Preview Round 8: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Friday 10/05/19 @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guelfi to defence, Ham to wing. Or Francis to defence, Guelfi forward (and Ham to wing).
I was more having a dig at the standard excuse for dropping talented young players who have done nothing wrong in favour of old plodders

Honestly Ridley has been average. And now Francis will play back there. It’s fine.

Ok. After my initial confusion about how Baguley got dropped, here are my thoughts.

Zac Clarke had to play, purely because no one else is fit. Not that I like it, but it’s what he was brought in to be - a break glass option.

Orazio in no brainer, just surprised Woosha actually dropped Bags lol

Myers for Langford is whatever, Woosha loves Myers as much as Bags so expected

I like Ham coming in, but why drop Ridley? Woosha back on that “drop one of our promising youngsters per week” thing I guess.

Overall I guess it’s alright.

Doubt Francis plays back

Hooker-Reid
Hurley-McCartin
Ambrose-Blakey
Redman-Hayward
Saad McKenna guelfi

He did not play at the required level.

I'm sorry but when you're given a chance to prove yourself, you have to take it with both hands like Redman did. That's why Redman is playing and Langford isn't.

Ham is in the side because the kid tries everything to be picked. That's the level of desire needed from Langford. If he can't produce it, then he'll be in the VFL until he does.
I agree langford didnt do enough to keep his spot but playing him against a team like geelong who has the stingiest defence atm is a bit much on a player who for the most part has been played out of his position his entire career. Should of atleast given him a couple of games to build some form while Ridley out is just mind boggling

Joe for Clarke fair enough, I don't want to risk Daniher on a 5 day break. Better to give him the week off now than risk anything flaring up again.

Fantasia and Ham for Baguley and Ridley - well Fantasia is an automatic in but they are effectively saying they prefer Ham in this week to Baguley/Ridley. It might be partly due to the 5 day break as well. I liked Ham's effort last time round so I'm glad to see him get another go. I expect him to be playing as a small forward more so than down back though, with other personnel to help out down back.

Myers for Langford - eh whatever. Until Langford finds some better form its hard to be too invested in this one.

I agree langford didnt do enough to keep his spot but playing him against a team like geelong who has the stingiest defence atm is a bit much on a player who for the most part has been played out of his position his entire career. Should of atleast given him a couple of games to build some form while Ridley out is just mind boggling
If he was good enough, he would have cemented a spot by now.

IMO he has been gifted 50 games and shown 3/5 of FA!

Ehh, best we can do.

Not surprised with Ridley omission, has been down the last few weeks. Back to VFL level for few weeks.

The only thing that annoys me with the Ridley thing is that he gets made an example of - and then we bring Myers straight back in, who has been God-awful all year.

Fair enough Ridley gets dropped if his form isn't up to scratch, but send Myers and Zakka (who's had a far worse fortnight than Ridley) back with him.

All players should be made to meet the same standards, not just our younger guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was good enough, he would have cemented a spot by now.

IMO he has been gifted 50 games and shown 3/5 of FA!
Coaches can make break or resurrect careers, the league is littered with such cases.
Not having a go at you in any way. I think our selection and player management this year hovers on criminal.

Sydney will bring their typical Jones / Papley ‘faux toughness’ in the early stages so we’ll need to harden up, leave the top -hat-and-tails at home and bring some mongrel instead to set the tone - otherwise we’ll risk surrendering yet another fast start to the opposition
Sadly we don’t have any mongrel. Maybe Stringer.

80 points should get it done against Sydney. It would be nice to see a few more goals out of our midfield and McKenna and Saad sneaking forward for a couple as well whilst our forward line is depleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back