Autopsy Round 8 North Melbourne vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody frustrating, because we had plenty of the play and that was our best chance of a win this year. But the lack of structure up forward and basic skill errors cost us.
De Goey the only class forward on either side, was the difference.
Umpiring also hurt, the Zurhaar deliberate call was up there as the single worst call I've ever seen. (Along with Ben Jacobs being penalised holding the ball after getting tripped in the 15 prelim)
Easily Campbell and Menadue's best games for the club, earning their spots now.

That was probably the most frustrating game of footy I've ever watched. For the first time also, it must have been for Noble who didn't look pleased either. This team just has a knack for ******* up the basics and shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again.

And I was bullish about a possible win, and there absolutely was one there and we blew it. Collingwood was not playing that well, they were definitely beatable.

Straight up egregious, I went off at the tv, wife was ready to give me a rocket then I showed her the replay and she couldn’t believe it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was literally a text book contact below the knees free kick. Made contact with jacks shoulder after he cannoned in to make up for the mckay howler. Cannot complain about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably the most frustrating game of footy I've ever watched. For the first time also, it must have been for Noble who didn't look pleased either. This team just has a knack for ******* up the basics and shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again.

And I was bullish about a possible win, and there absolutely was one there and we blew it. Collingwood was not playing that well, they were definitely beatable.
So it's patently clear we are in for a long journey. Several out there tonight will have retired or be delisted over the next 2 years. Forward line is weak. We need to focus on getting in some options in this mid season draft.

i

Was literally a text book contact below the knees free kick. Made contact with jacks shoulder after he cannoned in to make up for the mckay howler. Cannot complain about that

He was at the ball first, Cameron went through with the kick regardless. Kicking in danger if anything

And the non 50 against de goey what a ******* joke. If this was Geelong the media would be foaming at the mouth...******* gutless campaigners

The rebuild has potentially found us some gems under our own noses.

Soups Campbell and Hall were fantastic today. Ben McKay was great, as was Tarryn. Zurhaar had 4 shots on goal (should have been six), and is working harder at least. Larkey I'm concerned about. Mahony kicking a couple will be good for the lad too.

How ducking hilarious will it be when Campbell gets the well deserved contract extension. The ziebull might implode

That surely was kicking in danger to Ziebell in the goal square? I can’t believe the Foxtel commentary thought it was the correct call.
Same umpire paid too high to Josh Thomas when he cannoned into Young’s legs, yet the same umpire officiated the Ziebell incident as contact below the knees.

It’s absolute garbage and these umpires do it all the time. I’ve said it many times, we are a soft target, it’s easy to make these bullshit calls against us and protect their darling teams because they know there will be no uproar.

No one in that stadium other than D Maggots calls the Zurhaar miss kick as deliberate. That’s how ****ed the state of our game is.

More noise needs to made about the 22k reported crowd figure. It is patently underreporting by a significant amount, whether it be Marvel Stadium incompetence or deliberate bullshit from the AFL. This can’t be let slide either way.

Sounded a lot louder than 22k on radio/tv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back