Game Day Round 8 - Melbourne v Sydney - MCG - Saturday May 8 2021, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at that team in isolation, and there's a few weak/unfit guys in there. Makes me nervous.
I am perpetually nervous.

We’re at the point now that it’s a free hit for every team we play, lose, they are expected to, win is a bonus.

Queue Proper Gander ogod.

I think my Rock is on goof balls.

Have to say this bit. Queue is where you line up for something. Cue is what you are looking for here - where you give a prompt it is a cue, as in the famous conductor with his baton gave a cue to the brass.... etc.

Have to say this bit. Queue is where you line up for something. Cue is what you are looking for here - where you give a prompt it is a cue, as in the famous conductor with his baton gave a cue to the brass.... etc.
So you get a cue to move up the queue? What do you play billiards with when you’re waiting for your next turn? Cue or queue?

So you get a cue to move up the queue? What do you play billiards with when you’re waiting for your next turn? Cue or queue?
In that scenario I think you queue for the cue.

Though I can’t remember a pool game where I had to get in a line for the next turn. But I also can’t remember a pool game where I was playing sober in ten years or more.

Also what is billiards exactly? I know the name from watching decades of BBC dramas about the upper classes. Is it the same as pool? I think it is different but I honestly don’t know

Sorry fam, I’m usually very optimistic in my predictions. Not this time however. Swans just too good.

Hickey uses Gawn as a pool cue to bludgeon young Jacko. Buddy kicks 13.

Swans by ♾️

I am perpetually nervous.

We’re at the point now that it’s a free hit for every team we play, lose, they are expected to, win is a bonus.
Can't help feeling a little nervous right before the games but I feel a little less nervous against good teams. I felt more nervous last week playing North in Hobart just felt like the right weird situation for a complete stuff up. This week against the swans I think we will be switched on knowing we are playing a decent side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billiard
In that scenario I think you queue for the cue.

Though I can’t remember a pool game where I had to get in a line for the next turn. But I also can’t remember a pool game where I was playing sober in ten years or more.

Also what is billiards exactly? I know the name from watching decades of BBC dramas about the upper classes. Is it the same as pool? I think it is different but I honestly don’t know
Traditional billiards is played with three balls only. And the table has no pockets.

Feels like a loss to me this one. Nothing really to base it on, just how I've felt the entire week and still the same feelings on game morning.

I don't think I've ever actually watched us beat the Swans live (missed the 2010 win), how sad is that? Absolute bogey team and am a little worried about tonight, loss not the end of the world though.

Bring the pressure game and I think we should run over the top in the 2nd half. Go good dees!

Our bogey team. They just always seem to have our measure. Heeney out is massive though. He always plays well against us. Rampe is a big in. Will most likely play on Fritta. We're due for a really close game, so I'm predicting a Dees win by 3pts with Trac BOG..

Our bogey team. They just always seem to have our measure. Heeney out is massive though. He always plays well against us. Rampe is a big in. Will most likely play on Fritta. We're due for a really close game, so I'm predicting a Dees win by 3pts with Trac BOG..
Haha not sure if they can be a bogey team when they've been great most of the decade and we've been crap lol.

It’s true.

thommo down, excessive bathwater drinking, midfield tryna get that mix nice with viney out and harmes in. “team balance” is off and everyone trying to pretend it isnt. Dees brand 2021 all “team play get around him!” but its all weird now because we playing our fancy new key forward from kangaroo land but the other guy weed is doing more goal kicking and deserves to be in the team instead lol. melksham is the best. when he does stuff anyway (those pinpoint laser” passes!), but right now he’s not doing any stuff. hasnt for years. connection disconnected. petracca with four possessions to half time, gonna start a thread on the mainboard when that happens: “petracca or beams, worst contract ever? * melbourne!”. i could go on but i gotta get out of bed.

prove me wrong you pricks, prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back