Round 8 Trades (Get Gawn or GTFO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceglar > Rankine

Looking at using my 2nd trade on Shittonet to Phones O'Brien, I was going to trade Rozee but I think Shittonet is a more urgent problem.

Shittonet will probably get smashed by Goldstein while Phones should score well against Belllchambers.

Smith porter in
Taylor brander out

Took a punt on porter being an inside mid with hunter out indef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone talk me out of Ben McKay? I need a DEF rook.

Posted this in the other thread.

22yo. Solid JS now that Thompson is gone, backed up by NM board. $146k. 86 from only 5 touches. Twin brother is best 22 at Carlton.
Surely is bound to improve.
Only need 60's from him to gain value, with another 80 in there to boost him to $300k.

Day is $50k more, and now has Scrimshaw back in the team. Unsure on Day's JS, McKay's JS looks stronger.
Egg is $100k more, and despite his excellent score last week, I really can't afford to bring him in.
I already have McPherson.

Someone care to refute any of the above, and tell me why McKay is a bad option for DEF? (Only need a DEF)
* all possessions. Won‘t get all those spoils and one percenters every week.

Somehow, ended up holding onto Shittonet. Went King + Brander to Baz and MinchingTON. Smith goes to F5, with Rankine/Taylor now the F6/7 rotation on that line.

Will deal with the big potato in a three-trade week.

Simpson/Mayes for mine. I'm going Simpson to save $20k (tight arse!)

If you've got cover down back, go for it.
I'd like to cover you down back.

200.gif

1595510218609.png
430k in the bank
With Noble and Williamson both named & Mcinerney not one of the 5 ins (or 4 emg for Swans) I think my trades have to be:

Pitto -> Gawn
McInerney -> Simpson

Simpson should be locked into some games with Narkle, Ablett, Selwood, Clark all missing 2+ more matches.

After tonights game I need to try and get Macrae, B Smith into the side. One of them next week via King. Also liked the look of Touk miller this season as a POD. Duncan, Stewart and Simpkin will be decent prices at some stage over the next 3-4 weeks also.

Any other ideas for the second trade or stick with Simpson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceglar > Rankine

Looking at using my 2nd trade on Shittonet to Phones O'Brien, I was going to trade Rozee but I think Shittonet is a more urgent problem.

Shittonet will probably get smashed by Goldstein while Phones should score well against Belllchambers.

ET phone home.

I would argue it was stupid not to start with Gawn from round one.
It looks that way in hindsight, but there were sound arguments for going with Goldstein instead. Post byes last year Goldstein scored almost exactly the same as Gawn and was nearly $100k cheaper. There was also a fitness doubt on Gawn pre round 1 and in the first round he scored badly. He may well have continued to have struggled early if not for the long break. He's gone berserk since the restart, mainly because Melbourne are using him differently by having him play across halfback picking up lots of those juicy points for intercept marks. No one predicted that pre-season. Now he's an absolute must have. At the start of the season he wasn't.

View attachment 918053
430k in the bank
With Noble and Williamson both named & Mcinerney not one of the 5 ins (or 4 emg for Swans) I think my trades have to be:

Pitto -> Gawn
McInerney -> Simpson

Simpson should be locked into some games with Narkle, Ablett, Selwood, Clark all missing 2+ more matches.

After tonights game I need to try and get Macrae, B Smith into the side. One of them next week via King. Also liked the look of Touk miller this season as a POD. Duncan, Stewart and Simpkin will be decent prices at some stage over the next 3-4 weeks also.

Any other ideas for the second trade or stick with Simpson?

Those are the trades to make.

Ok - I'm going to post my Team for the first time this season as I really need some advice from the community.

Basically I have $390K to spend after multiple downgrades and planned a double upgrade this week. Was going to do King to Yeo (still under 500K) and Budarick to mid premo of choice. Then complete my team in coming weeks with Duncan, Cripps and Stewart all cheap as chips over the next 2-3 weeks.

Pittonet was going to be my last upgrade once Gawn put in a normal score (110ish) and drops to a normal price (which always happens - even if when he plays Goldy, Grundy, etc).

Then shittonet shat the bed and must be traded out. Problem is, I can afford Gawn but it took 3-4 downgrades to get that bank. It would all be spent on 1 player which will severely limit my ability to upgrade to bottomed out premos. In a shortened season, getting value is key and Gawn is at a massive price (he'll be $120k more than anyone else in the comp by the end of this week). No one has ever maintained an average and price that high - not even GAJ in his permacap days (see Neale who will be 130k cheaper after 1 quieter game). Goldy is 110K cheaper and averaging 130+. I think they could average similar and this would allow me to get closer to a complete team much sooner, especially as I have many new rookies who will take time to moo. Goldy has bye to come (and is bloody old) and its Gawn so I'm not sure.

What 2 trades do i make with this please??

toxic Andrew Birch WaynesWorld19

Thanks guys!!!!!

Screenshot_20200724-121455_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200724-121516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Argghhh, I hate Thursday games as I have Tenpin League and just don't get the opportunity to make calls after teams drop. On the bright side I'm averaging 212 so far post COVID-19!

I have $636k in the bank after double downgrade last week including Heeney.

Thinking this week going Starc to Ridley and T Berry to Petracca. Should I ditch Brander instead, given he isn't getting a game? Just feel if he can get back in he can me some more cash...

1595557709790.png

Ok - I'm going to post my Team for the first time this season as I really need some advice from the community.

Basically I have $390K to spend after multiple downgrades and planned a double upgrade this week. Was going to do King to Yeo (still under 500K) and Budarick to mid premo of choice. Then complete my team in coming weeks with Duncan, Cripps and Stewart all cheap as chips over the next 2-3 weeks.

Pittonet was going to be my last upgrade once Gawn put in a normal score (110ish) and drops to a normal price (which always happens - even if when he plays Goldy, Grundy, etc).

Then shittonet shat the bed and must be traded out. Problem is, I can afford Gawn but it took 3-4 downgrades to get that bank. It would all be spent on 1 player which will severely limit my ability to upgrade to bottomed out premos. In a shortened season, getting value is key and Gawn is at a massive price (he'll be $120k more than anyone else in the comp by the end of this week). No one has ever maintained an average and price that high - not even GAJ in his permacap days (see Neale who will be 130k cheaper after 1 quieter game). Goldy is 110K cheaper and averaging 130+. I think they could average similar and this would allow me to get closer to a complete team much sooner, especially as I have many new rookies who will take time to moo. Goldy has bye to come (and is bloody old) and its Gawn so I'm not sure.

Thanks guys!!!!!

View attachment 918249View attachment 918250

You're in good shape on-field and have some money sitting on the benches. If it were my team i would do

Pitto > Gawn
Starce > Mcpherson (if named)

Rd9
Brander > Ling
Williamson > Tom Stewart
Budarick > 117/123k M/F rookie

Rd10
King > premo fwd or premo mid
Mchenry > rookie

So as you can see, you can still upgrade over the next few rounds whilst aquiring the #1 SC player this week.

Thanks guys!!!!!

View attachment 918249View attachment 918250

For me Gawn is a must .....you get an extra game out of him, as he's had a bye

If you want Yeo, go Fyfe to Yeo ....and Pittonet to Gawn

Every chance Fyfe won't come back until after his R10 Bye .....that's 3 more games without a Fyfe score, you can trade him back ....personally I think he'll drop in value on his return after so long out

Leaves you with still $156K in the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back