Preview Round 8: Showdown 46 (Port vs Crows); Sat 11th May, 7.10pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie has always struggled with Clarko's in your face, elbow in the comics unsociable stuff, he doesn't like any form of close attention, but as has been pointed out we don't have any one on our list with enough mongrel and concentration to carry out that role for 4 qtrs, and he eventually destroys seagulls like DBJ to the tune of at least 3 or 4 goals.
Butters is that small mongrel type but not sure how he’d go in defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So where do our defenders go?

Burton - Walker
Dougal - Himmelberg
Clurey - Lynch
Broadbent - Murphy?

I don't like DBJ on Betts either and I think Broadbent will get exposed for pace against a small. Maybe strength too if Greenwood floats forward.

TeeKray

Mar 1, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie's almost impossible to defend because he gets away with so many holds and pushes that normal players don't get away with. You've basically got to hope that the ball doesn't come near him much or that when it does he himself finds a way to stuff it up.

dav3

Premium Platinum
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie's almost impossible to defend because he gets away with so many holds and pushes that normal players don't get away with. You've basically got to hope that the ball doesn't come near him much or that when it does he himself finds a way to stuff it up.
..... and flops more than Chad and Robbie ever did....... combined.

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
Apr 9, 2009
Port Adelaide Zone
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's ridiculous what he's allowed to get away with in the name of 'entertainment'.

not to mention the ridiculous celebrations he does with ZERO comment.

Spadge

#bringbackthebars
Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So where do our defenders go?

Burton - Walker
Dougal - Himmelberg
Clurey - Lynch
Broadbent - Murphy?

I don't like DBJ on Betts either and I think Broadbent will get exposed for pace against a small. Maybe strength too if Greenwood floats forward.
I'd swap Doogs and Clurey. Not sure Clurey could go with Lynch as he will work up the ground alot. Clurey will start on Walker or Himmelberg and Burton the other

dirty2

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2016
Turn left spin around 36 times and your there.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Also some indigenous players including Buddy and old mate Silk wore #67 a couple of years ago to commemorate 50 years since the 1967 referendum.

In any event Boaky is only the acting captain so no #1 for him.
Acting captain you say.... hmmmm... let's put #16 Guernsey on him and go all the way!

Last edited:

bomberclifford

Importer/Exporter
Sep 2, 2005
Cerebral Cortex
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Does the VC even traditionally wear the 1 when they are acting captain?

This sounds like an incredibly bad idea to me, Travis isn’t the captain him wearing the number one would be a huge slap in the face to his team mates, a very public and deliberate one.

I get you are pi**ed off with Jonas and Wines as co-captains, but it’s not like we are going to revoke their captaincy, delist them and have them tarred and feather’d out of Adelaide. The club should be helping them, not giving them the finger.
This is the kind of thinking that gave us co-captains in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd swap Doogs and Clurey. Not sure Clurey could go with Lynch as he will work up the ground alot. Clurey will start on Walker or Himmelberg and Burton the other
Tom Clurey 193 cms
Dougal Howard 199 cms
Elliot Himmelberg 198cms

That's why I went with Dougs

Andre

Premium Platinum
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Camries can smell blood
Why I hate Showdowns. A majority of AO members are Adelaide fans and there's too many people I see at our home games in Port gear who rock up tot he Showdown in Crows merchandise. These latter are the worst IMO. Between these two groups our Showdowns are generally something like a 70/30 split at best, whilst their's are 80/20 or 85/15. Not that I've been to an Adelaide Home Showdown since prior to moving to Melbourne in 2000. Wouldn't go to one these days if I was given the tickets for free.

WhyAlwaysMe

6x Super Bowl Champion
Oct 4, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New England Patriots M.C.F.C
Why I hate Showdowns. A majority of AO members are Adelaide fans and there's too many people I see at our home games in Port gear who rock up tot he Showdown in Crows merchandise. These latter are the worst IMO. Between these two groups our Showdowns are generally something like a 70/30 split at best, whilst their's are 80/20 or 85/15. Not that I've been to an Adelaide Home Showdown since prior to moving to Melbourne in 2000. Wouldn't go to one these days if I was given the tickets for free.
If I saw a "Port" regular rock up to the Showdown in Crows gear I'd probably flip out.

Top Bottom