Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Jesus where is this dogs/lions game. Wagered on the dogs assuming they were playing a home game.

Jesus where is this dogs/lions game. Wagered on the dogs assuming they were playing a home game.
The game is in Ballarat, about 1.5 hours drive west of Melbourne. Footscray have played 3 games there so far, the result being 2 losses to Port and 1 win against Gold Coast.

Would have been stupid if the umps had paid it. I’d be embarrassed to win any kind of sporting event for a reason like that. It’s like winning in pool when your opponent sinks the black ball

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did anyone see St Kilda’s last goal that Bruce kicked? An excellent example of transition football from the defence to Bruce at CHF. The overlap was elite. The space used by the defenders and midfielders was brilliant. It was a great example of just using the ground really well and running very hard.

I know GWS on Mother's Day is a **** fixture but that is a shocking crowd at the MCG.
tbh, last week vs Hawthorn and this week should have flipped and been the pink lady like it's been in the past. Seems stupid to have it the weekend prior to mothers day

Not sure it would have fixed the crowd to much tho

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I have to admit it was good to see Roughy in the VFL helping teach his opponent during the game.

Footy is unwatchable this year.
Annoys me that all those *ers in the media with their state of the game vs last year are whisper quiet with footy in a much worse state.

Annoys me that all those ******s in the media with their state of the game vs last year are whisper quiet with footy in a much worse state.
Media doesn't like to admit that it created hysteria over nothing, and caused the AFL to panic rush some new rules due to the "state of the game"

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well said.

Even last year, I regularly watched most games when I was home. I watched about 12 minutes of the Geelong north game and heard derrrwaayyyyne fapping off over Geelong, which added to the constant turnovers, I turned off and watched Netflix.

Thought I'd give hawks vs gws a go... that was a mistake too. And then watching freo and richmond, between listening to that self indulgent prick who tries speaking more intelligent than he actually is, and constant turnovers, I watched about a quarter.

This was always bound to happen when the afl decided to make the game faster, which meant more athletes who ran faster for longer got drafted over actual footballers who can kick a football.

I can't wait to see what backward, crazy rules they implement this coming off-season.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Makes a good case that umpires should be full-time though.

No thanks. At least if umpires have day jobs there's a chance they'll be contributing members of society. There's no way known they should get paid to be useless full-time.

No thanks. At least if umpires have day jobs there's a chance they'll be contributing members of society. There's no way known they should get paid to be useless full-time.
Maybe we could approach hardened criminals with life sentences to do some umpiring.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe we could approach hardened criminals with life sentences to do some umpiring.

I actually think that's a brilliant idea. The problem with the penal system is the amount of recidivism that takes place, but if inmates were forced to take up umpiring I think they'd behave themselves when they're released back into the wild. What's Gil's email address?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The games been heading this way for a decade but nah old TK was just complaing and pining for the past.

Killed off rivalries
Sanitised the game
Sucked the individuality out of players
****ed the rules
Skill level at an all time low
Focus on americanisation
Low scores
There is nothing better about the modern game to watch and it's gonna keep getting worse

They've spent years pissing on the hardcore fans who loved this sport since it began to try and find new fans and appease the worried mothers and children.

Saw this coming years ago when they started down this path and they aren't done yet. Not sure how long it will take but they want this to be non contact one day.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yeah, it is a very ordinary product at the moment. In years gone by I'd not only watch the Dees game, but I'd also watch 2-3-4 of the other games as well, but this year, if Mrs Count wants to watch Real Sociopath's of Timbucktoo, I'm happy to go and play Xbox in the other room.

He's also calling Fantasia - Fan-tah-see-ah ... and it's really jarring.

I find it pretty hard to believe that his last name has been pronounce Fant-Asia for 6 years and it's been wrong.
In Italian, it is actually pronounced "Fan-tah-see-ah". No one bothered to check with Orazio. BT is wrong.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
In Italian, it is actually pronounced "Fan-tah-see-ah". No one bothered to check with Orazio. BT is wrong.
Yeah I didn't know at the time there was a whole lead up to it ... so that's my bad.

Seriously tho, surely at some point he could have mentioned it was pronounced differently than literally EVERYONE was pronouncing it.

Back