Game Day Round 8 - Melbourne v Sydney - MCG - Saturday May 8 2021, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than the f50 defensive pressure some of the play has been laughable. Players getting in each other’s way, fighting for the same ball, no one touch pick up and so on.

Both teams have been wasteful but we should be further in front. Trac has had put his butchers coat on tonight. Needs to steady before kicking. That shot at goal was complete adrenalin and that's why he completely sliced it. If I have a ham and Christmas petracca would be my number 1 invite to slice that bad boy up.

Defensive structure looks amazing but butchered some easy shots at goal and forward line is not clicking. There’s been a few times we’ve turned it over and been on a fast break with numbers forward but wasted it.

Oliver’s kicking a real lowlight along with Melksham’s courage.

left them right in it and could easily let this slip from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kinda feels like all our games this year

First quarter is a grind where we look to be holding on

Second quarter we take control but just have a 2-3 goal lead

........we will run out 30+point winners

Bookmark it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The blokes played a dozen games, his first game or 2 back in after a year and a half injured pretty much, at least give him more than a half before writing him off at 22.
I'm sure he'll turn out to be a fine player, but he's not helping us win a flag this year. Original post should've been 'the flag' rather than 'a flag' - implying this year

This kinda feels like all our games this year

First quarter is a grind where we look to be holding on

Second quarter we take control but just have a 2-3 goal lead

........we will run out 30+point winners

Bookmark it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I have bookmarked. Now what?

Yeah there has been some skill errors, and some butchered efforts going forward... Very easy to focus on that stuff when the emotion is up whilst watching..

But I've never seen a Melbourne team defend the ground like this, or inside 50s.

We gave up 3 goals in the first 15 minutes, we worked out how they were playing and adapted. Since then, they've been impotent going forward.

The game style stands up, the effort is there, cohesion isn't bad, different avenues forward.. there is so much more to be positive about than negative here. We need to keep adapting to their niggle off the ball as every team is going to try this going forward. Kossie/gawn/trac kick one or 2 of those goals and it's probably 25 points at half time instead. This is a very comfortable watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back