Toast Round 8 = North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And the fans are up in arms saying there were more at the game than reported but AFL are not reporting it as they conspire to get rid of them. Dumb!

People are reporting that they went through the gates without scanning tickets.

Reports are that the crowd was closer to 30K (13-14K North & rest Collingwood)

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he doesn't make it as a forward, he'll be a fantastic prospect as an intercepting defender.

I would love to see a forward line of Cameron/Cox DeGoey Mihocek Henry and McCreery.
looks a lot more dangerous than our current set up, allows Henry and Mihocek to take second and third defenders and has the opposition having to play 2 quality defenders on Jordy and Cameron or Cox.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Completely agree regarding his polish but his heart is huge and he does break lines - someone needs to get in his head about disposal.
To everyone saying Noble is a ball butcher.... He had 30 at 80%. His career DE is 81.5%. That is ELITE.
He is CLEARLY one of our better ball users. If you watch our games and think he's a ball butcher you have issues.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
To everyone saying Noble is a ball butcher.... He had 30 at 80%. His career DE is 81.5%. That is ELITE.
He is CLEARLY one of our better ball users. If you watch our games and think he's a ball butcher you have issues.

Pretty handy really but his kicking efficiency can oscillate a bit. He's averaging 77% this year which is above average and in the top 10 at Collingwood.

People are reporting that they went through the gates without scanning tickets.

Reports are that the crowd was closer to 30K (13-14K North & rest Collingwood)

I find that implausible, around 20% got into the ground without scanning entry? Not a chance. Being at the game myself, 22K would be correct as there were a significant quantity of empty seats on all 3 levels.

File this away as another ludicrous conspiracy theory, right alongside the one about the umpires actively conspiring to stop North’s momentum in the third quarter :rolleyes:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I find that implausible, around 20% got into the ground without scanning entry? Not a chance. Being at the game myself, 22K would be correct as there were a significant quantity of empty seats on all 3 levels.

I never went mate, just reporting from North folks who did, that 22K was a rubbish figure.

There's no doubt numbers are down across the board, and I reckon it has most to do with people who are fed up being dictated too by a sport that no longer really represents them. I mean Collingwood home games with 22K? How do you explain that?

AFL footy has finally hit the wall & people are fed up.

File this away as another ludicrous conspiracy theory, right alongside the one about the umpires actively conspiring to stop North’s momentum in the third quarter :rolleyes:

"Conspire" would be giving their intelligence too much credit.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Yeah I don't know why this kept happening - North didn't seem to do it either and can't have been wet under the roof :think:

For me it’s a microcosm of what’s wrong with the club currently because we just can’t get the fundamentals right sticking tackles, spoiling, use of the body etc.

Congrats on win guys. Anybody go and think there were only 22,500 people there ?
We've been paying there a long time but that was easily 30 +

Cheers.
Being there myself, It did feel a lot more than the official figures.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Pretty handy really but his kicking efficiency can oscillate a bit. He's averaging 77% this year which is above average and in the top 10 at Collingwood.
I just can't fathom how a bunch of posters watched the same game I did and somehow thought he butchered the ball. Of his 30 possessions.. only 6 didn't get to a team mate. That's outstanding and yet here I am reading how he "butchered it". It's just weird.

I just can't fathom how a bunch of posters watched the same game I did and somehow thought he butchered the ball. Of his 30 possessions.. only 6 didn't get to a team mate. That's outstanding and yet here I am reading how he "butchered it". It's just weird.
80% disposal efficiency doesn’t mean 80% went to a teammate. IIRC anything that goes > 40 metres and doesn’t result in the opposition taking an uncontested mark is classed as “efficient” although I could be wrong on that.

GCPie

Senior List
Oct 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The CFC coaching panel really need to watch the replay and see how incompetent most of the players are at simple skills.
North Lost the game as opposed to the Pies winning it.
I cannot recall such 2 poorly skilled teams at AFL level.
The younger guys skills are far better - Quaynor, Daicos, Poulter, Henry etc.,
Grundy is no way worth more than 500K a year for a ruckman.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
80% disposal efficiency doesn’t mean 80% went to a teammate. IIRC anything that goes > 40 metres and doesn’t result in the opposition taking an uncontested mark is classed as “efficient” although I could be wrong on that.
It's a handball to a teammate, a kick under 40 m to a team mate, or a kick over 40 to a 50/50 or better contest.
Any which way his disposal is very good. He gets a lot of ball so it's not like he's Roughead going 100% for 8 either.

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Agree here, watching the games this year Crisp has had a few weeks where he has really butchered it, same as Maynard but guys like Noble seem to cop it for the odd one here and there, same as Grundy, handballs us into trouble at least half a dozen times per game.

DopeMaster

Fair Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it’s cause he had a couple of absolute howlers that tend to stick in peoples minds. I agree that overall his disposal is extremely sound.

Back