Shield Round 8: Tasmania vs Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a good game, a win will calm the nerves regarding a home final.

Players I’ll be watching closely are Marsh and Hardie. I think they need some runs, and need to stamp some authority.

Shaun out with the finger Whyllie in.

don't mind that I think its time for shaun

tassie win the toss bowl on a green top
Big chance for Wyllie.
I’ve expressed my feelings regarding S.Marsh, but a key has to be the ability to stay on the park.

I’m reassessing my opinion, and moving forward in a new direction is becoming more of an option.

Does Wyllie or Whiteman bat 3?
I know Whiteman is being very successful opening, but with his more experience, I’d like to see him at 3 and Wyllie open, happy either way though

Or Wyllie into the middle order, Cartwright 3, Hardie 4?
I don’t like that us much.

Big chance for Wyllie.
I’ve expressed my feelings regarding S.Marsh, but a key has to be the ability to stay on the park.

I’m reassessing my opinion, and moving forward in a new direction is becoming more of an option.

Does Wyllie or Whiteman bat 3?
I know Whiteman is being very successful opening, but with his more experience, I’d like to see him at 3 and Wyllie open, happy either way though

Or Wyllie into the middle order, Cartwright 3, Hardie 4?
I don’t like that us much.
Happy for Whyllie to bat 3 and I wouldn't mind to see hardie there ...and whyllie go to 5

You don't want to split bancroft and whiteman best opening partnership in the comp

bancroft out for 1 just saw

WA digging in
The sun with dry this deck pretty fast. Already the green top is now more a tinge.

Backing Wyllie to be a career #3. Has an exceptional technique for someone so young. Has the temperament too. Has said himself he loves nothing more than to play the anchor role.
Bold statement Wyllie will play Test cricket and he will be our answer to the Indian 'rock' Rahul Dravid.

The sun with dry this deck pretty fast. Already the green top is now more a tinge.

Backing Wyllie to be a career #3. Has an exceptional technique for someone so young. Has the temperament too. Has said himself he loves nothing more than to play the anchor role.
Bold statement Wyllie will play Test cricket and he will be our answer to the Indian 'rock' Rahul Dravid.
big call BGman...I am WA through and through...but lets give young Wyllie some time :)

would be good though

We're knocking them around now. Not sure this bodes well for when we bowl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but lets give young Wyllie some time
I did say he will play. In time say in three/fours years. Is still only 18. You have to have exceptional talent to face and play confidently 150k balls in the nets as a 15 year old. Such was his concentration he even commented as he played the shot.

Last edited:
well 100 runs in a session on a green top...looks like adam has said to the troops play your shots

still 3 wickets would rather 2 down... lets hope these two can continue and go big

The kid got a good'n from Webster. He had to play. Perhaps a softer grip was needed tho. He will learn these technical aspects as he matures.

Last edited:
100 is a good session given the grassy surface. Not been easy out there. I feel the Tassie quicks needed to be a touch more at the stumps to allow for any movement..

Hardie goes cheaply again. Needs to be dropped for Turner if he fails 2nd innings

nah but he is going through a rough patch atm
All cricketers do at some stage in their careers. Henry Hunt is having a similar time. His only good knock was a 97* which saved an early match. Despite his form drop I 'd still have him as a future Baggy Green, likewise Hardie..

He is in the kinda form that had him wearing a Baggy Green a few years back. He will never get his team many 100s but he will punch out plenty of 50+ scores.
yeah but we want him to take the next step and convert those 50s into hundreds

thats the knock against him atm...needs to go and score big when in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back