Review Round 8: Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic game, but more notably a fantastic win. It was always gonna be hard when Hawthorn came back like they did with all the momentum, but it was in some ways similar to 2012 when they had all the momentum in the third and fourth but we somehow found a way to win even after being a couple of goals down late in the game. McVeigh, Goodes, Hannebery, Parker, Reid, Kennedy...take a bow. Last night felt really ******* pleasing to be able to get one back.

Ovk18p.gif

I just wanted to use the fat mugs picture to be honest

Posting a picture of him should be worth a 3-day ban I reckon.

Back on topic, I watched the first quarter on replay this morning, was great to see us stand up to this mob physically for once. Tired of seeing them push us around. It's been a while since I've seen Hawthorn use the ball so poorly, I think we won the psychological battle early which may prove to be significant later in the season.

Back on topic, I watched the first quarter on replay this morning, was great to see us stand up to this mob physically for once. Tired of seeing them push us around. It's been a while since I've seen Hawthorn use the ball so poorly, I think we won the psychological battle early which may prove to be significant later in the season.
We got back what we lost for a while, hard hitting tackles. When we tackle hard like that, we usually win

Back on topic, I watched the first quarter on replay this morning, was great to see us stand up to this mob physically for once. Tired of seeing them push us around. It's been a while since I've seen Hawthorn use the ball so poorly, I think we won the psychological battle early which may prove to be significant at later in the season.
That and a competitive game was all I wanted to see.

I also watched the replay last night and the TV coverage actually missed a lot of the scuffles that went on in the first quarter. There were several occasions where our players came in to back up their team mates. Parker was consistently amongst it.

It was like watching Sydney in reverse we were lowering our eyes and they were just long bombing.

It was like watching Sydney in reverse we were lowering our eyes and they were just long bombing.

Yeah now we just have to work on bringing the ball out of defence, feel like we switched to attack mode too quickly when we needed to be more conservative.

That and a competitive game was all I wanted to see.

I also watched the replay last night and the TV coverage actually missed a lot of the scuffles that went on in the first quarter. There were several occasions where our players came in to back up their team mates. Parker was consistently amongst it.

Yep TV didn't even show half of what went on in that first quarter with some cheap stuff from the Hawks off the ball which we kept our focus though and Hawthorn didn't and got out to the break we did. Even had players sledging each other as they were coming off the ground to the interchange.

That was what I took away from the game that we responded this time. They didn't like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are instructed to take the game on at all costs it's what i noticed against Freo and Hawks this will result in more errors but i like it.

This

When we went into our shell a bit they drew the game back
Taking the game on we look more dangerous

Hopefully we tidy up the skills as we go

Agree I think there seems to be a definite instruction to take the game on, but sometimes a bit of 'tempo footy' is required against the good sides.

Big concern is still their ability to get the ball into the hands of their guns though lewis had a largely ineffective 30 odd by his standards

But hodge mitchell lewis racking it up will usually mean a win to Hawthorn.

I just loved the aggression i think the hawks get sucked in, cant handle it, their players play with entitlement, sam Mitchell holding the ball in parkers face for instance just made him look an arrogant turd

What a fantastic game, but more notably a fantastic win. It was always gonna be hard when Hawthorn came back like they did with all the momentum, but it was in some ways similar to 2012 when they had all the momentum in the third and fourth but we somehow found a way to win even after being a couple of goals down late in the game. McVeigh, Goodes, Hannebery, Parker, Reid, Kennedy...take a bow. Last night felt really ******* pleasing to be able to get one back.

Ovk18p.gif

I love Jettas reaction, you can tell he was saving up for this game..it meant a lot to him.

Rioli overrunning that handball :straining:
Suckling spudding it up :straining:
Winning without any influence from Frank or Tip :straining:
Supporting Sydney :straining:

Life in general :straining::straining:

Whilst the stat sheet wont show it...and Tippo did kick a couple, both still influenced the game with what they do to opposition defences just by being present. Sitting where I was at the ground, High up in the Ponsford, you can see how much focus the defence put on the two which allows others to sneak in and present.

Ceglar beat Pyke tonight
5 frees against
Don't measure it by that....you could look at those frees and find enough to suggest the majority of them could have gone the other way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back