Game Day Round 8 - Inch Perfect Eagles vs. In the Goal Square Magpies - Sunday 27/7, 1:35pm @Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, but they still has a lot of quality out there.

I'd rank today as the best H & A performance by us since Round 9, 2018 when we flogged Richmond by 8 goals.
Personally I rate the win at the G against the Pies in 2018 higher.

Finally watching the replay.

Razor Ray is an extremely unlikable human being and an absolute bellend of an umpire.

Just shut the * up and pay the decisions that are actually there.

I'd rank today as the best H & A performance by us since Round 9, 2018 when we flogged Richmond by 8 goals.
Yep I wrote the exact same in another thread. Disregarding the context of finals I think today and that Richmond game are our two best performances under Simpson.

In terms of enjoyment I would agree. Being down 20 early with the Pies fans up & about made it extra delicious yesterday. As did the simple joy of being back watching live footy again. It was beautiful to watch and the highlight moments just kept on coming.
In terms of how meaningful it was, it'd be silly to ignore the hub factor (and we all acknowledge the effect it had on our team) and the injury factor for Collingwood.
2018 was 2 in-form sides battling for dominance, whereas yesterday was a faster starter that was starting to get the wobbles vs a slow starter that was rediscovering its mojo. So 2018 stays the winner for me. 2018 also had Yeo destroying Dusty as a bonus tie-breaker if needed.

Razor Ray is an extremely unlikable human being and an absolute bellend of an umpire.
Razor is my guilty pleasure. Not really sure why but I enjoy the theatre of him.

He had a great game yesterday, if you ignore the hollywood performance he puts on he is a genuinely good whistleblower.

Razor is my guilty pleasure. Not really sure why but I enjoy the theatre of him.

He had a great game yesterday, if you ignore the hollywood performance he puts on he is a genuinely good whistleblower.
He had a much better game yesterday than last week when he umpired the Cats - Magpies game. I think sometimes he gets a bit bored if he's out of the action for too long and looks for a free kick to pay to satisfy his ego.

He had a much better game yesterday than last week when he umpired the Cats - Magpies game. I think sometimes he gets a bit bored if he's out of the action for too long and looks for a free kick to pay to satisfy his ego.
Yeah, he’s a good ump but I wouldn’t put him in the great category, hence why he never gets the grand final.

Shaun Ryan, Shane McInerney and Brett Rosebery are the best of the best, particularly Rosebury. He’s the ump that didn’t ping the Rioli-Maynard contest in the GF.

Yeah, he’s a good ump but I wouldn’t put him in the great category, hence why he never gets the grand final.

Shaun Ryan, Shane McInerney and Brett Rosebery are the best of the best, particularly Rosebury. He’s the ump that didn’t ping the Rioli-Maynard contest in the GF.
A good umpire is one you don't know is there.

Disagree but whatever floats your boat.

He's a showboating flog who likes to insert himself unnecessarily into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far this post is winning the crystal ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's been our MO for a few years now to absorb, absorb, absorb and then strike back. I feel our poor start to hublife was partly due to not adjusting the rhythm of our game plan to the shortened quarters. Which we seem to have ironed out now.
Also the difficulty of being in a hub and playing host sides has been way undersold by the talkingheads IMO. Will probably become a talking point if us and freo start running a train on incoming teams over the next month or so.

Fingers crossed but does it seem like the surface at Optus has settled and maybe not so hard now.

Probably more that the season has started later when the grass is longer

Most injuries seemed to be early season when the ground is still rock hard from summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back