Game Day Round 8 - Inch Perfect Eagles vs. In the Goal Square Magpies - Sunday 27/7, 1:35pm @Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I melted hard in the first quarter.
What did I do wrong?
Please tell my why I have to atone for my (many many salty melty) sins? Were WCE so darn good in the first I had no reason to be melty?

This is not directed to you specifically but you asking is as good a post for me to quote as any.

It’s not that nobody is allowed to melt. It’s not that we have to always say kind things about the team. It’s the fact that we’ve been so spoiled, and time and time again we’ve seen these boys work their asses off and give us a result. Four goals to two (with fifties, with us doing everything to not score sodas, with Pies flushing them from everywhere) is no time to melt. That’s just a normal game of footy - it’s never going to be all on our terms.

It’s the context of it. Being down two goals to a very good Collingwood side is no time to throw the toys out. These guys have shown time and again they’re worth trusting, four quarters is a very long time and a lot can happen.

The willingness by our fans to write the team off, when they put in performances 90% of the comp would take in a heartbeat, is what wears me down. People melt the second they stub their toe. We have people melting in 40 point wins that “the boys were average today”. We’ve been too good for too long that we as a fan base seem to have lost perspective on what good actually is.

Structured and nuanced criticism about what specifically is going wrong
Throwing the toys out of the cot and potting anyone with a pulse, like we’re not the most spoiled fan base in footy

This is not directed to you specifically but you asking is as good a post for me to quote as any.

It’s not that nobody is allowed to melt. It’s not that we have to always say kind things about the team. It’s the fact that we’ve been so spoiled, and time and time again we’ve seen these boys work their asses off and give us a result. Four goals to two (with fifties, with us doing everything to not score sodas, with Pies flushing them from everywhere) is no time to melt. That’s just a normal game of footy - it’s never going to be all on our terms.

It’s the context of it. Being down two goals to a very good Collingwood side is no time to throw the toys out. These guys have shown time and again they’re worth trusting, four quarters is a very long time and a lot can happen.

The willingness by our fans to write the team off, when they put in performances 90% of the comp would take in a heartbeat, is what wears me down. People melt the second they stub their toe. We have people melting in 40 point wins that “the boys were average today”. We’ve been too good for too long that we as a fan base seem to have lost perspective on what good actually is.

Throwing the toys out of the cot and potting anyone with a pulse, like we’re not the most spoiled fan base in footy
Shut up Badge

We’re just not up to it this year

❤️

Nice melt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont want to be negative but Collingwood were missing a few key players today. Good win but probably shouldn't go over the top.

Fair enough, but they still has a lot of quality out there.

I'd rank today as the best H & A performance by us since Round 9, 2018 when we flogged Richmond by 8 goals.

honestly expecting a 5 goal win here. they've been on the road for a few weeks now and having been at the pies/cats game last week both sides seemed to be lacking real intensity until the last quarter. think we'll absorb their best shot in the first half and be too well rested and clinical and run away with it in the second. got a feeling the hubbing vic sides are going to really struggle to find the 4 points against us or the dockers even.

So far this post is winning the crystal ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back