Round 8 Pies v North - battle for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Better squad across the park, theyll click eventually and they're due. I'm not sure we have 4 quarters in us to get us over the line.

Happy to stand corrected.

Do they have a a better squad?

We are also due. It’s been a long time between drinks.

We’ve been more than competitive against good teams.

I believe they do, even allowing for a dip in form. We could discuss it for days, but I'm sure we'll never agree. Based on potential in future years, i think were ahead.

But make no mistake about it, I'll be sticking it to my pie brother in Melbourne all week and throughout the game. My Darwin Roo brother will also get stuck in. BTW, I was a Darwin Roo once as well (Parap, Fannie bay, Wagaman)

WOW.

Who would have called this before the season?

Pies in a world of hurt and staring down bottoming out and rebuilding.

North made that decision two seasons ago so is their list ahead of the Pies?

This game on Sat could be a ripper IMO. A hell of a lot of reputations o the line. Pies loss to the Suns at the MCG was not taken well. A loss to North and the heat will double for the Pies.

Could it possibly happen that the Pies traded out their 1st rounder this year and that then eventually becomes pick 1? Well on a positive note no-one can accuse them of tanking for draft picks. :think::thumbsu::drunk:
north only made the decision last year, not 2 seasons ago.

Halfway through last year north may have began bottoming out, but they had 14 players that they delisted/traded and a coach and coaching panel that left or were sacked. this year is year 1 of the rebuild.

A north win would be massive, heads would turn at collingwood, Holden centre burned to the ground. If they play like they did against Melbourne for 3qtrs they'll win. They've just gotta believe that they can win it, get out of the honourable loss mindset and think you can win it.

Somehow people are still overrating North. We are complete sh*t at the moment lads.

in patches North look committed and then they just lose the plot

It's frustrating when it is your club's turn to be at the bottom

This is North's best chance, if the Pies do lose to the Roos, every single person who works for Collingwood will need to run far and run fast because the aftermath will be explosive 24/7....
Geez if Collingwood loses there is no way Buckley lasts more than 48 hours as coach, ditto a swath of others in their positions.

AFL story of the year if it happens.

Collingwood on paper probably have the better squad, but I honestly believe North players have the far better attitude and work ethic over the last month or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t win, and it’s not because we can’t play 4 quarters, it’s the fact we are borderline uncompetitive when we switch off. 20 point lead at the half against the dees on Sunday, 2nd half we come out and only kick 2 goals for the rest of the match. Collingwood would have to be bad, kick for goal poorly and have that carry through from the start until to the end for us to win.

Pies easily imo. We would probably get them if this was played in Tassie.

We can’t win, and it’s not because we can’t play 4 quarters, it’s the fact we are borderline uncompetitive when we switch off. 20 point lead at the half against the dees on Sunday, 2nd half we come out and only kick 2 goals for the rest of the match. Collingwood would have to be bad, kick for goal poorly and have that carry through from the start until to the end for us to win.

Pies foot skills are horrible especially going forward if North bring the heat you will win imo

This is the classic Mockbuster. Massive ghoul factor. Will be good to still be in the game at 3qtr time just to see if the Pies end up shitting themselves and losing. I reckon everyone out there are rubbing their hands with great anticipation what the fallout will be if Collingwood lose.

Collingwood aren't Melbourne though. We put the same scoreboard pressure on Collingwood as we did Melbourne to half time and we may very well be able to grind it out. It probably won't happen, but I can see a genuinely reasonable route to victory for the first time in a while. Wouldn't even have to be a proper four quarter effort, we'd simply have to be just 20% better when the running starts to get hard and our awareness drops.

What's killing us is those 10-20 minute long patches of pure ******* horseshit where we have no movement and get scored against heavily. We had that in the third quarter against Melbourne but actually managed to become competitive again before the quarter ended, which was a genuine improvement on the games prior. We then stayed closish to them in the 4th for a while before we just ran out of legs and lost any belief in coming back.

I usually barrack for whoever plays Collingwood, but not when they play The Kangaroos. Please, Collingwood, PLEASE, turn up and win big.

I think if Collingwood don't put in a decent effort North Melbourne will be all over them. North have played some good patches over the past few weeks. Good halves of football against Geelong and Melbourne, just ran out of tickets against mature sides with plenty to play for. Senior players like Cunnington, Goldstein, Ziebell and Atley are playing some okay footy and leading the way for what is a very raw list below them.

Collingwood have looked lost at sea the past few weeks, the senior players appear to have given up on the season and most of the youth are just as raw as North. Collingwood will only win if their senior players stands up. They might bounce back this week, but it would require a massive shift in attitude from the older group.

At the end of the day I'm always going to tip the team that looks like they're playing for the jumper though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back