bad kicking. McGrath and Parish's disposal by foot last week was terrible. Can't win games when you can't execute a basic skill. If Dylan Clarke had played in the Carlton game, he wouldn't have been in the worst 3 kicks of that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back