Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
A rested Buddy back for the Swans is dangerous - this is a season defining game...
We were poor against the Cats - forwards like daniher & Tippa didn't do enough - maybe daniher has to spend more time in the ruck...
Hope we can bring our A game for this..... I'd have a couple of changes and would like to see Ham or even young Houlahan get a go (probably dreaming) I'd have;-

OUT: Baguley Langford

IN: Fantasia Houlahan/Ham

Team:

Ambrose Hooker Saad
Ridley Hurley McGrath
Smith Heppell Parish
Fantasia Daniher Houlahan
Francis StringerTippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from:Guelfi Redman McKenna Zakka

Myers will come back in, doubt Bellchambers gets up from 5 day break.
Out: Langford, Bellchambers, Baguley
In: Myers, Draper, Fantasia

Hooker Ambrose Redman
McKenna Hurley Saad
McGrath Heppell Smith
Stringer Daniher Parish
Fantasia Francis Tipungwuti
Draper Merrett Shiel
Zaharakis Ridley Myers Guelfi

Sydney bottom of the ladder and in poor form, Friday night, SCG, Buddy probably back.... recipe for classic Essington.

This is a very dangerous game that we should be winning... which means it will be anything but straight forward.

I would be more comfortable playing them down here, obviously, despite their poor form at the SCG of late.

It’s a game that the Swans in their current list/form predicament would be seeing as a ‘possible win’ (due to our own vulnerabilities) and a chance to prove on the Friday night stage that they aren’t as bad as everyone is suggesting. Franklin back and us playing off a 5 day break interstate isn’t a recipe for confidence.

Sydney will bring their typical Jones / Papley ‘faux toughness’ in the early stages so we’ll need to harden up, leave the top -hat-and-tails at home and bring some mongrel instead to set the tone - otherwise we’ll risk surrendering yet another fast start to the opposition

Season over if we lose. If that doesn’t motivate them on the day then our season was over anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rotation is needed.
About 6 players are just hanging onto their spots, and do not provide much for us!

I think there will be a few changes next week. If Fantasia is ok, he comes in and so does Myers unfortunately.

Two ruckman and Daniher to stay forward.

Outs: Langford, Baguley Guelfi
Ins: Draper Fantasia Myers (woosha just loves him)

Wouldn’t mind our skipper standing up for a change.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We lose every time I travel for a game so we can chisel this one in. Sorry lads.

Worsfold on Orazio this evening: “Err... yeah... he’s good... he felt a little bit crook last night... umm... but err... from all accounts he is feeling pretty good today and back to normal... maybe 100%”

Great. We will see him back around mid-July if club track record on these things is anything to go by...

Maybe he is struggling with illness... but not the physical kind? I hope this isn’t the case.

Ins: Draper Fantasia Myers (woosha just loves him)

I think he has to play Myers and all of the other ‘banned’ players as long as they can prove their fitness. It was the club’s first priority as we came out of the ‘saga’ period. They had to do it and get all the players to come back or the negative media and further degradation of the club’s image would have been immense. It’s just unfortunately slowing us down now from getting games into the players that could one day take us into the finals. They were between a rock and hard place and probably made the right decision back then, but it may yet take a few more years for us to have the freedom of operating with a truly ‘clean slate’ once again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back