Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings to anyone. Don't really care at this stage.
Billings to Hogan or something, Holman to Macrae. Going for the double upgrade this week. Corrective trades are annoying this late in the piece but just cannot afford to hold Billings anymore.

I reckon he'll get dropped to the twos this week anyway, what was weird was he was scoring 100s out the wazoo last year but was dropped to the twos multiple times iirc for what ever reason. This year he's down across the board but staying firmly in the side, bananas

EDIT: Getting my backs and forwards mixed up. Quite possibly half my problem...

I really like Mutch and Spargo, but I'm not sure if I'll bring both in. Maybe double downgrade this week, double upgrade next....

Billings and Parker are obvious concerns

Are Hibberd and Zorko back ?
Can they be trusted ?
I'd say no. Zorko will most certainly get tagged now every week after that performance. So much disparity between his best and worst that teams won't risk letting him get off the chain. And Saints had so many shallow entrances into forward 50 that gave the Melbourne defenders easy possessions, which let him rack up the possies. When the game was hot early Hibberd was nowhere to be seen.

Parker is still averaging 90. The hope is that when Franklin returns he will go into the middle again. He has shown ability to tonne up this year if given the right role.

Swans having an ugly loss like that might be the catalyst to switch a few moves in that side.
But then again, we thought the same about St Kilda.

Parker is still averaging 90. The hope is that when Franklin returns he will go into the middle again. He has shown ability to tonne up this year if given the right role.

Swans having an ugly loss like that might be the catalyst to switch a few moves in that side.

He’s been over 100 only twice this season. His 114 against the dogs was from 3 goals and 10 tackles...a miracle. Won’t happen again all season. 2/7 good games from someone that was supposed to have had an amazing preseason and was ready to have a huge season is utterly embarrassing. Don’t know who should be more ashamed- Parker or Longmire for trying to play him as a “dusty” type forward- here’s a little secret horse- dusty can actually move and knows how to find the ball

He’s been over 100 only twice this season. His 114 against the dogs was from 3 goals and 10 tackles...a miracle. Won’t happen again all season. 2/7 good games from someone that was supposed to have had an amazing preseason and was ready to have a huge season is utterly embarrassing. Don’t know who should be more ashamed- Parker or Longmire for trying to play him as a “dusty” type forward- here’s a little secret horse- dusty can actually move and knows how to find the ball
There are 9 players on my ground (including 3 in the midfield) that are currently averaging less than Parker.
Priorities lie elsewhere I reckon

As you have said, Billings is a strong candidate to be dropped this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd looking like he’s back...good value

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is he though?

I rage traded that flog to Simpson in Supercoach in round 3, quite happy with the 50-60 points gained so far on that

If only I traded Billings to Gray instead however :( might've been a better trade

I do need a cheap defender next week FWIW while I wait on Heeney to bottom out

I'd say Sam Reid not being there is just as big as Buddy not being there for Parker

Crowden to McLean I'm pretty settled on.

If English is named this week he has to go, but not sure whos the better option of McInerney or Crosswell

Can trade English and Doedee for Gibbs and Spargo with poo change leftover

Nothing else stands out as good value in midfield, Gibbs has bottomed out from that 65 and one big score will see him flying over 700k again. A 108 average at 680k = jump on now.

Heeney should start falling a little now, once Banfield and Brayshaw are done in a week or two I'll look to bring him in for them and move Crowden or Spargo onto my mids bench.

Fritsch is still at least two weeks away from a trade with these 90s he's pumping out, hopefully I can turn him into a Westhoff or something after Westhoff's bye.

I originally thought Finlayson was ahead of Murray with Finlaysons Dpp potentially advantageous, but Murray clearly seems to be a decent Dreamteamer with the amount of handball receives and cheap +6s he racks up, could be D7 material instead.

No point trading Crowden at the moment after I dumped Garlett and Holman in recent weeks at similar values, just hope he scores a 60 odd next week and holds ground, once that 26 falls out hopefully he crawls to 350k, his R14 bye helps also to try and squeeze max value out. Barry I will probably hold for the byes, no value in trading him now, just hope he pumps a couple of 60-70s out.

Will probably raid the Breakevens thread though for greater clarity.

Crowden to McLean I'm pretty settled on.

If English is named this week he has to go, but not sure whos the better option of McInerney or Crosswell
Mcinerney a no brainer if you own Stef, if Stef gets rested surely he steps up.

Mcinerney a no brainer if you own Stef, if Stef gets rested surely he steps up.

Nah don't own Stef

Having Cressley would be helpful over byes as well

Nah don't own Stef

Having Cressley would be helpful over byes as well
I'd keep an eye out on Peter Wright and Tom Lynch to return to the team and see where Crossley sits in the pecking order then. He is potentially one for the future though, for sure.

McInerney seems to be playing a bit of key forward at the moment too (think Walker was dropped for him).

Billings and Parker are obvious concerns

Are Hibberd and Zorko back ?
Can they be trusted ?
Zorkos score is an anomaly as far as I'm concerned atm. Buckley didn't tag him at all, same as he didn't tag Mitchel and they've both had their biggest scores ever against Collingwood.

I mean no team now is NOT going to send their best tag to Zorko, Collingwood let Brisbane score over 100 points straight off the back of Zorko really. Coaches would be sweating after seeing his efforts today, defs gonna cop the tag again...be madness not to really.

Mammoth game, and could very well be a circuit breaker for him, but I'd need to see him put in another 2 weeks of it to consider him imo

Have came to the conclusion that Boyd is taking a lot of points and ruck time away from English at the moment.

Think English has to go. If Cameron or another ruck rookie with apparent good job security unexpectedly plays later in the season I'll bring him in for Flynn and put it down as a trade wasted if Flynn hasn't been given a go yet, should've went for McInerney, but eh, what can you do. CD gave us a s**t sandwich for ruck forwards this year. I'd miss out on Spargo if I traded McInerney in now, just not the right time.

Boyd or Cox might be the only viable ones next year if Lobb or Lycett don't get DPP.....yuck. Maybe Dixon gets it too after rucking quite a bit in Ryders absence.

Have came to the conclusion that Boyd is taking a lot of points and ruck time away from English at the moment.

Think English has to go. If Cameron or another ruck rookie with apparent good job security unexpectedly plays later in the season I'll bring him in for Flynn and put it down as a trade wasted if Flynn hasn't been given a go yet, should've went for McInerney, but eh, what can you do. CD gave us a s**t sandwich for ruck forwards this year. I'd miss out on Spargo if I traded McInerney in now, just not the right time.

Boyd or Cox might be the only viable ones next year if Lobb or Lycett don't get DPP.....yuck. Maybe Dixon gets it too after rucking quite a bit in Ryders absence.

Super high on Spargo then?

I really like Mutch and Spargo, but I'm not sure if I'll bring both in. Maybe double downgrade this week, double upgrade next....
I've gone down this path. Gives me almost $800K in bank. Any rookie forward I play will score more than Billings so that's a no brainer. It was one of Richards, Doedee or Finlayson to go using Coffields dpp. At this stage I feel Richards will be the one to go.

I like the way he runs and receives

Only watched a half of today, but seemed to cover a lot of ground in that time.

DPP also

Surely rookie of the week

Would put Mutch then Ronke behind him in the pecking order.
I agree, but there is some pretty decent players currently not playing in that Melbourne side. Melbourne have 2 relatively easy games coming up, but if they lose either one Spargo could easily get dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back