Preview Round 8: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Friday 10/05/19 @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t know if this is the right place for it, or if it’s been done, and I don’t know how to start a post myself with my backward internet here in China!
but is there really consensus on what constitutes a ‘pass mark’ for us this year? Eg,
A. Premiership?
B. Top 4?
C. Win a final?
D. Make the finals?
E. Finish mid-table but prove that we are building a top 4 level team for 2020 and beyond?

I think we sold ourselves on last year as being the mid-table-prepare-for-future-success finish but maybe it takes more than 1 year...

I’m not complaining or negative because it’s only round 8 and we’re still in it, but just curious to see what other people think is a pass mark for the year and how we’re going against it? My personal expectation was minimum C, could stomach D as an upwards trajectory but E or worse would be pretty unimpressive....thoughts?

Pass mark for us is a finals win. Nothing short of that.

We did not recruit Smith, Stringer, Saad and Shiel to finish 9th.

We literally have no picks left!

At least when he gets the ball and turns to kick blindly we might score for a change

Item number one on the Swans pregame manifesto.

1. If Myers gets the ball within kicking distance of goal be aware defenders.

a) there’s a 98% probability he’ll turn onto his left so be ready to smother...you’ll have plenty of time to get into position as he has the turning circle of the QEII.

b) if he goes to the right boot, let him go and have a rest for a moment and conserve energy as there’s a 98% probability that kick will go wobbling out on the full like a wet flour sack floating in the wind ....or go straight down the throat of a teammate.
Be ready for the instant slingshot rebounding play in this case.

Last edited:
I know most players never play in the positions selected - but this week they are having a laugh..Myers full forward - lol, Sadd forward pocket?, Fantasia half back flank...comon....surely they line up something more like;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Redman Ambrose Saad
Zakka Heppell McGrath
Fantasia Stringer Parish
Smith Hooker Tippa

Z.Clarke Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers Guelfi Ham Bellcho

Guessing Clarke might play more minutes in the ruck and we’ll push Bellchambers forward as a target if he’s not covering the ground well.

Or even less well than he usually does.

Yeah big Bellcho not the quickest bloke going around...but he certainly could cause a miss match if he just sits in a forward pocket and only rucks while the ball is down there. Hes a pretty reliable shot for goal big Bellcho so I wouldn't mind seeing him parked forward even if he is only on one leg - a bit like Dangerfield last week - didnt do much but still took a good opposition defender out of the play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Item number one on the Swans pregame manifesto.

1. If Myers gets the ball within kicking distance of goal be aware defenders.

a) there’s a 98% probability he’ll turn onto his left so be ready to smother...you’ll have plenty of time to get into position as he has the turning circle of the QEII.

b) if he goes to the right boot, let him go and have a rest for a moment and conserve energy as there’s a 98% probability that kick will go wobbling out on the full like a wet flour sack floating in the wind ....or go straight down the throat of a teammate.
Be ready for the instant slingshot rebounding play in this case.

Nah if he turns right you can start to spread because you know a handball is coming that will miss every Essendon player but at least a metre.

I know most players never play in the positions selected - but this week they are having a laugh..Myers full forward - lol, Sadd forward pocket?, Fantasia half back flank...comon....surely they line up something more like;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Redman Ambrose Saad
Zakka Heppell McGrath
Fantasia Stringer Parish
Smith Hooker Tippa

Z.Clarke Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers Guelfi Ham Bellcho

i actually really like that line up

hopefully clarkes clangers are minimal.

Swans clearly tanking. Come on down Essington. We will find a way to lose this and end our season.

Bit early in the season to tank. The Swans are just crap.

Our midfield especially. I mean just last week the Swans midfield got truly towelled up by Brisbane's, losing the inside 50 "battle" 76 to 40. I mean it isn't often a team is -37 in inside 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back