Preview Round 8: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Friday 10/05/19 @ 7.50 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Ehh, I know that Langford was incredibly underwhelming last week, but what's the point of dropping him? Apart from further ruining his confidence. I'd have kept him in and given him another chance, especially since we give Myers a million chances ffs
They are mis-managing the * out of him IMO.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
We missed finals last year by a game and % last year. That was with the second best record in the comp over last 13 games. To argue that this game against the bottom side isn’t a must win is insane.
I didnt say it wasnt a must win.

I said to rule us out of finals if we lose would be going too early. There is in fact a difference.

Myers named at FF.

But how can he utilise his B I G H O O F from there?
At least when he gets the ball and turns to kick blindly we might score for a change

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Other than Ridley i dont mind the changes.

Langford was an emergency last week, and generally if you get a reprieve to come in you need to dominate to keep your spot. He didnt obviously and so he goes out.

Regarding Ridley, i would love to hear what Woosha says on the team selection video. I imagine it is team balance again.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ehh, I know that Langford was incredibly underwhelming last week, but what's the point of dropping him? Apart from further ruining his confidence. I'd have kept him in and given him another chance, especially since we give Myers a million chances ffs
He did not play at the required level.

I'm sorry but when you're given a chance to prove yourself, you have to take it with both hands like Redman did. That's why Redman is playing and Langford isn't.

Ham is in the side because the kid tries everything to be picked. That's the level of desire needed from Langford. If he can't produce it, then he'll be in the VFL until he does.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Mark Baguley (omitted)

giphy.gif

Not sure how the in’s and out work for essendons standard line of team balance
Guelfi to defence, Ham to wing. Or Francis to defence, Guelfi forward (and Ham to wing).

It's nice to see Franga will probably be playing back but not at the expense of a younger player who has arguably a future that's just as bright if not brighter and has been playing far better football this year. Jordan didn't deserve to be dropped after last week.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Geez we're pretty light-on for marking targets in the forward line! Clarke and Stringer (kind of). Maybe Hartley will be a late in?
Yeah we are. It seems like 99% of our injuries are tall forwards/ruckman.

Sydney have a ton of injury in defence though so I think we have them covered, especially with the ball likely to come inside 50s a lot.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Francis going to defence for Ridley. Clarke in for Joey.
Our forward line is going to be underwhelming despite the inclusion of Raz.
Would have preferred to see Langford stay in and play as a third tall behind Stringer & Clarke.

Liking our chances though.
Lets keep the 100% Ham win record going.

MattF185

All Australian
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket basketball tennis athletics
I reckon Hooker will go forward. Can’t have just Zac Clarke and Stringer down there.
I feel as though Ambrose goes to Reid, Hurley to McCartin, Francis to Blakey and Redman to Hayward.
I would’ve liked to of seen Ridley get a match if Hooker goes forward, but if Hooker is playing back, then it makes sense.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Langford was a late in so not really dropped.

The Ridley dropping is the one that is bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back